PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Favre use "official" websites to communica

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I am not a guy who is a big believer in coincidence or things that reek of irony. So when www.packers.com, the official website of the GB Packers "accidentally" put up a live page claiming that Brett Favre has announced his plans to retire, one of the things I thought was "it is probably not a coincidence that Favre announced his plans to retire the day before free agency starts up."

But the story turned out to be false, and the Packers organization quickly put out a press release claiming that the story was a mistake on their part. How ironic that the "mistake" was put out one day before the start of the free agent signing period began. Was someone in the Packers organization hoping to get a response out of Favre one way or the other, or was this all coincidence and irony?

After thinking about the Packers official website, and how it may have been used to try to get a response from Favre, I decided to check out Brett's official website, www.officialbrettfavre.com. The first thing I notice on Brett's official website, is that it posts news stories from a variety of sources on a daily basis. There are stories from the Wisconsin State Journal, the NFL Network, the Associated Press and Press-Gazette, ect. ect. ect...........

The two most recent stories on Favre's official website have to do with Moss, Favre's impending decision to retire or not, and the lack of action from Ted Thompson in Free Agency so far.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_ca350700f98a/

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_e90c625f833f/

Since this is Brett Favre's official website, should we all then believe that Favre is aware of what stories are being posted on his site, and that further more, he approves of what these stories suggest or hint at?

Fritz
03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
No. I don't think Brett Favre spends much time effing around with what'll be on his website. I'm of the
Sh_t Happens school of cause-and-effect.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
No. I don't think Brett Favre spends much time effing around with what'll be on his website. I'm of the

Quite the opposite. Brett enjoys working on his website, imroving his cascading style sheets, pondering whether .net or php is the right solution, and just for fun skipping the easy font color=blue and writing it in hexidecimal.

There is only so much riding on the tractor a man can take.

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 02:47 PM

Quite the opposite. Brett enjoys working on his website, imroving his cascading style sheets, pondering whether .net or php is the right solution, and just for fun skipping the easy font color=blue and writing it in hexidecimal.

There is only so much riding on the tractor a man can take. :bow: :lol:

Jimx29
03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that the only reason it's the "official" Brett Favre website is because that domain name had yet to be boughten.
It's no more his official site than PackerRats.com is.

packinpatland
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm sure that the only reason it's the "official" Brett Favre website is because that domain name had yet to be boughten.

I'm not sure what 'official' entails, but prior to last year, Brett actually posted on this site now and then. It's gotten alittle weird in the last year....lots of what seem to be 'little girls' that are rah rah's.

MJZiggy
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM

Yes, that is Favre's official site. The news feeds are a coincidence. But the site itself is Favre's. They also have a store with authentic merchandise and like PIPL a forum full of women with nothing better to do than gush for a couple hours every time Brett or Deanna make a post. It also promotes the Fourward Foundation (and sends me e-mail each week).

GBRulz
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
While it's Favre's "official" website - it's basically a store with a message forum.

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Brett's website should have links to cool videos like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Trick+or+Treating+with+Brett+ Favre&search_type=

Favre, Don Beebe, and Frank Winters having some fun trick or treating at Holmgrems house. M1 has no idea who they are under the masks.

"Pack#1" at the JSO blog mentioned this video. It's pretty good. M1: "Your not going to believe this, but we just ran out of candy." :lol:

Lurker64
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I believe the original poster's theory is frankly wildly off base and conspiratorial. If you don't believe in coincidence or legitimate irony, you're going to lead a life that's full of befuddlement and surprises. Favre and the Packers brass are not Junior High school students who are afraid to speak frankly and communicate primarily through innuendo and thinly veiled undertones in the public forum.

If Thompson, McCarthy, or Murphy really wanted Favre's answer before free agency began, they're perfectly capable of picking up the phone in mid-February and saying "Hey Brett, do you think you could come to your decision by the end of the month?" All accounts of Brett are that he's a straight shooter and if he did or didn't want something, he's perfectly capable of picking up the phone and letting his bosses know.

I personally believe that the Packers brass is putting no pressure on Favre to make his decision any time soon, simply because their offseason plans do not hinge on Favre returning. It's not like there's two lists of free agents on Thompson's wall "ones to pursue if Favre is coming back" and "ones to pursue if Favre retires" and it's not like Thompson is maintaining "Favre" and "non-Favre" draft board. We're not looking to change this team much in the offseason, upgrade a position or two and pick up some more quality depth. We're probably going to draft a QB early on the second day anyway, since Rodgers will need a backup if not in 2008 then later on. Thompson has always said that he's building this team to succeed with or without Favre (though without a doubt some of last year's success is due to Favre and Favre alone), and as such "Favre retiring or not" doesn't factor into the Packers's plans in the offseason.

Honestly, if Thompson was pursuing any strategies that depended on whether or not Favre comes back, hopefully the last couple years would have convinced him that such plans are a poor idea.

MadtownPacker
03-03-2008, 06:59 PM
It's no more his official site than PackerRats.com is.You Numbass!! Thats is his site and from what I recall one of his buddies runs it for him..

packinpatland
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Yes, that is Favre's official site. The news feeds are a coincidence. But the site itself is Favre's. They also have a store with authentic merchandise and like PIPL a forum full of women with nothing better to do than gush for a couple hours every time Brett or Deanna make a post. It also promotes the Fourward Foundation (and sends me e-mail each week).

I'm no gusher.....got 'kicked' out a few months ago. :lol:

MJZiggy
03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry. Left out a word. Should read "like PIPL said,"

MadtownPacker
03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry. Left out a word. Should read "like PIPL said,"Damn! I was just about to try and instigate a catfight.

I think she meant what she said the first time PIPL, let the bitch have it!!! :lol:

packinpatland
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Sorry. Left out a word. Should read "like PIPL said,"Damn! I was just about to try and instigate a catfight.

I think she meant what she said PIPL the first time, let the bitch have it!!! :lol:

:shock:

KYPack
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM

"boughten"?

Numb?