PDA

View Full Version : Moss deal done...

packers11
03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
pft.com

MOSS DEAL DONE

A league source tells us that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss have agreed to a new contract. Per the source, the deal is for three years, $27 million.

The contract hasn't been signed, and the language is being finalized.

It's unknown how much of the deal is guaranteed, signing bonus, etc.

Fritz
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Good. No need for that circus in GB.

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
This news comes from the sites "rumor mill" section. 27 million for 3 years does not sound like much of a deal for Moss.

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 2:10 p.m. EST, March 3, 2008

MOSS DEAL DONE

A league source tells us that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss have agreed to a new contract. Per the source, the deal is for three years, $27 million.

The contract hasn't been signed, and the language is being finalized.

It's unknown how much of the deal is guaranteed, signing bonus, etc.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1077462&srvc=rss

Quoting the above linked article from the Boston Herald:
"The Randy Moss saga looks like it’s headed for a happy ending, as two media outlets have reported the Patriots [team stats] and the wide receiver are in the process of finalizing a three-year, $27 million deal.

Both ESPN and Pro Football Talk have reported that the contract was pretty much a done deal, as the Pats have finally locked up the free agent."

Then when ya check out ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806

"The New England Patriots and Randy Moss are finalizing terms on a three-year, $27 million deal, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The two sides are currently in the process of reviewing contract details, the source told ESPN."

Amazing how the press runs with these stories. Yesterday the big news was that Moss was entertaining offers from other teams, today the contract with NE is as good as done for a supposed 3 year 27 million dollar contract.
If the story is right, do you think that other teams (Packers included) failed to offer Moss a better contract offer than that?? I would have thought that another team would have given him way better than that, just to avoid having to play against him.

red
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
moss didn't want to go anywhere else, he wanted to stay there. him and his agent just tried cook cook up some other interest to drive the asking price for him way up

i think everyone else had him figured out this year

RashanGary
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Moss and Briggs are the two good deals so far in UFA. Moss is a real impact player and Briggs is a notch below. Both got reasonable deals for their age and impact. I think the Moss deal is better.

That said, there is always risk. Now that the Pats signed him for that, I hope it blows up in their face. If we signed it I'd hope it worked out for the best :)

RashanGary
03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I definitly think Moss took a discount to stay there. He'll get more in endorsements by being on a great team and in a pretty large market though. It might end up working out for him. I'll bet huge amounts of that were guaranteed. I wouldn't doubt if 15 were guaranteed and 20 would be earned after the first year, making the whole contract likely to be earned.

Iron Mike
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
In any further posts could you please refer to him as "Super Bowl Loser" Randy Moss??

packinpatland
03-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Of course he stays in NE instead of somewhere like GB...........it's closer to FL. :wink:

So what ever happened to his 'case' down there?