PDA

View Full Version : How much you wanna bet Chillar doesn't visit GB?

gbpackfan
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
The Cardinals were hell bent on signing LaBoy and Chillar. Laboy just signed and they are going to be working on Chillar tonight. I have this feeling that Chillar isn't going to make it out of Arizona without signing a contract.

This seems to happen to the Packers in free agency a lot. They never get the first visit. Ah well, I'm not calling for TT to go on a crazy spending spree, it's just fun to stir up free agency conversation.

Draft weekend is where TT shines! I can't wait!

HarveyWallbangers
03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I think Thompson probably has a group of LBs that could provide competition for Brady Pop (without breaking the bank). He may have Chillar as priority #1, Bailey as priority #2, etc. He won't break the bank. If those guys get other deals, so be it. He'll move down the list. The guy he does sign, he'll probably get a good deal on. Probably not a bad move. When you are talking about guys like Chillar, Bailey, Landon Johnson, etc., is there really a lot of difference between? Probably not.

Fritz
03-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Agreed, Harv. TT is selective about the guys he contacts and brings in. And it isn't based on name recognition, that's for sure. I saw an article in the Press-Gazette that he's got his eye on the Chiefs' H-back - some dude named Kris Wilson. Very typical Thompson - he sees someone that fits a very particular need at a particular price. I think some of these teams work free agency like the GM's are fantasy league owners - it's all about name recognition.

Hell the Jets just spent 33 mill guaranteed on two players, one of which, Damien Woody, had one good half season for the Lions this year. The rest of the time he sat on his increasingly bigger azz.

POLISHHAWK
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I'll put a 100 down. What's the over/under?

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Who really cares? Chillar isn't a Pro Bowl player, he really isn't a difference maker, maybe he is a step up from Poppinga, but no reason to get into a bidding war over the guy.

Zool
03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I didnt think Poops played that badly last year after they got him out of 1 on 1 with the TE's. I wonder if he would thrive in a 3-4 as the pass rushing LB? By thrive I mean be slightly above average instead of slightly below.

Brohm
03-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm guessing they are looking at anyone who can cover a lick so the can let loose Hawk a bit.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I posted in the nfl news thread that he has set up a visit with us.