PDA

View Full Version : Best Favre Memory

Packnut
03-04-2008, 09:50 AM
There are a ton of them, but my fav will always be the falling down shuffle pass in the snow at Lambeau against Seattle. In the years to come, when I remember #04, that will be my first thought.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry I am not ready for this.

sepporepi
03-04-2008, 09:53 AM
The audible TD to Rison in the SB. The play was great and he going nuts afterwards was even better :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
There are a ton of them, but my fav will always be the falling down shuffle pass in the snow at Lambeau against Seattle. In the years to come, when I remember #04, that will be my first thought.

Welcome back, packnut.

Packnut

No Packer fan is. Today is my 50th birthday and I'm sitting here feeling like I've just been kicked in the gut. I'm to old to cry but I just can't stop. Thank God, I'm home alone..............

Packnut

Welcome back, packnut.

I'm like a bad penny Harv, always around.............

NewsBruin
03-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Busted pitch play. Brett is standing deep behind the line, sees the blockers are chewed up on the right-hand side and the back is running back to the left, twitches like he's saying, "Oh shit!", drops back two yards and runs full speed into the left side of the line to block a linebacker.

packinpatland
There will always be only one #4.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s229/packinpatland/brettcopy-2.jpg

FavreChild
Monday Night @ Oakland has to be #1 for me.

But the best thing about Favre for me isn't a single memory.

The Packers sucked when I was a little kid. I first got interested in the Packers in the 1987 season. I liked Majik and Chris Jacke, and then Sterling Sharpe. My dad seized the opportunity to finally turn me into the football child he always wanted, and started teaching me all about the game. We almost made the playoffs in 1989.

Then my Majik Man went down and was replaced by this crazy kid Brett Favre. He drove my dad nuts with his wild, unpredictable play. Football suddenly became so exciting through my eyes. And it hasn't changed since. Brett has been with me every game of every season for the last 16 years of my life. I have changed schools, changed jobs, changed friends, family members, and loved ones. But Brett has always been there, a strange source of stability in my crazy life.

That's why I am a FavreChild. 8-)

[/sappy post]

Zool
03-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Sucks.....just sucks. Knew it was coming and it still sucks. Maybe I should be less emotionally invested in a football team. Stupid Favre and his stupid 17 stupid years.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 10:26 AM

Sucks.....just sucks. Knew it was coming and it still sucks. Maybe I should be less emotionally invested in a football team. Stupid Favre and his stupid 17 stupid years.

I think I learned from the NFC Championship game where I started dry heevn' in my friends drive way afterwards, and then making horrible dying animal sounds on the drive home.

Well he wasn't going to play forever.

oregonpackfan
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Favre has given me too many fond memories to single out just one.

As a fan who lived through the Lombardi era, I am still a bit perplexed that he called left tackle Forest Greeg "The greatest player I ever coached." Sure Gregg was a remarkable all-Pro tackle, and Lombardi played as an O-lineman, but I could never could quite understand that compliment Lombardi gave to Gregg.

If Lombardi had coached Favre, I thing Lombardi would have called Brett Favre "The greatest player I have ever coached."

packinpatland
03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.packers.com/history/brett_favre_tribute/

It's all right here.............they sure had ready quickly :roll:

BF4MVP
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
The audible TD to Rison in the SB. The play was great and he going nuts afterwards was even better :lol:
QFT

jpompo
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I have a very weird one that is only related to Favre not a play. I was 8 years old when I went to my first Packers game, it happened to be the Cinci game where Favre throws the TD to Taylor. However, this isn't my memory. My memory is in my driveway before the game where my uncle said to me "you're going to get to see a great quarterback today." He was of course refering to Boomer Esiason. But he could have never known how right he actually could be.

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
The one that's always going to stick with me is Favre's 9-yard rollout rushing touchdown against the Falcons to win the game in the waning seconds against Atlanta.

Probably not the greatest one in his career, but it was a seminal moment in my personal Favre canon.

MadtownPacker
03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Great story JPompo.

I have to say the Oakland game. I dont think you will ever again see the raiders fans cheer on an opposing QB that was creaming their team.

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I'll pick his very first touchdown pass. Who was that to, Sanjay Beach or some other one-year-wonder.

gbgary
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll pick his very first touchdown pass. Who was that to, Sanjay Beach or some other one-year-wonder.

no that was a one-play wonder named ketrick (sp) taylor.

the long pass to sharp against detroit in the playoffs and the ot bomb to jennings against denver are my favorites. a thousand more are right behind them.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
This is a really interesting read. An article on JSO from August 1992. I think there are a lot of telling comments by him. One that he's a good guy, but almost cocky in his abilities. Lot of truth to his statements, and he made a lot of good on them too (he did get them a Super Bowl and they needed a foundation and he was it).

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=159220

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Oakland game. That's the game, even after all those years, that made you think "Damn, this guy is just something else."

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Fun.
:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276455

Not so fun.
:(

Favre revitalized the Pack

A look at the Green Bay Packers and how they did in the 16 years before Brett Favre, and in his 16 seasons with the team:

Category Before Favre With Favre
Winning Pct. .406 .629
Division titles 0 7
10-win seasons 1 9
Playoff wins 1 11

Green Bud Packer
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
one of my favs was the T.D, pass to Sharpe at detroit in the playoffs. I can still remember the calll on tmj radio.

Irwin... Run Brett run oh no... then Mcgee ...He's wide open Touchdown.

Does anyone remember if Favre ever did the Lambeau leap?

GBRulz
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
the first time I met him and got to talk to him for like 10 minutes. It was at the groundbreaking ceremony for his restaurant in GB. For whatever reason, none of the media outlets where there, it wasn't publicized at all. Therefore, only about 25 people attended. The same 25 people who were watching him leave practice one day and he said to us "come on over to that empty space of land behind Stadium View" blah blah...I don't remember what else he said after that.

My first words to him "OMG, can I shake your hand?" Second words" Can I have a hug?" Then after I stopped acting like a little girl, I managed to have a halfway decent conversation with him about a few things. I see Packers all the time around town and it doesn't phase me a bit. But the starstruckness (if that's a word) never went away when it came to Brett!

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Does anyone remember if Favre ever did the Lambeau leap?

He did once, last season against Arizona.

packinpatland
03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
the first time I met him and got to talk to him for like 10 minutes. It was at the groundbreaking ceremony for his restaurant in GB. For whatever reason, none of the media outlets where there, it wasn't publicized at all. Therefore, only about 25 people attended. The same 25 people who were watching him leave practice one day and he said to us "come on over to that empty space of land behind Stadium View" blah blah...I don't remember what else he said after that.

My first words to him "OMG, can I shake your hand?" Second words" Can I have a hug?" Then after I stopped acting like a little girl, I managed to have a halfway decent conversation with him about a few things. I see Packers all the time around town and it doesn't phase me a bit. But the starstruckness (if that's a word) never went away when it came to Brett!

And some of us will always be VERY envious! Good memory to have GBR....good for you. :wink: