PDA

View Full Version : Who are we going to spend money on?

The Leaper
03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Well, if Favre remains retired, Thompson is FORCED to spend some money to reach the cap floor that has been made according to the CBA.

Who the hell are we going to spend this money on...and when?

Thompson can't remain in his bunker mentality mode now...which should prove interesting.

Zool
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Only thing left in the free agent pool is the shallow end where the kids pee. Might as well start locking up some home talent.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I am still out there on the free and open market. I am southpaw that can launch the ball about 50 yards. I am beefy, but I have slow feet. I can probably beat out Craig Nall.

red
03-04-2008, 10:34 AM
jennings

give him a nice big contract, and give him the bonus money right up front in a roster bonus. just to eat the cap this year, then he'll be kind of cheap the rest of the contract

you give him a 15 million dollar bonus, all of which to hit this year and we'll reach that cap floor pretty easy

red
03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
plus, rodgers has those escalators, his cap numbers will go up

FavreChild
03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Might as well start locking up some home talent.

Bingo. Besides Jennings, who else can we lock up now?

Brohm
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Give Taucher a year or 2 extension

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Give Taucher a year or 2 extension Ah no. He is gong to be washed up when his contract expires.

Zool
Kampy 2 years left
Spitz 2 years left
Grant 1 year left?
Pickett 2 years left

Brohm
I thought Taucher was up after this year (?)

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Bingo. Besides Jennings, who else can we lock up now?

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Mark Tauscher
Aaron Kampman
Ryan Pickett

Next year
Aaron Rodgers (if he proves his worth)
A.J. Hawk

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM

He is. If you can keep him around on the cheap than great, but he isn't build in way that screams "IRON MAN". His body is going to be shot before you know it.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 10:45 AM

He is. If you can keep him around on the cheap than great, but he isn't build in way that screams "IRON MAN". His body is going to be shot before you know it.

I don't know. The good thing about Tausch is that he's been relatively durable and he doesn't rely on his athletic ability. More his technique and grit. Those guys tend to last longer.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
plus, rodgers has those escalators, his cap numbers will go up

Yep, I think Palter said once that Rodgers salary goes up to 5 mil a year once he is the starter. So we only get about 5 mil from Favre. Still 30 million in space is a lot of money to play with and with no real big free agents left, the best thing to do is to start front loading extensions IMO.

cpk1994
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM

He is. If you can keep him around on the cheap than great, but he isn't build in way that screams "IRON MAN". His body is going to be shot before you know it.No,he just played most of the year on one leg and shut down Patrick Kerney and Michael Stahan on one leg. He isn't an ironman at all. :roll: