PDA

View Full Version : Draft a QB?

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I say we use one of our draft picks on a QB.

Arod may be the man, but who really knows. Plus, his contract is ending soon enough.

Good time to draft a QB and groom him like Wolf use to do. Either he replaces Arod or we dish him off to someone else for players or picks.

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
We were probably going to draft a QB anyway, but yeah it's a good idea. Not in the first round probably, since Rodgers is the anointed starter but he's going to need a backup.

If Favre returned this year you'd draft a QB to be Rodger's backup after Favre retires, and the #3 in the meantime.

Without Favre, you draft a QB this year to be Rodger's backup, and probably bring in a veteran too, though I don't know who's out there.

cpk1994
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I would think the Ron Wolf strategy of drafting a QB in the 4th-5th round area would be prudent.

Freak Out
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Absolutely you take a QB.....of course I would draft one every year if I was in charge. :)

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
ARe there any more Mannings left in the pipeline?

Fritz
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I bet TT can find one, either this draft or the next. He'll draft one both years, if this year's pick doesn't look good enough. He may do so anyway.

GBRulz
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I think they would have probably drafted one anyhow. Do I think they should take one earlier now though? No. Take one in a later round but also bring in a couple vets to compete for the starting job. I guess I'm just not fine with the idea of just giving Arod the reigns just yet.

Then again, I don't care who our QB is at this point. :cry:

MTPackerfan
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
we should have traded Williams for B Quinn :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Arod looks good, I got no problem with him taking over.

Speaking of Arod, do you suppose he raised a clenched fist into the air today? :lol:

BF4MVP
03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Draft one on the second day and let him back up Rodgers for a few years..

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Actually the Packers are going to have to make back up QB a priorty now, and will most likely have to spend a significant draft pick on a QB. Best case scenario is that the QB becomes a good back up and he is traded.

Zool
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
So no one here likes Chris Simms even a little?

GoPackGo
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM

I would have been ok with that.

Fritz
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Chris Simms...Sure, why not. It'd be tough to vent a little spleen on the guy, though.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
You have to seriously consider someone like John David Booty out of USC, Chad Hienne out of Michigan, and Josh Johnson out of San Deigo who is more of an athlete than a pure passer.

Anyways the Packers have to have a back up considering Rodgers small injury concern that can at least come in and manage the offense.

rbaloha1
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
University of Hawaii's previous football coach June Jones said during the past college football season Coach McCarthty was very interested in Colt.

Dismiss the critics -- the guy can play. His accuracy is amazing (check out the combine) and playing stats. Played in a New England style offense. Great ability to read defenses. Tough dude.

Great 3-4 round pic.

oregonpackfan
03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Though the Packers probably will draft a QB in one of the rounds, I feel there most urgent need is to sign a veteran QB as backup to Rodgers. If Rodgers goes down, the Packers do not need a rookie QB to fill in the starting spot.

Yes, I would be willing to sign Chris Sims as a backup, if he is healthy enough to play.

Badgepack
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Is Jake Plummer still in the NFL?

The Leaper
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Actually the Packers are going to have to make back up QB a priorty now, and will most likely have to spend a significant draft pick on a QB. Best case scenario is that the QB becomes a good back up and he is traded.

I don't see why you need to spend a significant draft pick on a QB. Rodgers is the guy now...he needs a DEPENDABLE backup, not a rookie. Whoever we draft should be our #3 QB in 2008...so a 4th-5th rounder probably would suffice.

This draft isn't all that great at QB anyway.

Brohm
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM

If I am not mistaken, since he retired last year, he is now off the books and can come back and do whatever he wanted...if he wanted.

Though implausible, I wouldn't mind seeing him back-up Rodgers. He has experience in Denver's WCO. The draft a 3rd QB to groom.

St. Vince
03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
How about Chad Henne? It would be interesting if he were available in the 3rd round (perhaps even the late 2nd round pick).

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
For a veteran option we could always go get Aaron Brooks, he had his best season when McCarthy was offensive coordinator for the Saints. Plus he was originally a Packer and he's the guy we always bring in for workouts at random intervals.

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 12:20 PM
How about Chad Henne? It would be interesting if he were available in the 3rd round (perhaps even the late 2nd round pick).

nah. I didn't notice it myself, but when other people here agreed that he has a slow release that made me nervous. Sounds like a statue.

gbgary
03-04-2008, 12:20 PM

maybe they'll take a second for him. :D

mngolf19
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM

If I am not mistaken, since he retired last year, he is now off the books and can come back and do whatever he wanted...if he wanted.

Though implausible, I wouldn't mind seeing him back-up Rodgers. He has experience in Denver's WCO. The draft a 3rd QB to groom.

Technically, I don't think he has retired yet. TB still owns his rights and I saw an article last week saying that they might try to talk him into coming back. That was before trading for Griese though.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 12:34 PM
You have to seriously consider someone like John David Booty out of USC, Chad Hienne out of Michigan, and Josh Johnson out of San Deigo who is more of an athlete than a pure passer.

Anyways the Packers have to have a back up considering Rodgers small injury concern that can at least come in and manage the offense.

I like Andre Woodson out of Kentucky. This kid didn't exactly have big name players surrounding him like a USC/Michigan team does and he put up some incredible numbers. Draft boards have him slipping after a poor showing in the Senior Bowl practices. That may be a blessing for us. Rodgers needs competition to bring him to the next level. Just handing him the reigns isn't going to make him better. The last position we need growing pains at is QB.

GoPackGo
03-04-2008, 12:40 PM

I like Andre Woodson out of Kentucky. This kid didn't exactly have big name players surrounding him like a USC/Michigan team does and he put up some incredible numbers. Draft boards have him slipping after a poor showing in the Senior Bowl practices. That may be a blessing for us. Rodgers needs competition to bring him to the next level. Just handing him the reigns isn't going to make him better. The last position we need growing pains at is QB.

After watching Tim Couch, I don't want any QB's from Kentucky

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Woodson was the front runner about mid way through the year for the Hiesman and then the wheels sort of fell off. His concerns are accuracy, and that he played mostly out of the shotgun. I wouldn't draft him to come in and play right away if I was a team that was in need of a starting QB, but he has talent and can possibly molded into a long time starting caliber QB if given time.

Colt Brennan is an interesting story, although his character is questionable, he is a bit narrow, thin, small build and he doesn't have a cannon for an arm. His mechanics are good, and he is accuracte as long as he doesn't have to throwing while running away from defenders. Pressure got to him against Georgia, although it was understandable since he was sacked 13 times.

pittstang5
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Technically, I don't think he has retired yet. TB still owns his rights and I saw an article last week saying that they might try to talk him into coming back. That was before trading for Griese though.

I think you're right, that the Bucs still own the rights to Plummer if he came back. Now that the Favre retirement has set in, Plummer was one of the Qbs I wouldn't mind seeing in GB to back up Rodgers. I think Rodgers will be ok in this system, but his injuries have me concerned.

I'm guessing they would have to trade for Plummer or the bucs would have to release him. More importantly, Plummer would have to want to come back. At this point, with a year out of football, is Plummer even worth it. WHo knows.

Damn...this situation just outright sucks.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM

After watching Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, and David Carr I didn't want a Tedford QB either, good luck to us all.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM

I don't see why you need to spend a significant draft pick on a QB. Rodgers is the guy now...he needs a DEPENDABLE backup, not a rookie. Whoever we draft should be our #3 QB in 2008...so a 4th-5th rounder probably would suffice.

This draft isn't all that great at QB anyway.

Ok, who do you go get that is going to be a better talent then some of the early round QBs in the draft? I agree get a solid back up, but outside of guys like Chris Simms, where are these solid backups to be had outside of trades? You probably would have to wait until the final cuts of the pre season.

Brian Leftwich? You want him in a Packer uniform? Maybe Chad Pennington if he is cut?

cpk1994
03-04-2008, 12:53 PM

nah. I didn't notice it myself, but when other people here agreed that he has a slow release that made me nervous. Sounds like a statue.Plus, he wasn't much to write home about after having one year of Braylon Edwards bailing his ass out.

Brohm
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
From what I have read, I think (hope) that Rodgers has gotten all that Tedford crap out of his system. I remember an article a ways back stating the way he held the ball was "returning to normal" and he wasn't so mechanical anymore.

We shall see....

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
University of Hawaii's previous football coach June Jones said during the past college football season Coach McCarthty was very interested in Colt.

Dismiss the critics -- the guy can play. His accuracy is amazing (check out the combine) and playing stats. Played in a New England style offense. Great ability to read defenses. Tough dude.

Great 3-4 round pic.

Brennan looked terrible against GA. Looked terrible against future players in bowl games. Bad at the combines.

185 pounds..suddenly gaining weight. Hmmm.

Brennan you take in the 6th..if ever.

cpk1994
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM

After watching Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, and David Carr I didn't want a Tedford QB either, good luck to us all.Considering Trent Dilfer has as many Super Bowl rings as Favre, I wouldn't keep him on that list.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 12:58 PM

Woodson was the front runner about mid way through the year for the Hiesman and then the wheels sort of fell off. His concerns are accuracy, and that he played mostly out of the shotgun. I wouldn't draft him to come in and play right away if I was a team that was in need of a starting QB, but he has talent and can possibly molded into a long time starting caliber QB if given time.

Colt Brennan is an interesting story, although his character is questionable, he is a bit narrow, thin, small build and he doesn't have a cannon for an arm. His mechanics are good, and he is accuracte as long as he doesn't have to throwing while running away from defenders. Pressure got to him against Georgia, although it was understandable since he was sacked 13 times.

Woodson was on the run a lot the last half of the season. I have been watching this kid since his sophomore year. He just gets better and better. If McCarthy is a genius of a QB coach as I believe he was billed to be, then he is a perfect fit for our style of offense. He has strong leadership, field presence and a cannon for an arm. Accuracy can be worked on but leadership and presence doesn't just "happen". When teams faced off against Kentucky, they knew they had to account for him.

Colt Brennan is an interesting prospect although he will probably not be around for us to even think about. I also have my concerns because be played in such a weak conference. I still wish we took Quinn last year regardless of Favre retiring. I think he was the most NFL ready QB that was out there coming out of college in recent memory. There is certainly no one NFL ready in this draft.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM

After watching Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, and David Carr I didn't want a Tedford QB either, good luck to us all.Considering Trent Dilfer has as many Super Bowl rings as Favre, I wouldn't keep him on that list.

So now we are judging QB's by Super Bowl rings? Gotcha, I guess Favre really sucks then. Nevermind the fact Dilfer was let go after the win. Shows the confidence in that QB now doesn't it.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 01:05 PM

After watching Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, and David Carr I didn't want a Tedford QB either, good luck to us all.

Leave it to you to be completely stupid.

Dilfer: HAS WON A SUPERBOWL. If Arod does that i'll be happy.

Carr: Umm, that would be interesting how Tedford affected him since Carr red shirted in 99 and started in 00 and 00...wait for it, wait for it..wait for it.. Tedford had last coached at Fresno state in 1997.

Harrington: Tedford was gone by the time Joey had his tremendous senior year..and Tedford was the OC..not the QB coach. But, i'll give you some leeway on that.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
From what I have read, I think (hope) that Rodgers has gotten all that Tedford crap out of his system. I remember an article a ways back stating the way he held the ball was "returning to normal" and he wasn't so mechanical anymore.

We shall see....

The mechanics aren't my concern. It's the complexity of the offense and the ability to read the defense that is. One poster thinks because Dilfer won a super bowl that makes a statement for Tedford QB's. Even though that QB is a journeyman.

Rodgers has shown he can scramble for yardage. He has also shown he can get knocked out of the game. The two don't mix well. He needs to gain pocket presence, be able to read defenses, and be able to look off receivers. Against Dallas, the WR did a lot to make him look good. He never looked past his primary route and hung onto the ball until that route opened up. The saving grace part is he got the ball to them, something he had struggled with in previous seasons. Tedford QB's are not successful in the NFL for different reasons but the one that always haunts them is the complexity of the game and the decision making.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Carr: Umm, that would be interesting how Tedford affected him since Carr red shirted in 99 and started in 00 and 00...wait for it, wait for it..wait for it.. Tedford had last coached at Fresno state in 1997.

Harrington: Tedford was gone by the time Joey had his tremendous senior year..and Tedford was the OC..not the QB coach. But, i'll give you some leeway on that.

Okay Ty, you are soo smart. Name one successful Tedford QB. Go ahead. And don't give me Dilfer's Super Bowl on a team where he was asked not to screw up and rely on defense and a running game.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 01:09 PM

Woodson was on the run a lot the last half of the season. I have been watching this kid since his sophomore year. He just gets better and better. If McCarthy is a genius of a QB coach as I believe he was billed to be, then he is a perfect fit for our style of offense. He has strong leadership, field presence and a cannon for an arm. Accuracy can be worked on but leadership and presence doesn't just "happen". When teams faced off against Kentucky, they knew they had to account for him.

Colt Brennan is an interesting prospect although he will probably not be around for us to even think about. I also have my concerns because be played in such a weak conference. I still wish we took Quinn last year regardless of Favre retiring. I think he was the most NFL ready QB that was out there coming out of college in recent memory. There is certainly no one NFL ready in this draft.

You've been watching him since his sophomore year? How? With the vast Kentucky games on what network? And, why? Did you attend UK?

So, you were watching him lead UK to a 3-8 record as a sophomore. You were watching when they were 7-5 the next year? Stop lying.

Nobody watches UK football..not even Kentuckians.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
They do broadcast on National TV or were you too busy packing your crack pipe? I first saw him while flipping through channels waiting for a Badger game. I watched every chance I got from then on. Did I care about Kentucky? Hell no, I could care less. But this kid was worth watching.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Okay Ty, you are soo smart. Name one successful Tedford QB. Go ahead. And don't give me Dilfer's Super Bowl on a team where he was asked not to screw up and rely on defense and a running game.

Excuse me..but, i don't have to do anything..except make you look foolish..well, you do that on your own quite well.

Dilfer...isn't that what you want a QB to do? Not screw up. Guess i was mistaken. BTW, i could just as easily say that he was with the Bucs..name one succesful QB there before Culverhouse sold the team. I seem to recall a HOF QB that blew there.

Harrington: Are you really gonna blame him when I could just mention he played for the lions.

Perhaps we should look at Tedford as a guy who coached up marginal talent..guys that are still in the league like Volek and Feeley.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 01:14 PM
They do broadcast on National TV or were you too busy packing your crack pipe? I first saw him while flipping through channels waiting for a Badger game. I watched every chance I got from then on. Did I care about Kentucky? Hell no, I could care less. But this kid was worth watching.

Broadcast on national TV. LOL

They were broadcasting a 3-8 team? LOL

THey were broadcasting a 7-5 music bowl team. Please. You have been exposed.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I didn't think you could come up with a rational response. There are none Ty. Not a single success story in the entire NFL. Mediocrity and jokes. David Carr probably had the most potential but he landed on a crappy team.

When you are done reveling in the essence that is Ty, pull your head out of your ass and quite trying to make excuse after excuse without any proof.

Merlin
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM

They would never broadcast nationally a Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida or Auburn game would they?

I guess they only broadcast those teams against other teams other then Kentucky.

The next time you want to match wits with someone, make sure you have wits to begin with (and I said wits).

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 01:27 PM

They would never broadcast nationally a Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida or Auburn game would they?

I guess they only broadcast those teams against other teams other then Kentucky.

The next time you want to match wits with someone, make sure you have wits to begin with (and I said wits).

Right, every week you watched him play against those teams. LOL

And, they never were at the same time as the badger games.

Listen, idiot, i lived in the south for 10 years and they rarely show UK..even on Jefferson Pilot.

At best you might have caught 2 games a year..and they certainly weren't broadcasting a top 20 team againt a 3-8 team. Who would want to watch that?

GoPackGo
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Maybe TT will bring in David Carr to compete with Rodgers. Then we could have 2 tedford QB's :wink:

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
The one thing that is definitely in McCarthy's resume as a coach, is that he definitely knows how to get the most out of quarterbacks. If you pay attention to the QBs he's coached, before, during, and after his tenure you notice that there's a definite upswing and then downturn.

I mean, McCarthy found a way to get a decent season out of Aaron Brooks, which nobody has done before or since.

I'm sure he can teach some other folks to play QB too.

KYPack
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Colt Brennan is an interesting prospect although he will probably not be around for us to even think about. I also have my concerns because be played in such a weak conference. I still wish we took Quinn last year regardless of Favre retiring. I think he was the most NFL ready QB that was out there coming out of college in recent memory. There is certainly no one NFL ready in this draft.[/quote]

You've been watching him since his sophomore year? How? With the vast Kentucky games on what network? And, why? Did you attend UK?

So, you were watching him lead UK to a 3-8 record as a sophomore. You were watching when they were 7-5 the next year? Stop lying.

Nobody watches UK football..not even Kentuckians.[/quote]

Well, I agree with....Merlin!

Kentuckians watch the hell out of UK football, In fact, it's a lot like the old Badgers were. Even when they lose, everybody packs the joint and gets wasted at the games

Woodson is the poor man's Vince Young. 6'3" 230, strong as a bull, great feet, very mobile and an arm that won't quit. He's a prospect and a project. Lousy time management, gets confused and when he's off, he's horrible. But the kind of raw material a Pro coach looks at to develop a Pro QB, the kid's got it.

I think the Pack has to get rid of Nall (eventually) & start over at the other two spots (God, I hate typing this!).

They need a solid vet at the back-up. Rodgers has shown to be a little brittle. A Chris Simms (doubt they can get him) Trent Green, somebody who can come in and know what's pulling off is necessary.

The 3rd spot is for a developing kid who can be somebody. the whole landscape is totally different now. We need a couple guys who can move the team and a kid who can be molded into an NFL starter would be nice.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Bringing in a vet is more important right now IMO.

The Shadow
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I'd love to see Billy Volek brought in.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM

Nobody watches UK football..not even Kentuckians.[/quote]

Well, I agree with....Merlin!

Kentuckians watch the hell out of UK football, In fact, it's a lot like the old Badgers were. Even when they lose, everybody packs the joint and gets wasted at the games

Woodson is the poor man's Vince Young. 6'3" 230, strong as a bull, great feet, very mobile and an arm that won't quit. He's a prospect and a project. Lousy time management, gets confused and when he's off, he's horrible. But the kind of raw material a Pro coach looks at to develop a Pro QB, the kid's got it.

I think the Pack has to get rid of Nall (eventually) & start over at the other two spots (God, I hate typing this!).

They need a solid vet at the back-up. Rodgers has shown to be a little brittle. A Chris Simms (doubt they can get him) Trent Green, somebody who can come in and know what's pulling off is necessary.

The 3rd spot is for a developing kid who can be somebody. the whole landscape is totally different now. We need a couple guys who can move the team and a kid who can be molded into an NFL starter would be nice.[/quote]

I didn't say don't draft him. I just laughed at him claiming to have followed him since his soph year. Sure, he was following him when he came close to losing his job to Pulley (spelling?)

And, you know very well that UK wasn't on espn multiple times during the 3 win season..nor the 7 win. You'd be lucky to catch maybe 3 games. Better chance if you had a dish and could get JP.

KY, i know kentuckians follow their team, but in no way does it compare to badger football. That would be like saying wisconsites follow UW basketball like UK fans do. Not a chance.

3irty1
03-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Great 3-4 round pic.

Brennan looked terrible against GA. Looked terrible against future players in bowl games. Bad at the combines.

185 pounds..suddenly gaining weight. Hmmm.

Brennan you take in the 6th..if ever.

I'd be thrilled with drafting Colt Brennan.

RashanGary
03-05-2008, 07:06 AM
I also like Colt Brennan. I'd be perfectly OK if we ended up drafting one in the 1st or 2nd rounds if he's the BPA as well. Rodgers needs real competition adn even if he does pan out, there's nothing wrong with having a 2nd on in the wings.

Zool
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Scouts were not impressed with Woodson at the Sr Bowl week. Said he has a very slow release. Thats not a good fit in a WCO.

KYPack
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
[quote="Tyrone Bigguns
KY, i know kentuckians follow their team, but in no way does it compare to badger football. That would be like saying wisconsites follow UW basketball like UK fans do. Not a chance.[/quote]

My point is that their is a helluva a lot more support for UK football than "outsiders" (that includes me, unless your born here, you ain't from here) may be aware of. The spirit that infected Madison when the Badgers sucked is present in Lexington

They always sell out the joint or close to it. The home games are a monster party. The big weekend each season includes the track. Keeneland is the finest horse track in the US. They have a big afternoon card and then the Cats play an SEC rival that night. I've considered a trip to Betty Ford several times after a Saturday down in Lexington for that one.

UW basketball doesn't compare to UK basketball.
UK basketball compares to Packer Football. They are both religions, statewide lifetime passions.

UK football has the same vibe that Badger Football had when the Badgers sucked but still sold out the place.

UK football fans want a plus 500 record, a bowl game & beat Georgia or Tenn once a year.

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Actually when the Badgers sucked ass in the 1980s Camp Randall was a pretty lonely place to be on a Saturday afternoon. I remember getting excited just seeing the score of the Wisconsin game scroll across on the bottom the TV screen. I didn't even know Wisconsin had a team.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
[quote="Tyrone Bigguns
KY, i know kentuckians follow their team, but in no way does it compare to badger football. That would be like saying wisconsites follow UW basketball like UK fans do. Not a chance.

My point is that their is a helluva a lot more support for UK football than "outsiders" (that includes me, unless your born here, you ain't from here) may be aware of. The spirit that infected Madison when the Badgers sucked is present in Lexington

They always sell out the joint or close to it. The home games are a monster party. The big weekend each season includes the track. Keeneland is the finest horse track in the US. They have a big afternoon card and then the Cats play an SEC rival that night. I've considered a trip to Betty Ford several times after a Saturday down in Lexington for that one.

UW basketball doesn't compare to UK basketball.
UK basketball compares to Packer Football. They are both religions, statewide lifetime passions.

UK football has the same vibe that Badger Football had when the Badgers sucked but still sold out the place.

UK football fans want a plus 500 record, a bowl game & beat Georgia or Tenn once a year.[/quote]

UK football isn't the only game in town. Badger football is.

Doesn't compare.

KYPack
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
If we could get Woodson with one of our 2's, I'd grab him.

The vets? We need to sign one, but man, I don't know who.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM

2nd is too high.

He is more a 3.

I'd rather take Flacco if we are going to pick someone in the second.

KYPack
03-05-2008, 03:43 PM

2nd is too high.

He is more a 3.

Yeah, Flacco if he's there.

Don't think Woodson will last til day 2.

I'd go Flacco with either 2, Woodson if Flacco's gone & I think he will be.

TT'll probably draft 3 DT's with the first 3 picks, for all I know.

lod01
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe TT will bring in David Carr to compete with Rodgers. Then we could have 2 tedford QB's :wink:

Carr is the worst excuse the NFL has ever witnessed at the QB position. A pure pile of scared shit.

GoPackGo
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Carr is the worst excuse the NFL has ever witnessed at the QB position. A pure pile of scared shit.

he does have good hair though

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM

I could think of a few excuses that were even worse...but I agree with the general concept. David Carr is a horrible QB who has zero confidence, zero poise and zero anticipation.

Fritz
03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I think the general point made on page one is a good one: you need a vet to back up Rodgers, so you find someone who can come in and manage the offene if Rodgers is hurt, and you draft a rook to hold down the baseball-cap-wearing job as a third stringer. Thus you can draft more of a "project" guy.

I don't know the players, though, except for maybe having seen Ryan a couple times (I think he's very good, though I also thought David Carr was good in college) and Chad Henne more than that. I wouldn't be bummed if the Pack picked up Henne. But I'm not saying he's all that. I just think that he's got a good arm and a head for the game. Can't avoid a pass rush very well, though.

Freak Out
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Bottom line is we need another QB with an unpronounceable name.

Lurker64
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM

If we're picking a second Tedford QB, I think I'd rather have Harrington. Then again, we could get Carr, and Harrington to back up Rodgers, and then have three Tedford QBs...

GoPackGo
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM

If we're picking a second Tedford QB, I think I'd rather have Harrington. Then again, we could get Carr, and Harrington to back up Rodgers, and then have three Tedford QBs...

The Tedford Trifecta could be unstoppable!

Tyrone Bigguns
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Carr is not a tedford product. Tedford was long gone before Carr was even playing.

Fritz
03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Bottom line is we need another QB with an unpronounceable name.

If we're going for a "name," then I say we go for that dude from Delaware - "Now playing quarterback for the Green Bay Packers - number 11 - Joe Flaccid!!"

Thinking about that leaves me limp.

KYPack
03-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Harrington is available. Oh no, Tank's sig might possibly happen!

I'd like us to get a vet and a good kid that can be developed. I don't think Nall is worth the roster spot.

Gray
Carr
Harrington
Green

no Fumblinina

The kids? Sacco, Woodson or whoever.

Fritz
03-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Somebody who can follow the hippocratic oath: do no harm.

Then draft a rook who has crazy potential but plays like he's in the schoolyard.

Packers4Ever
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I think they would have probably drafted one anyhow. Do I think they should take one earlier now though? No. Take one in a later round but also bring in a couple vets to compete for the starting job. I guess I'm just not fine with the idea of just giving Arod the reigns just yet.

Then again, I don't care who our QB is at this point. :cry:

Totally in agreement with your last comment, GBR, :(
maybe Doug Pederson is free these days...he learned
a lot backing up Brett.

ND72
03-05-2008, 07:41 PM

2nd is too high.

He is more a 3.

Yeah, Flacco if he's there.

Don't think Woodson will last til day 2.

I'd go Flacco with either 2, Woodson if Flacco's gone & I think he will be.

TT'll probably draft 3 DT's with the first 3 picks, for all I know.

Todd McShay AND Mel Kiper today on espn radio said Woodson can still be grabbed well into round 3 and possibly as far down in round 5.