PDA

View Full Version : Thompson's Dogmatism Will Stop Team's Progress

Beav
03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Ted Thompson has done a good job drafting, but, like Dean Taylor, doesn't seem like he'll get the team over the hump. At best, we'll be like Seahawks, which is good, but not great. Thompson should have spent all his cap money and went for broke with a few vets to make runs in 2008 & 2009.

In the end, Favre left not because he was tired of football, he was tired of Thompson's inability to understand what the next step is, which is sell-out and go for the Championship. It's what great teams do.

The Packers will be good, 9-7, 10-6, maybe even 11-5 if the defense gets better, but without Favre, the Superbowl is a pipe dream.

http://www.realwisconsinnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=167&Itemid=34

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi, Tank.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Yawn.

We knew Brett was going to retire. Ted Thompson is the guy that's built a team--in a short amount of time--that's young and talented enough that we actually have a shot at being successful without Brett. That's saying something when you think about the age of the team, and the salary cap hell we were in, when he took over.

Brohm
03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Yep w/o Farve, the Packers, nor any other team, will ever win a SB. Hell, just cancel football.

Fuck Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won a SB for fuck's sake. Brett rocked and he left on his own accord.

When millions of fans got your back, do you really think Farve gives a fuck what TT thinks? Or TT is stupid enough not to punch that meal ticket.

I ask again...is 13-3 with aging vets better than 13-3 with the youngest team in football. Hell we lost in overtime in the NFC championship to the eventual SB winner. Future is bright, it's just a new page.

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I, like Beav, can see the future with perfect clarity and read the minds of people I haven't met. I'm going to make a killing in the stock market.

cpk1994
03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Ted Thompson has done a good job drafting, but, like Dean Taylor, doesn't seem like he'll get the team over the hump. At best, we'll be like Seahawks, which is good, but not great. Thompson should have spent all his cap money and went for broke with a few vets to make runs in 2008 & 2009.

In the end, Favre left not because he was tired of football, he was tired of Thompson's inability to understand what the next step is, which is sell-out and go for the Championship. It's what great teams do.

The Packers will be good, 9-7, 10-6, maybe even 11-5 if the defense gets better, but without Favre, the Superbowl is a pipe dream.

http://www.realwisconsinnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=167&Itemid=34Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson would strongly disagree with you.

Fred's Slacks
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM

This is comical. What great teams do aye? Like how the Giant's "sold-out" in free agency last year? Look at the Pats. Spent all those years drafting well and finding good value (not expensive) free agents and they win three rings. The year they finally "sell-out" they end up losing the big game.

PackerTimer
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Favre is a great QB and probably gave us our best chance at a Super Bowl next year, but come on, a pipe dream? Tell that to all the teams that have won a Super Bowl the last decade without Brett Favre.

Cheesehead Craig
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Just ignore the thread

KYPack
03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi, Tank.

Ya beat me, BHawk.

Rastak
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
What up Tank?