PDA

View Full Version : Did you shed a tear?

GrnBay007
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I did....twice so far. First when I picked my kids up from school and it was the first thing they talked about and they were the first people I was around all day that knew how it would hit me. Second time when I watched what I had recorded on ESPN before, during and after the press conference.

I admit I'm a sensitive wimp....anyone else shed a tear or two?

Green Bud Packer
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Rest your head on our shoulders. We'll get thru this together

packinpatland
03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes,.............around here there aren't too many people to commiserate with. :cry:

GrnBay007
03-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Rest your head on our shoulders. We'll get thru this together
Get your ass (shoulder) over there then!! :cry:

:P :wink:

GrnBay007
03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Someone at work today told me they heard on the radio that all Favre/Packer fans were getting together in WI bars tonight at 7pm to make a farewell toast to Favre. I'm wondering if they were joking ......did anyone else hear this?

I could see Packer fans wanting to be together at a time like this.

oregonpackfan
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
No tears from me--just an aura of resignation. We all knew this day would come eventually.

I'm just glad his career did not end with a serious injury like Joe Theisman's broken leg.

I'm also glad he went out on his terms rather than overextending his stay and being benched.

Bretsky
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Chicks Cry
Men Swear

GrnBay007
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Chicks Cry
Men Swear

Did you swear?

I did both. :oops:

Bretsky
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Chicks Cry
Men Swear

Did you swear?

I did both. :oops:

I've been swearing all day :!:

GrnBay007
03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Someone at work today told me they heard on the radio that all Favre/Packer fans were getting together in WI bars tonight at 7pm to make a farewell toast to Favre. I'm wondering if they were joking ......did anyone else hear this?

I could see Packer fans wanting to be together at a time like this.

Well, just in case the above is true and I wouldn't want to miss it, I'm taking my kids to dinner at a little road house tavern in WI with great food. Even if there's not a group toast at 7pm we will do one in honor of Brett with two kiddie cocktails and a bacardi and DP. :P

:glug: To Brett! We love you man!!! :glug:

...and will miss you more than you can imagine.

Joemailman
03-04-2008, 05:46 PM
There's No Crying In Football!!!

Badgerinmaine
03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
No tears from me--just an aura of resignation. We all knew this day would come eventually.

I'm just glad his career did not end with a serious injury like Joe Theisman's broken leg.

I'm also glad he went out on his terms rather than overextending his stay and being benched.
Yes, yes, and yes.

Thanks, Brett.
:thank: :thank: :thank:

twoseven
03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I was numb most of the day, thought more about what the team will do now, verus what just happened. But watching TV all afternoon, when they aired all of the candid Favre moments, played the sidelines audio, showed him acting like a kid, relived all of the good times, etc. it hit me like a ton of bricks how much I am going to miss him. 16 years of my life blessed to the hilt watching him play, will it ever be as good as those 16 again? I'm thinking about how I am going to tell my 3 year old son, in a few years when he can better understand, about Brett Favre and how great he was, I can only imagine it will be like when I hear about Johnny Unitas and Jim Brown. In September it's going to feel like a loved one has passed. I fully expect to see his name and number next to Reggie's in the ring of honor at that time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM
No, but I felt like crap all day......

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Almost teared up when I was watching the highlight of him carrying Jennings off the field after 421 in Minnesota. That was "the moment" when I realized that he was gone and there would never again be anything like him.

Then again when I realized I never got the chance to see a legend in person. Even though that was more frustration.

However, I will say this. When Rodgers becomes a legend I'll be sure not to miss out on seeing him. :tup:

falco
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Almost teared up when I was watching the highlight of him carrying Jennings off the field after 421 in Minnesota. That was "the moment" when I realized that he was gone and there would never again be anything like him.

Then again when I realized I never got the chance to see a legend in person. Even though that was more frustration.

However, I will say this. When Rodgers becomes a legend I'll be sure not to miss out on seeing him. :tup:

i saw 421 in person (albeit from the upper stands). first and only time I saw favre live. I'm sorry you didn't have the chance.

Packerarcher
03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I am man enough to admit that I shed a few tears,then I swore then shed a few more tears. Then it really hit me that Rodgers may be our starting quarterback and I REALLY cried.

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM

i saw 421 in person (albeit from the upper stands). first and only time I saw favre live. I'm sorry you didn't have the chance.

Man, if you could only see Favre once, that's a pretty good game to pick.

b bulldog
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I must be a huge wuss cause I cried during ESPN's highlights of Brett and what he meant to WI. I also cried like a baby when we won the SB in 97.

Carolina_Packer
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I figured he was going to call it a career and when you know something is going to happen, sometimes you resign yourself to the fact. He will be missed for sure. Let the A-Rod era begin. Good luck, kid!

BooHoo
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I have been numb all day. Kind of like a dream that I wish I would wake up from. I sat in front of the TV a lot today watching the NFL network and ESPN getting all the scoup. THe NFL network gave his retirement a lot of playing time. Well, I knew the time would come for Bret to retire but I wasn't prepared for it this year. Especially, after the great season he had last year. I thought for sure he would be back. :cry:

MadtownPacker
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I actually got into some road rage on my way home this morning.

PlantPage55
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I was numb, until I watched that video where all the former sports legends welcome Brett into their circle.

Then I cried like a baby. Partly out of joy that I was a part of it as a fan, and partly out of pain, because I'll never get to see him play again.

BooHoo
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Brett had a great career. Even many non-packer fans loved and respect Brett!

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 08:19 PM
No crying. However, I'm worried that I might when he has his press conference. I hope he doesn't cry.

BooHoo
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think Brett can make it through his press conference without shedding a tear. He will also shed a tear when the Pack retire his number.

BF4MVP
03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
My eyes welled up a bit when I was watchin one of those tributes on ESPN

Rastak
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
No crying. However, I'm worried that I might when he has his press conference. I hope he doesn't cry.

Oh Harv, hang in there. I can't say I shed any tears over anyone retiring. I did however well up a bit when Kirby Puckett and Cory Stringer died. I was pretty bummed when Puckett had to retire, back in my pre- 1994 strike liking baseball days. Now they (baseball) can blow me, but that's another story.

GrnBay007
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
OK, should be a poll who shed a tear during Brett's press conference........could there be any no's? Not many............if any!!

Fosco33
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll admit I got teary watching the PC this evening - at home. BUT I did just have Lasik so pretty much anything makes my eyes water...

Seriously - that was tough for him - and very emotional - but it seemed theraputic for him and that makes me feel better about the whole ending. He needed that. I've never heard him sound/say he's so tired, drained, stressed out and not having the fun anymore. It was depressing - or at least - he sounds genuinely depressed.

But at the end, he cracked that famous smile - and so did I.

Joemailman
03-06-2008, 07:45 PM

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/favre2_speaks30608-308.jpg

No tears from me, but because of his retirement I'm more depressed than ever about the loss to the Giants. It would have been the perfect cap to his career to walk off that field knowing he had led this young team to the Super Bowl. He deserved to go out that way.

Harlan Huckleby
03-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Of those who cried, how many cried for the first time in their adult life?

RashanGary
03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I cried when he gave his retirement talk. I didn't cry because he's leaving, I cried because he was so goddamn emotional that I couldn't help but feel his joy, humiliy and exhaustion with him.

As far as him not playing football, there will be moments where it's strange not having Favre on Sundays, but I'm very excited about what is next. I'm not one to hang on to the past.

GrnBay007
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I cried when he gave his retirement talk. I didn't cry because he's leaving, I cried because he was so goddamn emotional that I couldn't help but feel his joy, humiliy and exhaustion with him.

As far as him not playing football, there will be moments where it's strange not having Favre on Sundays, but I'm very excited about what is next. I'm not one to hang on to the past.

Bet you'd cry if TT stubbed his toe. :!:

RashanGary
03-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Bet you'd cry if TT stubbed his toe. :!:

:lol:

I don't like TT that much. Sheesh :) I respect TT more than I like him. I probably like Favre more than TT.

MJZiggy
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I had a harder time with the Make a Wish speech for some reason.

RashanGary
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I had a harder time with the Make a Wish speech for some reason.

Yeah, that one was more touching because that little girl was acting all cute or whatever you call that :). I'm a wimp when people start crying though.

BallHawk
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
I expected to, but I didn't. It was weird, I was watching it in the middle of a mock UN conference, maybe that was part of the reason for me not crying, but I was expecting to at least tear up a little bit. It was largely numbness as the main feeling. I was happy to see him finally have the weight off shoulders, however. The only time I've directly cried over Favre was after he threw the TD to Walls against the Raiders and after the Chicago game last year when he teared up in post-game interview. In regards to the Chicago game, I think the main reason I cried there was because that was when I, as well as others, really thought that game was goodbye.

Pacopete4
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
when he started to break down.. thats when i did as well... i feel like a panzy but i dont really care, i love the man

BallHawk
03-06-2008, 08:51 PM
when he started to break down.. thats when i did as well... i feel like a panzy but i dont really care, i love the man

In times of a legend retiring, crying is permitted.

GrnBay007
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM

No need to....you are among probably 90% of Packer fans.

b bulldog
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I cried but I bawled earlier when I had to put down my 13yr old Golden Retriever. jimmy was his name, he was the greatest dog I've ever had. We will be burying him once it warms up.

RashanGary
03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I cried during the Raider game, at the make a wish interview and when he retired. All were very touching, real moments.

BallHawk
03-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I cried but I bawled earlier when I had to put down my 13yr old Golden Retriever. jimmy was his name, he was the greatest dog I've ever had. We will be burying him once it warms up.

Sorry to hear that, bulldog. As the case is with Favre, it's the same with Jimmy. Remember the good times.

HarveyWallbangers
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I had some strange, uncontrollable laughter when he was crying. It think it was my body's defense mechanism against me crying.

And ballhawk, you are on the clock.

Bretsky
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I didn't cry; I went to a bar down the street to watch this instead of working

I admired the two hot bartender chicks who were crying as BF was and my defense mechanism was to let my imagination run a bit about the two hot chicks

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I didn't cry; I went to a bar down the street to watch this instead of working

I admired the two hot bartender chicks who were crying as BF was and my defense mechanism was to let my imagination run a bit about the two hot chicks

:D

Pacopete4
03-06-2008, 11:35 PM

damn, im sorry bulldog.. im kinda going thru the same thing right now, i have a 13 yr old english springer spaniel names kasper (i have another 5 yr old thats named starr as well) thats seeing its last days and ive trying to decide whats best for the dog, he has his good days and real bad days.. sorry to hear about your loss

Merlin
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Not yet. I am sure I will tomorrow as I hoist a beer in honor of the greatest football player I have ever had the joy to watch. Although I look forward to the Packers 2008 season with great anticipation, there is no player in the NFL that is more fun to watch then Favre was. I don't care if you loved him or hated him, there was a good reason for both.

LL2
03-07-2008, 06:50 AM
I'll admit my eyes well up a bit during his speech. He's been the QB of the Pack half my life, but it feels like he was the QB of the Pack my entire life. Favre will be missed.

SkinBasket
03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
I think the Raider game was much more emotionally charged than the entire retirement was.

I guess I can understand people getting misty eyed and worked up about it, but at the same time, my first reaction is, "Jesus Christ, he's retiring, not dying." To me it's a time to celebrate his career, not get all weepy about it.

Scott Campbell
03-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Man, I'm sorry.

Scott Campbell
03-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I cried when Grossman got benched.

cheesner
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM
No. In the big scheme of things, it was a very minor event.

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
When My Dad cries, I cry, when Favre cries I cry.

oregonpackfan
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM

The remedy for that, Scott, is to order your personal Grossman football jersey.
I am sure the Bears have plenty in stock.

Scott Campbell
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM

The remedy for that, Scott, is to order your personal Grossman football jersey.
I am sure the Bears have plenty in stock.

Why do Grossman jerseys have the little flap at the bottom of the back marked "KGB"?

Partial
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
How can u just leave me standing Alone in a world thats so cold?
Maybe Im just 2 demanding
Maybe Im just like my father 2 bold
Maybe youre just like my mother
Shes never satisfied (shes never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

SkinBasket
03-07-2008, 12:00 PM
You are so queer.

RashanGary
03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Partial, I'm embarassed for you :lol:

Scott Campbell
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
When doves cry

I'm sure it was just intended to be funny - RIGHT PARTIAL?

Zool
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
When doves cry

I'm sure it was just intended to be funny - RIGHT PARTIAL?

Intentional or unintentional, I laughed. 1999 was a good year.

woodbuck27
03-07-2008, 01:07 PM
No tears as I felt this was the right time for our GREAT QB to say good bye.

I awoke this AM still feeling a little different. Like possible it might feel to lose a limb (May God bless me that, that never happens) and I had a certain ache in my heart.

I lived with Brett Favre inside of me every day since we we're so fortunate to begin to see him behind center. It'll never get better for me than seeing him in our line-up throughout that fantastic stretch of season's and consecutive games.

I'll certainly miss Brett FAVRE. :o

PACKERS FOREVER!

Scott Campbell
03-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I lived with Brett Favre inside of me every day .........

I'm sure he'll stay with you Woody, along with all the other voices.

woodbuck27
03-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I lived with Brett Favre inside of me every day .........

I'm sure he'll stay with you Woody, along with all the other voices.

Man your such an asshole Scott. :D

Want a trophy?