PDA

View Full Version : Boerigter signed to 1 year deal

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Not bad, he will help for sure.
Article (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=411049)

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Definitely. If you're gonna have a standoff, it helps to have someone in there who can take over for the asshole.

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
About the same size as Walker too and a fixed ACL to boot!

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Boerigter ran an impressive 4.47-second 40-yard dash during a 2000 pre-draft workout, and in a workout last week with the Packers showed no effects of a torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in his right knee during the 2004 season.

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Have the Packers WRs ever been this big:

As they stand now, their receiving corps includes 6-3, 215-pound Javon Walker, 6-1, 219-pound Robert Ferguson, 6-1, 196-pound Terrence Murphy, Gardner and Boerigter. At 6-0, 190 pounds, Donald Driver, the team's leading receiver last season, is the smallest of those expected to make the roster.

Pack0514
03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Yea, I was just going to post something like that..... Talk about a big WR group. If Walker is willing to play (which I bet he will be, GB should be able to light up some secondarys. Lets hope Favre comes back and is able to have good Chem with them all.

GrnBay007
03-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Good news for the Pack!

Welcome to the forum Pack0514

Pack0514
03-27-2006, 08:48 AM

Thanks to everyone for having me, its an honor.

GrnBay007 - Hottie Rat huh..... how were you able to pull that one off?

MadtownPacker
03-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Yea, I was just going to post something like that..... Talk about a big WR group. If Walker is willing to play (which I bet he will be, GB should be able to light up some secondarys. Lets hope Favre comes back and is able to have good Chem with them all.

If Walker where to play the O would be awfully sweet come mid season. I dont think so though. He is too stu-stu-stupid to realize he is screwing up bad.

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I'd have to agree with you there, Mad. He's causing himself a LOT of problems.

GrnBay007
03-27-2006, 08:54 AM

Mad did it. :oops:

Pack0514
03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
If thats the case, he is even more stupid that I thought..... To retire rather than play out the last year of a contact and then go elsewhere is just plain idiotic. I'm sure he would get a big contract from someone next year.

I would call his bluff. My guts says that he comes back and plays..... TT makes him a large contract offer by the 3rd game and because JW is seeing nothing but dollar signs right now, he'll jump at it rather than risk another injury. TT will have the cap room to front load the contract also.

JW will then try and spin this as a misunderstanding and that he loves GB and is happy to be here. Unfortuanately, I could see this all happening again with him in a few years.

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 09:07 AM
In what other profession can you just announce to the press that you hate your boss and you want to be traded and you don't end up fired and unemployable.

"What was the reason you left your last job, Mr. Walker?"

"I went to the press and bashed my company so they fired me."

"I see. Yes, well, we'll let you know. Have a nice day."

oregonpackfan
03-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Borighter is a risk but a wise, calculated risk for the Packers. He may not pan out but at the same time, might surprise a lot of people.

It appears that TT is well aware that the WR position may be one of concern with the possible absence of both Walker and Murphy. He has taken a step to rectify that deficiency in the offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers draft a WR in the 3rd round or 4th to bolster that position.

Oregonpackfan

jack's smirking revenge
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM

Welcome Pack0514!!! Thanks for trippin' wit us!

tyler

POLISHHAWK
07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Thought I should bump this thread. :lol:

woodbuck27
07-17-2007, 04:33 PM
You'll give B. a fit. :)

Kiwon
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Holy Time Warp, Batman!

You guys are messin' with my mind. I thought the guy had surgery or something and the Pack resigned him for 2007.

Gotta watch those dates at the top of each post.

Freak Out
07-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Holy Time Warp, Batman!

You guys are messin' with my mind. I thought the guy had surgery or something and the Pack resigned him for 2007.

Gotta watch those dates at the top of each post.

My thoughts exactly.

Bretsky
07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Thought I should bump this thread. :lol:

WHAT A TERRIBLE TRICK TO PULL

I COME HOME FROM WORK AND THINK I CAN GET RID OF THIS DAM SIG

LOOKS LIKE IT'S WITH ME TIL 2008

K-town
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Just saw Boa Constrictor Boerigter on a Canadian football broadcast.
Along with ex-Packer Jonathon Brown (DE, drafted from Tennessee, way back when). Also, AKILI SMITH. And Henry Burris.
EEEK! :eyes:

Bretsky
07-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Along with ex-Packer Jonathon Brown (DE, drafted from Tennessee, way back when). Also, AKILI SMITH. And Henry Burris.

Is Henry Burris really any different that Ingle Martin :lol: ?

K-town
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM

Ingle is taller. And can punt! :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM

Burris was cut mid-season and placed on the practice squad after clearing waivers. I saw him play last week and he looks like he hasn't learned anything since.

The CFL is the bad memory league.

Remember the 2 draft picks given up for R-Kal Truluck of the Montreal Alouettes??

KYPack
07-19-2007, 08:49 AM

Burris was cut mid-season and placed on the practice squad after clearing waivers. I saw him play last week and he looks like he hasn't learned anything since.

The CFL is the bad memory league.

Remember the 2 draft picks given up for R-Kal Truluck of the Montreal Alouettes??

Truluck would've been cut in a matter of days by the Chiefs, but NO, Shermy had to trade two picks to get a guy who was done?

That and the drafting of BJ Sanders with a 3rd convinced me Sherm was in over his head.