PDA

View Full Version : Michael Huff !!!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Regardless of whether Thompson trade down or not, Huff is the guy to draft. One thing the defense lacked last season is a playmaker. Huff is a playmaker. Drafting Huff would allow the Packers to blitz Collins; Collins rarely blitzed last season because Pack does have another reliable centerfielder. Remember the days of Butler and Sharper? Butler and Robinson?

AJ Hawk is not the answer, neither is Mario Williams. Michael Huff is a playmaker and a playmaker is what the Packers need most. Huff is not only an Ed Reed clone, he plays like him also (although i do think Huff is the more talented player). Forget about Manuel. That guy is a back up at best.

Draft Huff.

hurleyfan
04-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Tank,
I agree to a point. Huff would be a good addition to the defense, but if TT stays at #5, I think he'll take Mario (if he's there)-he's rated as #5 "worthy". If Mario is gone, Hawke will prolly be his second choice as he's being tabbed as a difference make on D also.

One thing I can't rule out, is Davis being the pick. Favre has stated (ad nauseum) that he wants to see improvements to the team, and with the Walker crap, and Davis' rise over the last few months, maybe this is the pick that gets Favre to return. Great tight end with speed can stretch the field and cause problems in the secondary.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Yeah, it should probably come down to Hawk and Huff, since the Saint likely will draft Williams. I don't think Hawk is a playmaker. I think he's overrated. Huff is the complete player: tackle like a LB, cover like a CB. Plus he runs a 4.3 40. The 49ers who drafts right after the Pack are thought to be high on Huff, so trading down would mean bypassing the safety (unless both teams switch picks and 49ers agree to take Hawk). I think the trio of Huff and Collins, although less experienced, would be better than the Eagles Dawkins and Lewis.

Pack already have Bubba Franks at TE. I don't think Favre have any problem with Franks. Hack, Chumura wasnt any faster. Donald Lee, if he becomes more consistent, is a solid speed TE. I dont see the need to draft Davis.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I think Hawk is as good of a bet to be a star in the NFL as Huff, and he plays a more important position at a spot that we are weak. I'd rather have Collins and Manuel with Hawk in the starting lineup then Collins, Huff, and somebody like Robert Thomas.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I think Hawk is as good of a bet to be a star in the NFL as Huff, and he plays a more important position at a spot that we are weak. I'd rather have Collins and Manuel with Hawk in the starting lineup then Collins, Huff, and somebody like Robert Thomas.

Yet Hawk would not be an every down player if he is drafted by the Pack. Barnett would play on 3rd down. Huff is an every down player. I think having Collins, Huff at S is more benefical than having Barnett, Hawk and Thomas at LBs.

Besides, Carpenter probably will still be around when Pack draft in the 2nd rd . There isnt much difference between Carpenter and Hawk.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2006, 09:10 AM
I think they might keep Barnett in on the dime package, but only until Hawk learns the packages. He is by far the better player in coverage, and that is one of Hawk's strong points.

He is also a overall smarter football player than Barnett will ever be. Nothing against Barnett, but Hawk is damn near a professor when it comes to football.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Well one thing that gives Huff an advantage over Hawk is that Huff can cover like a CB and Hawk cannot. That is the deciding factor, and thats why Pack should draft Huff. :wink:

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Nobody is asking Hawk to cover like a corner. Guess what, Huff can't play like a linebacker, he can't hit like Hawk, he can't come off blocks like Hawk, and he can't read an offense like Huff.

Before the combine Huff was between a 15 and 20 selection, maybe a 25, but he runs a 4.34 forty and all of sudden he can cover like a corner. Before the combine that was one of the knocks against him, was his man to man coverage skills.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Nut roll, have you ever seen Huff play? There are some safeties in the NFL, like Sean Taylar, Sharper, Roy Williams and Dawkins, who can hit harder than most LBs. Huff belongs in that class. And according to scouting reports, Huff is a very smart player. In sum, Huff can play LB if asked; hes an all around player; Hawk cannot play any other position other than LB. Huff is the better player. Hawk does not belong in the class of Urlacher and Ray Lewis. Hes more like Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, Dat Nguyen and Nail Diggs.

Huff would give the Packers more. Hell he could return kicks like Sharper did during his rookie season if asked.

Bossman641
04-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Hes more like Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, Dat Nguyen and Nail Diggs.

Thomas, Morgan, Nguyen, and Diggs? Quite a dropoff in talent there. That must be one fucking huge class.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Hes more like Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, Dat Nguyen and Nail Diggs.

Thomas, Morgan, Nguyen, and Diggs? Quite a dropoff in talent there. That must be one fucking huge class.

If you look closely, they all are similar players. Part of the reason Thomas is a Pro Bowler is because the NFL wanted a feel good story. A story of an underachiever who comes out of nowhere and take the league by storm. The NFL wanted Rudy.

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Thomas is a stud. Morgan is a stud the few times he's healthy. Nguyen was good in the system he was in. Diggs was decent for awhile, but nothing special.