PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

Brando19
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I guarantee we could trade for and get this guy with our 1st round pick. He wants to play and I truly believe he's better than A-Rod. I'm still hoping...with all that's in me...that Favre announces he's coming out of retirement in the coming weeks and is going to continue playing for the Packers, but if not...I would love to get Brady. I believe Rodgers is good, but he's injury prone.

BallHawk
03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I feel that we owe it to A-Rod to see what he can do. He's waited his turn, no complaining of any sort. Until I see evidence that he cannot be a capable QB in this league, I think trading for another young gun would be foolish.

Bring in a vet or another arm to have some competition for Aaron? Sure.

Draft a QB on the 2nd day for some competition. Why not?

Make a trade for a QB? No way.

ND72
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I am a homer and LOVE Brady Quinn...but, if Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy felt ARod was not the next step, we could have used last years pick on Brady Quinn.

Badgerinmaine
03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
BallHawk is on the money on all three points. Plus, I don't see the Browns getting rid of Quinn because I think he'll be starting in 2009.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Give ARod a shot. He could be good. Find a backup though.

]{ilr]3
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
This is a complex system that takes awhile to become proficient in. A-rod has learned it and he is ready to take control.

As much as I am going to miss Favre, I am looking foward to A-Rod being our QB.

The only think I think anyone should have any doubts over is his durability. That is something we have been spoiled on with Favre and A-Rod probably isnt any worse that the Average QB in the league.

FavreChild
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Um, don't crucify me for saying so, but I think I'd rather have Grossman than Quinn. Where's the barf emoticon??

gbpackfan
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Brady Quinn? You have got to be kidding me. Aaron Rodgers is better now and probably will be better in the future. A-Rod proved against Dallas that he can play. If he can stay healthy, he'll be a good one. I hated Quinn at ND and I hate him now. He sucks. NEXT!

ND72
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I hated Quinn at ND and I hate him now. He sucks. NEXT!

Why? Cause he was the only proven talent on a taletless team that carried ND to a 20-4 record his final 2 seasons there?

Not trying to be the homer or anything, and I love my fighting Irish, but they weren't good when Quinn was there, and yet he made them good, and don't say they have an easy schedule, cause you obviously would prove no sense of their schedule. Quinn will be the Browns starter this year, and will be in the long run a lot better than many people think.

BF4MVP
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
No.

This is Rodgers' time..Let him have his chance.

FavreChild
03-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry, ND - you are totally being a homer. Quinn had to be the biggest primadonna ever. For God's sake (pun intended), the Brownies don't even want him to start.

Oh HELL no. I don't care if A-Rod breaks his leg the first day of mini-camp, knock on wood. HELL NO.

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
rodgers showed a lot in the dallas game.

ND72
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry, ND - you are totally being a homer. Quinn had to be the biggest primadonna ever. For God's sake (pun intended), the Brownies don't even want him to start.

Oh HELL no. I don't care if A-Rod breaks his leg the first day of mini-camp, knock on wood. HELL NO.

I don't care if he's a primadonna...did you watch him play at ND? Heck even my college roommate who is a HUGE Notre Dame hater said Brady Quinn was the only reason they won 10 games a year.

Mark my word, save this link, Brady Quinn will be the Browns starter next season.

ND72
03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
And by the way, donno if any of you paid attention, I did say it would be a dumb idea to trade for Quinn...

Rastak

I don't care if he's a primadonna...did you watch him play at ND? Heck even my college roommate who is a HUGE Notre Dame hater said Brady Quinn was the only reason they won 10 games a year.

Mark my word, save this link, Brady Quinn will be the Browns starter next season.

I highly doubt he'll even be given the chance. Did you see the cash they gave Anderson? He's 2 years out, maybe 1 at the earliest.

Brando19

True..but do you think the Dallas Cowboys took one second to study and prepare for Rodgers? I don't. I believe they were as shocked as we were when Favre left that game and they had no idea what to look for with Rodgers. That said...I hope he plays that well all the time!

FavreChild
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Who cares if he is the Brownies starter, even if you are saying they paid Derek Anderson tons of money for no reason??

Again, I apologize only out of respect to you as a Packer fan, ND, but I don't care if Brady Quinn turns out to be the next Tom Brady. I cannot stand him. As I said, I would honestly rather have Wrex Grossman.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about such a choice. 8-)

Why am I even posting on this thread??

oregonpackfan
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM

You are damn right he did! He came off the bench and led the team consistently down the field to score 17 points.

On at least 3 times Rodgers pulled the ball in when his receivers were covered and scrambled for a first down--something Favre was no longer capable of doing.

Rodgers may experience a few bumps during the first half of the season but he should pull it together during the second half.

NewsBruin
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
You realize that if Phil Savage does not get at least what Cleveland paid for Quinn (a first- and second-round pick), the Dawg Pound will immediately put his head on a pike?

I don't think Quinn is worth that to us. Certainly not one pick more, either.

Lurker64
03-04-2008, 11:46 PM
If we could easily go out and get Quinn, don't you think one of the teams that have a less promising starter than Aaron Rodgers would go out and pay what it takes to get Quinn?

MadtownPacker
03-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Hell no! You want to have picture of your starting QB acting like a maricon posted all the time??