PDA

View Full Version : Retirement announcement

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I've decided that I will no longer post here at PackerRats. I know I'm still capable of posting at a high level, but the mental strain of scanning so many tedious comments has simply worn me down.

Part of my decision is due to frustration that Madtown has failed to attract enough high quality posters to keep this forum lively. But I don't want to leave on a bitter note, I'd prefer to emphasize my great appreciation for the dozen or so excellent posts that I enjoyed over the years.

I knew this would happen. :cry: "Goodbye is too good of word, babe, so I guess I'll just say fare ye well."

Rastak
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Umm, are you Favre by chance?

Freak Out
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
What are you doing browsing the forums? I thought you had retired?

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I kinda miss the place.

MadtownPacker
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
On this one you guys dont have to speculate like with TT.

Yes I ran Harlan out of town.

MJZiggy
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
On this one you guys dont have to speculate like with TT.

Yes I ran Harlan out of town.

Apparently not far enough...

Joemailman
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I've decided that I will no longer post here at PackerRats. I know I'm still capable of posting at a high level, but the mental strain of scanning so many tedious comments has simply worn me down.

Part of my decision is due to frustration that Madtown has failed to attract enough high quality posters to keep this forum lively. But I don't want to leave on a bitter note, I'd prefer to emphasize my great appreciation for the dozen or so excellent posts that I enjoyed over the years.

I knew this would happen. :cry: "Goodbye is too good of word, babe, so I guess I'll just say fare ye well."

Fortunately Mad had the foresight to draft Scott Campbell a couple of years ago in anticipation of this day. There are some who think Mad may be bring in a veteran freeagent like Anti-Polar Bear in case Scott Campbell proves not to be up to the task of replacing you.

oregonpackfan
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Harlan,

Show up at the PR office and file your retirement papers.

Madtown has already lined up a highly literate poster to replace you. He uses the username "Bearman."

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out! :)

Bretsky
03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Harlan,

Show up at the PR office and file your retirement papers.

Madtown has already lined up a highly literate poster to replace you. He uses the username "Bearman."

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out! :)

I thought he had Tank lined up as the replacement :lol: :lol: j/k

MadtownPacker
03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Hahaha!! Good one OPF.

Harlan Huckleby
03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. :?

to be fair, the absence part hasn't kicked-in yet.

Scott Campbell
03-05-2008, 06:15 AM

Everybody loves a free upgrade!

the_idle_threat
03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. :?

to be fair, the absence part hasn't kicked-in yet.

Welcome back, bluedog!

You have obviously returned not as a player, but in a commentator role. Good to have you in the booth.