Partial
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Well... will he?

packers11
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I hope...

Brohm
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I hope he would. But really we weer 13-3 last year, almost getting to the SB losing in OT to the eventual champs. If he is willing to walk away after coming so close, I think that is a something you really need to be set with. With Rodgers in place, Farve could have taken more time with no real impact.

The Leaper
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty certain he won't play again...and I'm 100% positive he won't play for someone else.

However, August and September are going to be 60 days of hell in the Favre household this year. No amount of tractor time can prepare him for the void he is about to feel...not playing the game that he has LIVED for his entire life.

As such, I'm not ruling out his return entirely.

Joemailman
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
He will get to a point sometime this summer where he will start to question his decision to retire. However, I think he knows he can't make a last minute decision to come back, because he needs a longer term training program to be physically ready to play. He won't be back unless he changes his mind in the next month or so.

Partial
03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
He will get to a point sometime this summer where he will start to question his decision to retire. However, I think he knows he can't make a last minute decision to come back, because he needs a longer term training program to be physically ready to play. He won't be back unless he changes his mind in the next month or so.

I don't agree with that. A football player like Favre who is a country boy out working in the yard isn't going to get out of shape that quick. Sure, he won't be in game shape or even TC shape, but they could bring him along slowly in TC and by the start of the season he'd be fine.

SkinBasket
03-05-2008, 07:18 AM

I don't agree with that. A football player like Favre who is a country boy out working in the yard isn't going to get out of shape that quick. Sure, he won't be in game shape or even TC shape, but they could bring him along slowly in TC and by the start of the season he'd be fine.

You should listen to him Joe. Staying in shape and understanding the bodies of 40 year old men are two things Partial considers himself an expert of.

Partial
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM

You should listen to him Joe. Staying in shape and understanding the bodies of 40 year old men are two things Partial considers himself an expert of.

You really think a 38 year old with 8% body fat and 220 pounds of total composition is going to suddenly get fat and out of shape? It'll take a while to get his wind under him, but if Michael Strahan and many others can do it, I see no reason Favre can't when his lifestyle leads him to getting a lot of exercise as is.

That's not being a no-it-all, thats being logical :lol:

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I would tend to agree with Partial. Favre is like Nolan Ryan...the guy is a physical freak of nature. While his conditioning would need to be worked on, I don't think Favre would lose that much by not going through the physical prep.

If he's out caring for 400 acres...chopping down trees, clearing brush, etc...he'll be keeping himself in pretty good shape physically. I doubt he's going to give up workouts entirely as well...they just won't be nearly as intense now.

If Favre wanted to come back in August, he could IMO.

Freak Out
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
He's not coming back people.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
One can hope, but he won't........

Time to look :arrow:

SkinBasket
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I looked where your arrow pointed and found a blanket.

BF4MVP
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't think so.

LL2
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
He will not come back, but he will have many moments where he will want to or wish he was playing. On M&M in the morning today former QB Simms said it took him around 3 years to get to the point of moving on and give up thoughts of coming back. Favre will most likely do the same.

oregonpackfan
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
For those of us who have crossed the threshold of 40, we realize that no matter how much our minds want our bodies to succeed and no matter what grueling training program we use, your body is not going to respond like it did when it was 25.

We have to also remember that Favre reported it was the mental part that led to his retirement, not the physical. The continual expectations, the constant studying, the constant dealing with media demands on his time were all factors that took its toll.

The average NFL career is something like 3-4 years. Favre had 17 years. He had a great ride.

I would be very surprised if he came back.

MJZiggy
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Me too. And, yes, Partial, once you reach a "certain age"--and Favre has, the body gets out of shape very quickly and it's REALLY hard to get it back if you're not really working at it.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Time to look :arrow:

why are we looking right?