PDA

View Full Version : TMJ4 in Milwaukee saying it may be Culpepper or Gray..

DannoMac21
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Jesse Garcia, reporter on TMJ4 in Milwaukee, just said we may be signing either Quinn Gray or Daunte Culpepper in the next few days.

falco
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Jesse Garcia, reporter on TMJ4 in Milwaukee, just said we may be signing either Quinn Gray or Daunte Culpepper in the next few days.

thats good news ... i think gray could potentially be a starter here, if necessary.

Bossman641
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Please no Culpepper. I couldn't stand to have him here with that stupidass get your roll on dance.

Pacopete4
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
culpepper? are u fing kidding me... exactly why i never wanted to see favre leave cuz we get that joke of a qb to come to gb... what a fing joke, im so mad

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll take either guy. There ain't much out there. I'd take either guy over David Carr, Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall and the other stiffs available. Let's just hope the backup doesn't have to play.

Pacopete4
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
i cant take this talk of culpepper... i just cant, its like today was my worst nightmare and its never going to end.. whats wrong with nall, he does great coming into games and he knows our system

Freak Out
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I think Gray is the better option.

NewsBruin
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Ah, geez. Culpepper was washed-up when he played for the Vikings.

Which was kinda THREE TEAMS AGO!

Please no Daunte. Think of the kittens.

Jimx29
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
just say no to fumblina

MTPackerfan
03-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Please no Culpepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Bring on the roll.
:D

I think I'm the only one that wouldn't mind him. He still looked like he could play a bit when I saw him in the Minnesota game last year. We're talking about him as a backup. If it was for a starting position, I'd say no.

MadtownPacker
03-05-2008, 02:14 AM
What the hell good are these clowns? Just sign Nall, keep a rookie and see what Rodgers gots.

Lurker64
03-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Am I the only person who had never heard of Quinn Gray before this game? Still, he sounds better than Culpepper, and probably better than Nall.

twoseven
03-05-2008, 05:36 AM
The Viking fans are already acting like they won the lottery. Signing Culppeper would be the cherry on top of their Favre sundae.

3irty1
03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
I'd rather have Carr

swede
03-05-2008, 07:40 AM
All right. I feel dumb.

Who the hell is Quinn Gray?

Is he being played by George Plimpton?

packrat
03-05-2008, 07:55 AM
So, I had to look up Quinn Gray and he looks like the kind of guy TT finds--like Grant. He has been buried on the Jags roster, but is a big guy who apparently hasn't had a lot of opportunity to show his stuff. http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=Nfl&id=1475 A young guy with potential rather than a retread on the down side.

Green Bud Packer
03-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think Culpepper fits the Packs system. Never liked his chuck it and f..k it style of play.

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Gray played decently in 2007 when he had the opportunity to start some games. He is athletic, but I wouldn't call him a west coast prototype QB.

Harlan Huckleby
03-05-2008, 08:41 AM
What the hell good are these clowns? Just sign Nall, keep a rookie and see what Rodgers gots.

I agree. Culpepper is no better than Nall.

But I don't mind them bringing-in any player that they are prepared to cut in September.

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 09:20 AM
poop twice

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Let's be honest people...

The choices for experienced backups are just poop from different animals. It all stinks, even if the smell is slightly different.

Like it or not, our hopes for 2008 will be almost exclusively on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers. There won't be a capable safety net in case of emergency.

However, if I had to pick...I'd grab Losman and hope McCarthy's fundamental emphasis can turn him into a more consistent QB.

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Let's be honest people...

The choices for experienced backups are just poop from different animals. It all stinks, even if the smell is slightly different.

Like it or not, our hopes for 2008 will be almost exclusively on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers. There won't be a capable safety net in case of emergency.

However, if I had to pick...I'd grab Losman and hope McCarthy's fundamental emphasis can turn him into a more consistent QB.

Very rarely does a player like Todd Collins step up as a back up QB and lead his team into the playoffs. 90% of the time if a teams starting QB goes down the team's offense goes down as well. That is why I would rather have a talented rookie backup or 2nd or 3rd year player with talent, rather than a "Sean Salsibury" as by back up. I know what I am going to get from a journeyman QB and thats Jack Shit. I want another talented but crazy hillbilly from Southern Miss that drove Gerry Glanville up a wall as my back up.

Lurker64
03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Very rarely does a player like Todd Collins step up as a back up QB and lead his team into the playoffs. 90% of the time if a teams starting QB goes down the team's offense goes down as well. That is why I would rather have a talented rookie backup or 2nd or 3rd year player with talent, rather than a "Sean Salsibury" as by back up. I know what I am going to get from a journeyman QB and thats Jack Shit. I want another talented but crazy hillbilly from Southern Miss that drove Gerry Glanville up a wall as my back up.

I honestly think that going forward, we ought to keep three QBs on the roster. Rodgers, one veteran backup, and one talented rookie that's being groomed. I don't think that without Favre, and with Rodgers being a somewhat unknown quantity, we can really go forward with two QBs on the roster.

I wonder if any of the QBs that Thompson had running back and forth through the practice squad last year are any good.

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM

I agree with your assessment in terms of if your QB goes down for an extended period of time...no point dragging a Vinny Testaverde out if your big gun is on the shelf long term. Stick a young kid in there and see what they've got.

My concern is if Rodgers gets dinged up for a game or two during the course of the season. I'd rather have an experienced veteran rather than a bright eyed rookie at my #2...even if he isn't good enough to lead a team to success in a full-time role.

That is precisely why Favre's backups during much of his career were all guys who could fill in for a game or two and not cost the Packers the season...Pederson, McMahon, even Brunell and Hasselbeck after they got a few years under their belt.

That is why you get both the veteran and the talented kid...so you have both available just in case

lod01
03-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I think Gray is the better option.

All day long. Gray is a very good QB. He will throw some picks but that is becasue of his lack of experience. When in there after Garrard/Leftwich both went down, in late 2006 I beleive, Gray lit it up through the air like Garrard could only dream of. I watched the games as I had Reggie Williams on my fantasy team.

Gray can move the ball down the field.

Cheesehead Craig
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I'd rather have Carr. I wondered how good he could have been with an OL and some weapons to throw to. That guy had diddly squat to work with.

NewsBruin
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I dunno. Most Texans fans (on the Baylor sites) think Carr is too shell-shocked to be a starter again. Besides, if you want to see what he looks like behind a complete, quality line...you might not find it here yet.

I like Gray. The Jags' QBs seem to develop well under del Rio.

As an NFL footnote, Quinn Gray was part of, I believe, the only all-black QB roster on an NFL team. He, Leftwich, and Garrard were the Jags' QB's, with Arkansas' Matt Jones moved to wide receiver. Doesn't mean anything than a cool little stat.

Freak Out
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Gray is a good QB and proven it on the field. But I think he wants more money than TT is willing to spend on a backup...and of course we have Trent "I like eggs" Green.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
I dunno. Most Texans fans (on the Baylor sites) think Carr is too shell-shocked to be a starter again. Besides, if you want to see what he looks like behind a complete, quality line...you might not find it here yet.

I like Gray. The Jags' QBs seem to develop well under del Rio.

As an NFL footnote, Quinn Gray was part of, I believe, the only all-black QB roster on an NFL team. He, Leftwich, and Garrard were the Jags' QB's, with Arkansas' Matt Jones moved to wide receiver. Doesn't mean anything than a cool little stat.

I'd like to leave our black QB legacy alone. I have fond memories of Henry Burris and I don't want them tarnished by some scrub like Quinn Gray.

BTW, how'd a black guy get a name like Quinn. I want a real brotha...Jamarcus, Duante, Andre, etc.

Lurker64
03-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Rotoworld is reporting that we've made "Preliminary contact" with Mark Brunell regarding the backup job, and they also speculate that "Tim Rattay, Quinn Gray, Trent Green, Gus Frerotte, Joey Harrington, and Kelly Holcomb are other options."

I'm not seeing this "Trent Green" thing confirmed anywhere.