PDA

View Full Version : You thought Favre said to much when he said he wanted Moss?

PackerBlues
03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ALBERT IS GETTING UPSET

Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is the team's franchise player, compelled to play either for the Titans or no one in 2008.

Presuming that the Titans won't be trading him and that Haynesworth realizes that that whole face-shredding incident might not get him in line for a "real" job, the veteran lineman will most likely be staying put.

And he's mad about the team's lack of activity in free agency.

"It's like a repeat of last year,'' Haynesworth told the Tennesseean on Tuesday. "We need more weapons for Vince [Young]. Now we need more defensive linemen. We are not doing anything. We are really just making ourselves worse the way I look at it. . . . It doesn't look like we're trying to get better.''

The Titans have lost defensive end Antwan Odom, guard Jacob Bell, defensive end Travis LaBoy, defensive tackle Randy Starks, and tight end Ben Hartsock. They re-signed receiver Justin Gage and added tight end Alge Crumpler.

"Alge is a great addition, but we have all this money and we've already let some of the best receivers out there go to other places," Haynesworth said. "I don't know what we are doing, I really don't. Saving this money doesn't add over to next year.

"We have the potential to be good and we are letting so many key components go. I just don't want to go back to another 8-8 year or worse. I want to go deep into the playoffs and compete for a Super Bowl.''

Amen, Albert. The Titans started free agency with nearly $30 million in cap room, and they've used not very much of it. They'll have even more if/when they re-sign Haynesworth to a long-term deal.

"I have faith that something will work out here," Haynesworth said. "I just wish we would bring in more people, some big-name guys like Alge.''

One guy they should have targeted with all that cap room is receiver Randy Moss. With Vince Young's arm strength, it could have been 1998-99 all over again, with Young firing Randall Cunningham/Jeff George-style bombs down the field and Moss running under them.

In a division with a great Colts team, a close-to-great Jags franchise, and an up-and-coming Texans squad, standing pat isn't an option for the Titans. They need to be able to score more points and to do that they needed to make a big move.

And they blew their chance at one of the biggest names on the market.

:wow:

SkinBasket
03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Like Moss wanted to play in that shithole.

Sounds like the same kind of moronic griping you hear from several posters here - and they all assume their team is somehow more special than the 31 other teams out there looking to add the same free agents. Everyone's got money to burn, Albert, not just your crappy Titans. More than ever, FAs can simply pick and choose what suits them best and still make an assload of money.

Lurker64
03-05-2008, 02:36 PM
It's a good thing that NFL players are not NFL general managers.

packers11
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
It's a good thing that NFL players are not NFL general managers.

Well i'm not sure... Al Davis pretty much tops it off with his signing of Walker...

KYPack
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
You think we got trouble?

The Titans have all kinds of dough and are letting some good players walk.

If we can maneuver thru the minefield, we'll be in great shape.

We need QB help, but other clubs need a lot shit.