PDA

View Full Version : Favre to broadcast?

Brando19
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

Fox's Jay Glazer, who broke the Favre story online Tuesday morning, says Favre might be attracted to television for the camaraderie of TV NFL crews ? "on the set, it's like a locker room" ? and says he's also a terrific talker. Glazer says Favre was great in production meetings, where players and coaches brief announcers and producers about their game plans, usually the night before games. "It's something you'd pay the two-drink minimum to hear ? hilarious, honest," says Glazer. "Brett Favre: Unplugged would be a great TV special." -- USA Today

Which broadcast company is most likely to land Brett Favre:

- Fox. Says Fox Sports president Ed Goren: "He is a terrific personality and any network would be lucky to have him."

- NBC. Says NBC Sports Chairman Dick Ebersol, in a statement: "One of the great joys in my job in the last couple of years was my first real exposure to Brett. He is not only one of the great athletes of our time but also a truly genuine person with an extremely engaging personality."

- ESPN. Says Mike Soltys of ESPN, which Tuesday turned itself into an on-air Favre talkathon: "Obviously, we're set in our rotation of talent. But when you have somebody of this magnitude, it's something you have to consider."

- CBS. Says CBS' LeslieAnne Wade: "We have no plans for any new analysts." -- USA Today

RashanGary
03-05-2008, 03:49 PM
It would be funny if they cut Aikman for Favre :)

The Leaper
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I would think if Favre ended up anywhere, it would be on the NFL Network. I see him doing a studio thing more so than a broadcast thing.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I would think if Favre ended up anywhere, it would be on the NFL Network. I see him doing a studio thing more so than a broadcast thing.

I could see that. He'd be best at that. I guess he could always replace Bradshaw.

BF4MVP
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM
That would be sweet if it happened..He would be outstanding..I don't see it happening though..

pittstang5
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Mooch and Favre would be awesome!

MJZiggy
03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
You read my mind...

ND72
03-05-2008, 07:38 PM
If Favre ever does, I don't think it'll be for a long time that he would join the broadcast booths...if he does it would be for a NFL Network or ESPN I'd think. He wouldn't wanna travel a lot. Which is why I don't think he'll be doing any of that anytime soon.

Broadcast people put in a lot of time and effort to put together there stuff as well, it's not all done by writers.

Packers4Ever
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
You read my mind...

This could be great !! I can see it now, "The Favre
and Mooch Show" ~ :D Sponsors' sales would
skyrocket, stocks would climb and viewers would
absolutely love them!