PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers is better than Leinart?

Brando19
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

Two executives in personnel for other National Football League teams said the Packers stand a fighting chance with Aaron Rodgers. The NFC personnel man said he'd take Rodgers over other young quarterbacks such as Cleveland's Derek Anderson, San Francisco's Alex Smith, Arizona's Matt Leinart, Minnesota's Tarvaris Jackson, Buffalo's Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman, the New York Jets' Kellen Clemens, Miami's John Beck and Chicago's Rex Grossman. The scout said he'd take Denver's Jay Cutler and Tennessee's Vince Young over Rodgers. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

lod01
03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I'd say yes. Leinart hasn't even figured out that you have to watch film yet.

RashanGary
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Who the hell knows at this point. We'll have an idea after about 16 games. Win or lose, there is a lot of unknown to look forward to this year.

Being a Packer fan, I barely remember the Don M/Anthony Dilwig era. I remember their names from watching football as a little kid, but I don't know much about them at all because I was so young. As long as I've really known, Favre has been everything to the Packers. Every year we hear the Packers are nothing without Favre talk. I'll be very curious to see how much he really means. This is a unique situation. Favre is one of the rare QB's who walked away from a team that was near the top. If Favre was really that special, there should be a huge drop off. It will be fun to find out. This is a good situation where variables are kind of isolated. We know the team is good enough with Brett. He's about the only thing taken away with little added. We'll get a good picture of how valuable he was.

Brohm
03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Straight out of college, I would say Leinert. Right now with MM as coach and 3 years in the WCO watching Farve (do's and don'ts :lol: ), I would say Rodgers by far.

Personally I am looking for him to be similar to Romo when he first became a starter, as far as mobile, knowledgeable and able to run the offense. He's not dating Brittney Spears or something is he :shock: