PDA

View Full Version : Sherman at it again... Luchey gets tryout in Houston

gureski
05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I saw this at footballguys.com and had to share it...

"After practice Thursday, Kubiak and several members of the Texans’ scouting department watched FA Nick Luchey work out with QBs Matt Baker and Quinton Porter. “I think it’s important that we find a veteran FB with a little experience in this league,” Kubiak said. "

Funny how that veteran FB is Luchey. Last week Terrance Murphy auditioned for them. Their center is Flannigan. Brad Bidell is on their roster. THey're looking at McKenzie as their GM. The Sherman connection is alive and well. Good to see him talking up former Packers.

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Murphy is still trying to make a team even with the neck trouble.

The Leaper
05-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Perhaps we can trade Roman to the Texas for something of value.

Guiness
05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
As pointed out many times before, he falls in love with his players.

I'm thinking now that Washington has 2yrs of NFL experience under his belt, he should be worth at least a 2nd rounder. Because they'll likely have a high pick, we'll take a measly third. Has anyone told Sherman he's available?

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 03:08 PM
[
Funny how that veteran FB is Luchey. Last week Terrance Murphy auditioned for them. Their center is Flannigan. Brad Bidell is on their roster. THey're looking at McKenzie as their GM. The Sherman connection is alive and well. Good to see him talking up former Packers.[/quote

i think that maybe Shermy was behind drafting WIlliams, with his draft track record it is a good possibility. Hopefully he will talk them into trading a bunch of picks our way to move up one spot next year

The Leaper
05-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Shermie had to be pissed...you can't trade up from the first pick.

Guiness
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
no, but you can trade the first pick in the second and third round, and we'll give him the 32nd pick from the first round!

*hic* Want some kool-aid?

packrulz
05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I thought MS was a good coach & a lousy GM. I can see why he would want ex Packers, they already know each other & it would speed up the process of installing a new offense, probably pretty cheap. I remember Luchey getting his helmet knocked off on some blocks, pretty good blocker.

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Luchey was fat, but he had some pop blocking.

Tarlam!
05-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Shermie had to be pissed...you can't trade up from the first pick.

Thats BOMNF!!!

Guiness
05-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Luchey was definitely a very able body. He was a great blocker, who could absolutely destroy a linebacker. He packed a load.

However, he didn't take care of himself, and we all know this is a young man's game. A few guys who work their tail off to stay in shape (Hendo and Lorenzo Neale, at FB) can keep the young legs at bay, but Luchey didn't, and won't.

Bretsky
05-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Luchey was definitely a very able body. He was a great blocker, who could absolutely destroy a linebacker. He packed a load.

However, he didn't take care of himself, and we all know this is a young man's game. A few guys who work their tail off to stay in shape (Hendo and Lorenzo Neale, at FB) can keep the young legs at bay, but Luchey didn't, and won't.

I wouldn't label him as a great blocker. I'd label him as inconsistent getting to the right spots to make the block. He could pack a knockout punch and could be great at times, but I'd take Henderson right now over Luchey's best year.

Why they gave Luchey the money while having an above average FB at the time will always be beyond my understanding.

BlueBrewer
05-27-2006, 11:22 AM
I would rather have Berstein than Luchey, Detroit is luckey to have the Hebrew Hammer.

Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Detroit got both Calhoun and Bernstein? Crap.

OS PA
05-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Does Houston need a punter?
Maybe a place-holder?

BJ Sander should be available soon.

Fritz
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree that the possibilities are tremendous. There's Donnell Washington, who is probably available for a sixth round pick plus two hot dog vendors, BJ Sander, whom we can trade after we learn the Canadian Cannon is much better, and maybe get that damn third rounder back (after all, the Pack has "seasoned" the Beej for Houston). And don't forget that James Lee can be had for free over there in NFLE. Perhaps Shermy and Company could pry Kenny Peterson out of the Pack for a second rounder, too.

TT will have thirty-eight draft picks next year.