PDA

View Full Version : FA News

HarveyWallbangers
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Packers had DE/LB Corey Smith and LB Brandon Chiller in for a visit the last couple of days. The agents for QBs Trent Green and Mark Brunell have said the Packers have contacted them. Green seems to be a higher priority--while Brunell seems to be a fallback plan. Green seems most interested in the Rams. He's from that area and played with the Rams earlier in his career. Green Bay also has shown interest in WR Tab Perry, and earlier showed interest in QB Quinn Gray and LB Boss Bailey.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=725074

The Leaper
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Green would be a reasonable choice. He's not worth anything as a full-time starter, but he probably is a good #2 that could fill in for a couple games if need be at a high level.

Brunell is done IMO...I don't know why he would be a consideration.

Chiller, if he hasn't signed with the Cards, is a likely candidate to be signed at this point.

cpk1994
03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Green would be a reasonable choice. He's not worth anything as a full-time starter, but he probably is a good #2 that could fill in for a couple games if need be at a high level.

Brunell is done IMO...I don't know why he would be a consideration.

Chiller, if he hasn't signed with the Cards, is a likely candidate to be signed at this point.Green is more injury prone than Rodgers, If you sign Green you better have a good 3rd option ready.

falco
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
i said it first and i'll say it again, quinn gray gives us another viable starter down the road, and provides "real" competition for Rodgers.

MTPackerfan
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I see Billy Volek on the UFA list, he lead the Chargers final drive over the Colts, would he be worth consideration or too costly. He could certainly step in if Rodgers goes down (by injury or bad play).

Zool
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I believe Volek already resigned with SD.

MTPackerfan
03-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I believe Volek already resigned with SD.

List I saw must have been old. Too bad.