PDA

View Full Version : Giants release Will Petersen

hurleyfan
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
What say ye?

Here is a proven CB with many years of NFL experience coming off an injury.. Worth taking a look-see?

RashanGary
05-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Who do you cut? Carroll? Hawkins? Blackmon?

That would be a silly decision IMHO. We already have 2 ageing ready to play CB's IMO. I think it's time to focus on developing their replacements.

hurleyfan
05-26-2006, 06:12 PM
I think if the Packers can get him in for a work out, he's worth the shot!

Don't know if he is worth cutting one of the young guys, but with his experience,I feel he's worth a shot if he can get in to camp..

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Man this would be tough call. Peterson is good but what is his age? He aint that old right?

hurleyfan
05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I think Petersen in young, maybe 5 years w/Giants? Trouble is, he's had lots of injuries, specifically his back.
A bad back generally is not a good thing for an athelete, but depending on the injur, may be "fix-able"..

Invite to training camp? What's to lose but the offer?

HarveyWallbangers
05-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Ton of injuries, and I don't think he's even close to the player he was. At his best, he was above average, but not great. I say stay away.

gbpackfan
05-26-2006, 08:19 PM
I read that he was SERIOUSLY thinking about retirement earlier this offseason. His back is really fucked up! Pass.

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 09:08 PM
If say give him tryouts at WR, RB and Guard. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The trainer has shots to deal with that back pain.

MJZiggy
05-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Who's desperate?

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Who's desperate?

packer offense is in precarious shape. for Mad, that means they might suck.

MJZiggy
05-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them desperate. We're pretty deep at WR, I see no reason to bring in corners with bad backs to try out for that position, I'd certainly hope we don't have someone injury prone running the ball right now, the last thing we need is ANOTHER body in that position with injury concerns. Maybe guard but what good does it do to put a corner in at guard to have vet experience? He's a vet at corner. Might as well be a rookie at guard and a guard with a bad back doesn't help you a hell of a lot.

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I was just being ridiculous about trying Peterson on offense.

WR ain't solid. We got Driver, a rookie who may be good in a couple years, and a bunch of guys who look like Derrick Mayes.

Offensive line - very scary. Looks like rebuilding year, although could be some talent. Depth is big problem, although I suppose not unusual in NFL.

RB - Should be OK, but I don't count on Green until midseason. An injury to Gado, and we're shaky.

Ummm, I'm very skeptical about the offense. If everything works for the best, they will be OK, but no real weapons that the defenses have to worry about. That is the best case. The offensive line will be OK, at best. It's a rebuilding year.