03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Fake.

Freak Out
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
WTF was that all about?

justanotherpackfan
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnJCDmakmIg&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

This story has generated a good deal of publicity. There are over one million views of it so far in only three days.

Freak Out
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Fake.

Not. But whats the point? There are sick people in the Military (I know I was one) and sick people out of it (me again) :lol:

justanotherpackfan
03-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Fake.
David Mortari already admitted it is real.

The video has also been featured on CNN.

SkinBasket
03-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Strange things happen when you condition men who sometimes already have issues to disregard life in a way so they won't hesitate to kill another man or put themselves in harm's way. It's unfortunate, but not surprising. And as Freak Out said, there's fucked up people everywhere. The military is no exception.

Scott Campbell
03-08-2008, 08:01 AM
It looks like that soldier is going to have a tough time after the war. Same with the guy with the camera.

I just hope kids at home don't start copying them.

Harlan Huckleby
03-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Just watched the video of the Russian prisoners being beaten that also made the news.

Throwing a puppy over a cliff is disgusting because people love puppies. The dog didn't suffer badly, it went into a state of confusion then splat. Its people watching the video who are suffering.

Scott Campbell
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Just watched the video of the Russian prisoners being beaten that also made the news.

Throwing a puppy over a cliff is disgusting because people love puppies.

Killing for amusement is disgusting, whether people love puppies or not.

Harlan Huckleby
03-08-2008, 10:52 AM

What is hunting if not killing for amusement? Its upsetting because it is a puppy. A puppy was chosen rather than a squirrel because it has shock value. (Plus I expect desert squirrels are hard to find and catch.)

Joemailman
03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Why is a thread about one soldier throwing a puppy off a cliff titled U.S. Troops? I'd say that's painting with way too broad a brush.

Freak Out
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM

What is hunting if not killing for amusement? Its upsetting because it is a puppy. A puppy was chosen rather than a squirrel because it has shock value. (Plus I expect desert squirrels are hard to find and catch.)

Many people here still hunt for subsistence.

Harlan Huckleby
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Of course I don't equate hunting to throwing puppies off a cliff. Just trying to make the point that it is not the recreational killing that bothers us, its the fact that it is a puppy, which we are used to adoring.

I have to say that the video of the Russian prison has upset me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svqE3fSmZaA
Its not EXTREMELY violent, like torture or MMA (only kidding), but the cruelty, and especially the relish with which the bullies go at it, disturbs me far, far more than a flying puppy, as unpleasant as that was.

Iron Mike
03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Why is a thread about one soldier throwing a puppy off a cliff titled U.S. Troops? I'd say that's painting with way too broad a brush.

That's not a soldier, BTW......that's a Marine. They don't call 'em Jarheads for nothin'. :P

GBRulz
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM

I agree and I'm totally glad that I read the posts before clicking on that link. I've seen this story on several news sites, but never had any intention on watching the video.

Actually, I expected it to be a US Troop fitness routine or something, considering who posted it :lol: