PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci's new mock draft

packrulz
03-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Here's Vic's new mock draft: http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=817BBEF36FA9F8462D58422277039B07? id=09000d5d807016db&template=with-video&confirm=true

He has TT taking TE Fred Davis, I don't think he's the BPA, not when S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor, CB's Patrick Lee & Antoine Cason are still on the board. If he wants to take a TE, I like John Carlson better.

ND72
03-08-2008, 06:59 AM
I would tend to agree...of course I no longer pretend to know who he's taking. 2006, I was on in rounds 1 & kind of 2, I had said Hawk & Colledge...But last year was a huge kick in the pants. I personally think there are 3-4 TE's that fit what we do a lot better than Davis does, but that's my opinion. I still think Thompson will #1, either take that best player on his board, or #2 stay with who he is and keep working on his defense and find those gems on offense later on. I can really see us going defense round 1, and offense with both #2's.

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I think Gholston from O St will be one of the best players in this draft and I don't see him sliding past the Pats. I don';t like the Miller pick for the Pack either. We can pick a TE with one of our 2nd rounders.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I would actually love picking Fred Davis. I have a feeling he's going to be pretty good.

Give Rodgers more weapons and let’s see what he can do! We can pick a CB in round two because it's the deepest position it the draft.

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Seems to me that a lot of the USC players in the NFL are closer to being disappointments rather than game changers.

falco
03-08-2008, 09:45 AM
i think TT has to hit on this draft - he's going to have 4, maybe 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, but also remember we're picking at the bottom of the rounds. If we are going to have success post Favre, we're going to need to pull at least 2 solid, if not pro bowl type players out of those picks.

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 09:47 AM
2 pro bowlers needed??? Why, you have no idea how good ARod is and how mgood the D will be next season or the running game. TT just neeeds to keep building us as he has been and we'll be fine.

falco
03-08-2008, 09:49 AM
2 pro bowlers needed??? Why, you have no idea how good ARod is and how mgood the D will be next season or the running game. TT just neeeds to keep building us as he has been and we'll be fine.

we may very well be quite good - but for a team to succeed, especially one that doesn't dabble in free agency, they've got to hit in the draft. I don't think asking for 2 solid contributors out of 5 traditional first day picks is too much.

pack4to84
03-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Seems to me that a lot of the USC players in the NFL are closer to being disappointments rather than game changers.After the last few years I would have to agree with you. Nothing but bust coming out of USC. When a team has pro-bowlers through out a roster. They look better then advertised.

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
2 solid contributers is different than pro bowl type players. I agree on 2 solid players but they may not contribute for another year or tw.o.

falco
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
interesting that this draft has McKelvin falling to the Cowboys at #22.

packrulz
03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
There's always a run on DE's, but I'd be thrilled if Phillip Merling out of Clemson slipped to 30. Calais Campbell might slip to 30 too, I wouldn't mind QB Joe Flacco out of Delaware in the 2nd round.

Fritz
03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
"The Packers have traded the 30th pick of the first round to the (any team picking in the top 20 of the round), in exchange for their second and third round picks."

A roar of excitement and some petulant boos from Packer fans. Eyes roll - there he goes again, trading down. And he only needs one or two impact guys to get to the Super Bowl.

TT ends up with nine picks or so. Nobody's ever heard of half of them.

oregonpackfan
03-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I would actually love picking Fred Davis. I have a feeling he's going to be pretty good.

Give Rodgers more weapons and let’s see what he can do! We can pick a CB in round two because it's the deepest position it the draft.

The primary function of a tight end is to BLOCK, not catch passes. Using that criteria, Davis comes up short as a tight end.

A couple of weeks ago, Sean Salisbury of ESPN showed clips of Davis' erratic blocking ability. One clip showed Davis feebly missing a block in pass protection. Davis' man went on to make the sack of USC's quarterback.

On another clip, it showed Davis trying to make a block on a running play against a DE. The defender tossed Davis to the side like a rag doll and made the tackle on the runner for a loss.

Yes, football fans love seeing the excitement of a TE making a big catch and run after the catch. What counts more often, however, is the TE making critical blocks the fans don't see.

mission
03-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I think Gholston from O St will be one of the best players in this draft and .

he might be an athletic freak but did he even play in o states last game ............. ???? :lol: