PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers on Madden 09

Brando19
03-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh gosh! For the first time in game history...I'll be playing with a different QB for the Packers! I wonder if Rodgers will be a big weapon on the game come release time?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I know, it's going to suck. :(

red
03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
i doubt it

the madden guys haven't ever looked too highly on rodgers

he's always in the 70's, and if you play franchise, he hardly ever goes up. even when he's the starter

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
You'll now have a QB that will be able to run, :lol: need to look at the bright side.

pack4to84
03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
As long as he is not on the cover. We can't afford him being on the cover. The history of the curse of madden cover.

falco
03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
they'll have to bump him up a bit this year i think, based on his play in the preseason and at dallas. I'd guess he'll be a 83-85.

the low numbers were based on poorly he had looked in game play prior years. I think his rookie year he was an 81 or so, and dropped each year thereafter.

b bulldog
03-08-2008, 09:45 AM
The cover boy will be ??? AP would be a good pick imo :twisted:

pack4to84
03-08-2008, 09:53 AM
The cover boy will be ??? AP would be a good pick imo :twisted:There you go. I could handle another season with a injured RB from our divison.

Brando19
03-08-2008, 09:59 AM
You'll now have a QB that will be able to run, :lol: need to look at the bright side.

Very true...but no cannon icon underneath him :cry:

Cheesehead Craig
03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
The cover boy will be ??? AP would be a good pick imo :twisted:There you go. I could handle another season with a injured RB from our divison.
They may put Favre on there, at least his career is already done.

Brando19
03-08-2008, 11:05 AM

That would be the ultimate thing to do. Has he ever been on the cover (mid/early 90's)?

denverYooper
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM

That'd be cool.

falco
03-08-2008, 11:17 AM
favre pretty much had his own game on the N64 (quarterback club football I think)

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
favre pretty much had his own game on the N64 (quarterback club football I think)

:D I remember that game.

DannoMac21
03-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Every Madden for the past 3 years, while playing Franchise, Favre has always retired after the first season. Rodgers has always become a stud for me, coincidentally.

falco
03-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Every Madden for the past 3 years, while playing Franchise, Favre has always retired after the first season. Rodgers has always become a stud for me, coincidentally.

not true - on the xbox360 version of 08 he'll usually play another year - I actually saw him as a FA picked up by lions 2 years in once.

EDIT - you're right about all the past years though

cpk1994
03-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Every Madden for the past 3 years, while playing Franchise, Favre has always retired after the first season. Rodgers has always become a stud for me, coincidentally.Same here.

Bretsky
03-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Well here's to hopin that Madden games are the judge of football results then

BF4MVP
03-08-2008, 12:42 PM
i doubt it

the madden guys haven't ever looked too highly on rodgers

he's always in the 70's, and if you play franchise, he hardly ever goes up. even when he's the starter
That's been my experience too..It pissed me off when I tried to play franchise mode..

Brando19
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I just won the Super Bowl with Green Bay on Madden 08 for PS3 and Favre came back. I wish that was true. I'm ready for Rodgers...I won't have the cannon to throw with, or the satisfaction of #4 under center...but I'll be able to scramble.

Brando19
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe we should start a petition and write to the makers of Madden so Favre can be on this year's cover.

red
03-08-2008, 06:33 PM
i thought about favre on the cover too, it would be very cool

but my only question would be, would they put a player on the cover that you can't play with in the game?

Little Whiskey
03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I've been thinking about going and picking up Madden 08 since this will be the last year he is in the game. I'm thinking about getting the PC version, because i heard you can update your roster and player ratings online. is that true? the other problem i have is I'm not sure if my computer meets the requirments. is there a screen that i can pull up to see my computer's capabilties? the game calls for a directx compatible video card.....how do i know?

maybe i should just get the PS2 version.

Brando19
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been thinking about going and picking up Madden 08 since this will be the last year he is in the game. I'm thinking about getting the PC version, because i heard you can update your roster and player ratings online. is that true? the other problem i have is I'm not sure if my computer meets the requirments. is there a screen that i can pull up to see my computer's capabilties? the game calls for a directx compatible video card.....how do i know?

maybe i should just get the PS2 version.

I have the PS3 Version and you can update the roster online (originally i had Robert Ferguson on the team and Jackson as my running back, but now Koren's on the game and so is Grant.) I think you may be able to do that with PS2 as well.

Little Whiskey
03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
thanks brando. how would i get it from my computer to my PS2? or are you just saying to go in and edit each player?

Brando19
03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
thanks brando. how would i get it from my computer to my PS2? or are you just saying to go in and edit each player?

You must run an ethernet cord from the back of your internet modem to your playstation...then sign up to the ea severs. Once your playing online...it'll update for you (thats how ps3 does it).

ND72
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh gosh! For the first time in game history...I'll be playing with a different QB for the Packers! I wonder if Rodgers will be a big weapon on the game come release time?

Not gonna lie...the first thing I usually do on Madden is trade Favre...I usually get what I can in draft picks and start fresh, and he's usually worth a #1 pick.

Partial
03-09-2008, 12:24 AM

That would be the ultimate thing to do. Has he ever been on the cover (mid/early 90's)?

He was on QB club.

red
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM

He was on QB club.

that was a horrible game, i remember hating it like crazy

i think the passing was next to impossible or something. it was a n64 game

BallHawk
03-09-2008, 09:52 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/2d/NFL_quarterback_club99.jpeg