PDA

View Full Version : Another Perspective

The Shadow
03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3281535

PlantPage55
03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Couple this with the book that he wrote listing Brett as one of the top 5 most overrated players and you have an asshole with a grudge that just can't stand the fact that Brett Favre is one of the greats.

Suck my white ass, Sal

HarveyWallbangers
03-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Couple this with the book that he wrote listing Brett as one of the top 5 most overrated players and you have an asshole with a grudge that just can't stand the fact that Brett Favre is one of the greats.

Suck my white ass, Sal

Yeah, his explanation for why Favre is/was overrated is easily shredded.

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Don't know where this came from, but it sure works here:

Critics...... are those that come down from the hills after the battle to shoot the wounded.

Pacopete4
03-08-2008, 03:10 PM
those who base qb's on winning superbowls are complete idiots to me..

yes, those are big but those are team things.. only great or real hot teams win super bowls.. favre was on 2 great teams his entired career and the year that his team was one of the best ever, he won the super bowl. There is no coincidence there..

KYPack
03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Sal, you've got a "career" in which you get paid money for doing analysis and for making public pronouncements. You keep making stupid and incorrect pronouncements, people will stop listening.

Why, in fact, I already have stopped listening.

270 consecutive games? That alone makes a player a HOFer.

Sal Palantonio?

An NTVB.

No talent Video Bum.

MacCool606
03-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Favre has lost more playoff games that most other QB's play in. You can spin that negative if you want, but I don't feel it should be used to diminish the accomplishment, There are probably more than a few teams that would trade this for what they had for the past 17 years.

Tony Oday
03-08-2008, 03:26 PM
The reason that Brett Favre was great was not just the fact that he was great on the field but he is a guy that every fan can identify with. He is human with superhuman powers.

Lurker64
03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Isn't Sal Palantonio just an ex-Eagles beat writer?

Why put any more stock in what he says than, say, Bob McGinn or Patrick Reusse?

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Isn't Sal Palantonio just an ex-Eagles beat writer?

Why put any more stock in what he says than, say, Bob McGinn or Patrick Reusse?

I don't put any stock in what he says......gotta love ESPN's timing.......

Bretsky
03-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Sal has always been a Hater

BallHawk
03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
If people don't react to that idiot then he's got nothing. He writes it because he know people will react.

The article's logic is based on statistics and nothing else. I don't know whether Pal watched Favre's playoff games, but there are a lot more behind them than the numbers would indicate.

PlantPage55
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
If people don't react to that idiot then he's got nothing. He writes it because he know people will react.

The article's logic is based on statistics and nothing else. I don't know whether Pal watched Favre's playoff games, but there are a lot more behind them than the numbers would indicate.

No kidding. Generally, and we as Packer fans know this, in the playoffs our entire TEAM has played God-awful.

Look at the Minnesota game a few years back. Everyone talks about how poorly Brett played, but Al Harris was getting torched all day too. We couldn't stop anyone or score to save our life.

Completely bad football all the way around. Same with the NFC Championship game last year.

KYPack
03-08-2008, 06:14 PM
And, obviously, how many times would we have been nowhere near the play-offs if Brett hadn't been under center.

I got sad again today.

A crawl announced a show coming up featuring "former Packer QB Brett Favre".

Man, I hate all this shit.

I'm going back to "denial".

MJZiggy
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
When is it on?

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
The NFL channel has been playing almost all-Favre all weekend. They've got his former coaches commenting right now.

Little Whiskey
03-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I know pip, i've been watching them all.....even as they repeat. my 2 year old son is saying, "daddy no more brett favre".............I sent him to his room without supper!

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I know pip, i've been watching them all.....even as they repeat. my 2 year old son is saying, "daddy no more brett favre".............I sent him to his room without supper!

......I just said that to my husband!

BallHawk
03-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Anybody watch the 30-minute show about Favre's backups? Very cool. They had Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, Doug Pederson, and Matt Hasselbeck talking about all the stuff he did when they were in Green Bay. A lot of the stories I hadn't heard, especially the one that Favre is very into crossword puzzles.

I don't know if it is going to be on again anytime soon, but if it is definitely watch it.

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Anybody watch the 30-minute show about Favre's backups? Very cool. They had Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, Doug Pederson, and Matt Hasselbeck talking about all the stuff he did when they were in Green Bay. A lot of the stories I hadn't heard, especially the one that Favre is very into crossword puzzles.

I don't know if it is going to be on again anytime soon, but if it is definitely watch it.

There was alot of respect and love shown......

MJZiggy
03-08-2008, 10:01 PM

......I just said that to my husband!

Tell him you need to record them for me so we can watch them when I see you.

packinpatland
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
OK! :lol: