PDA

View Full Version : What Constitutes Closure?

Joemailman
03-09-2008, 09:57 AM
The local newspaper here had a headline which read Favre Press Conference Gives Fans Closure. Not this fan. I'm not in denial, nor due I fear the fate of the Packer organization post-Favre. It's still hard for me to envision the team without him though. I'm thinking I won't have closure until the Packers play a game without Favre. Not sure if it will occur in the first pre-season game, or if I will have to wait for opening day.

b bulldog
03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Brett did what was best for him and now I'm moving on and thankful for what he has done for our Packers and for us fans.

hoosier
03-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I think seeing the Pack start a regular season game without Favre will be a significant moment, but I'm not sure it will be closure for many fans. Imagine what will happen if (I mean when) Rodgers gets hurt or the Packers suffer through a quarterback controversy, something GB hasn't seen in over 15 years. It's hard to imagine that Favre trauma won't return with a vengeance.

b bulldog
03-09-2008, 12:02 PM
true but what if ARod leads us to a division championship nd a long playoff run

oregonpackfan
03-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I think seeing the Pack start a regular season game without Favre will be a significant moment, but I'm not sure it will be closure for many fans. Imagine what will happen if (I mean when) Rodgers gets hurt or the Packers suffer through a quarterback controversy, something GB hasn't seen in over 15 years. It's hard to imagine that Favre trauma won't return with a vengeance.

The notion of a "Quarterback controversy" has become incomprehensible for Packer fans. Favre has been the starting QB for the past 16 years.

During Favre's 16 year starting period, the Bears had 21 different starting QB's, the Dolphins 18 different starting QB's and three other NFL teams tied with 17 different starting quarterbacks!

Packer fans may have to learn a whole new vocabulary when it comes to the quarterback position! :)

Bretsky
03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
true but what if ARod leads us to a division championship nd a long playoff run

At minimum he should lead us to a divisional title; our division sucks.
We really didn't lose anybody of that much value and we have three picks in the top 60. We are about the youngest team in the NFL so guys should develop more

Green Bay should win the division.

Joemailman
03-09-2008, 01:52 PM

The notion of a "Quarterback controversy" has become incomprehensible for Packer fans. Favre has been the starting QB for the past 16 years.

During Favre's 16 year starting period, the Bears had 21 different starting QB's, the Dolphins 18 different starting QB's and three other NFL teams tied with 17 different starting quarterbacks!

Packer fans may have to learn a whole new vocabulary when it comes to the quarterback position! :)

This is why you may see the Packers sign an older veteran like Brunell. The idea is to have someone who can come in and guide the offense if Rodgers gets hurt, but not someone highly regarded enough to create a quarterback controversy if Rodgers struggles a bit. Of course, that only works for one year at the most. If Rodgers struggles for the duration of 2008, there will be a quarterback controversy in 2009.

woodbuck27
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
The local newspaper here had a headline which read Favre Press Conference Gives Fans Closure. Not this fan. I'm not in denial, nor due I fear the fate of the Packer organization post-Favre. It's still hard for me to envision the team without him though. I'm thinking I won't have closure until the Packers play a game without Favre. Not sure if it will occur in the first pre-season game, or if I will have to wait for opening day.

Many of us are right where YOU are Joe. Then in mwe I felt it was his opportune time. To quit was right and that again demonstrated to me more affitrmation of Favre's courage. and inteligence. I also believe he always weighed himself and the cost $ wise to his beloved Packer Organization Vs the returns.

FAVRE DAMN well knows we'er a ways away from really or 'IN TRUTH', being ready to go to a Super Bowl. He's certainly not stupid or unrealistic Joe.

I hope these thoughts blunt Favre's retirement decision for all or most of us that suffer that. Certainly my wish for you Joe. This is a tough one.

Ed.

Packers FOREVER!

Scott Campbell
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
He's certainly not stupid or realistic.

????

:lol:

Scott Campbell
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Never mind. I see you edited it.

The Shadow
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Um...... it just might be time to let it go and get on with life.
After all, it's not as if Oprah retired, is it?