PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's locker

Brando19
03-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I was just reading about fanfest at http://www.jsonline.com/site/photographerphotos/SlideShow.aspx?catid=1088&N=4&photoid=19225 and it said that Favre's locker was the main attraction and that the staff said it will be kept in place and glasses in. Does that mean that it will be that way always, as an attraction, or just until fanfest is over?
It'd be cool if it was forever...the ghost of Favre will always be in the locker room!

Little Whiskey
03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
i read somewhere, can't remember where, that mcarthy said someone else will use it next year.

Brando19
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
i read somewhere, can't remember where, that mcarthy said someone else will use it next year.

:cry: I guess they'd have to...unless they added another. How many lockers are there...53?

b bulldog
03-09-2008, 05:44 PM
personally I think this is a bad idea. I think this would be a reminder to all of the future QB's and you know how they always harp about "big shoes to fill" and this wouldn't help that any at all. I'd love to see something else like a statue inside the atrium, calling US 41 up by the lombardi exit US 4 or something else creative.

Pacopete4
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM
i think they should cut it out and at least replace it.. put the one favre used in the packer hall of fame with a uniform hung in it.. i would love that

MJZiggy
03-09-2008, 06:32 PM
personally I think this is a bad idea. I think this would be a reminder to all of the future QB's and you know how they always harp about "big shoes to fill" and this wouldn't help that any at all. I'd love to see something else like a statue inside the atrium, calling US 41 up by the lombardi exit US 4 or something else creative.

I agree (not with the renaming the freeway part, but) Aaron's gonna have to hear about Brett Favre next season at every press conference and every time a reporter opens his mouth anywhere near him. He shouldn't have to look at the glassed off reminder that's not even part of the public area of the stadium anyway. During the tour, they wouldn't let us in there to see the facilities, so doing that would be pointless. I'm with the "replace it and move the original downstairs" club.

ND72
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Buddy of mine was there, he said he asked if that was really Brett's locker and the equipment guy said that it was NOT his actual locker.

Lurker64
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
You have to use his locker this year. If they set aside the lockers of legends never to be used after they retired, over time the locker room would be absolutely cavernous and more than half of the lockers would be ornamental. Somebody used Bart Starr's locker, so somebody had better use Brett Favre's.

A football locker room is a place of business, not a memorial.

GrnBay007
03-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Buddy of mine was there, he said he asked if that was really Brett's locker and the equipment guy said that it was NOT his actual locker.

Pretty sure I read that before...that he had a separate area where he dressed for games. I thought it was kinda odd at the time.

Pacopete4
03-10-2008, 12:15 AM
ya he had to change elsewhere because when the media is let in.. it would be a mess with him in there

MadtownPacker
03-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Bad idea, as mentioned last thing Rodgers needs is to look over at the name of the guy he will never be.

KYPack
03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
ya he had to change elsewhere because when the media is let in.. it would be a mess with him in there

On NFLN, they had a show called "Favre's back-ups". Not only he have to have a separate place to dress, he had his own spot to "hide". Different people would hit on Brett for all kinds of things including autographs in the dressing rooms. New people on the team would even be after him.

Brett would escape to a bathroom for an hour or so every day to "meditate" and do his crosswords. Part of the reason Brett quit was he was sick of being "Brett Favre".

Cheesehead Craig
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Favre will get his own locker in the Packer HOF.

GoPackGo
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
i think they should cut it out and at least replace it.. put the one favre used in the packer hall of fame with a uniform hung in it.. i would love that

That would be a cool idea