PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

jack's smirking revenge
04-03-2006, 09:28 AM
I purchased the PC version of this game this weekend, but haven't had a chance to nerd on it yet (with trying to get this site up and my band's CD going to press this week, I'm a bit busy). Anyone playing this game?

As it is supposed to take 200+ hours to complete, I'm sure this will be a long discussion. Post your impressions or cheats or thoughts on the game here.

tyler

Partial
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
graphics are insane. They are the first game to show age to HL2

Rastak
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
graphics are insane. They are the first game to show age to HL2

Plays very well on the xbox 360 also....in HD.

jack's smirking revenge
04-11-2006, 11:28 AM
A frustrating end to my Oblivion saga: I'm putting the game up for sale on Ebay. It turns out the computer that I purchased less than a year ago is not advanced enough to run the game. I didn't even check that out before I purchased it, because I just assumed my system was ready to roll. As it turns out, I put the disk in my DVD-ROM drive and nothing even shows up--no executables, nothing. I did some research and discovered my computer is not compatible with the game in several areas.

I'm quite bummed. I don't have the funds to upgrade right now and I DEFINITELY don't have the funds to go the XBOX360 route, though XBOX is my preferred system and want to upgrade at some point in the near future.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
06-15-2006, 10:55 AM
An update: I didn't put my game up for sale on Ebay. I updated just about everything in my computer--from my DVD ROM drive to my memory to my graphics card--and the game works pretty well. I've had to cut down on some of the amazing visuals because, even with the changes I made, my system still can't handle the vast amazingness of the detail of Oblivion.

So, the bottom line now is that I am wholeheartedly addicted. It is, by far, the best game that I've ever played, surpassing my old "Knights of the Old Republic II" fave. I'd recommend this game to anyone, but highly suggest that you make sure your system can handle the game. It's madcrazy.

tyler

Little Whiskey
06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
that is one of the nice things about console gaming. they always work, no surprises