PDA

View Full Version : New Receiver

privatepacker
03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I know Tab Perry is coming to Green Bay for a look see and that many think Koren Robinson may be on the way out.
Before we have Tab starting, I might say that Green Bay has a pretty good receiver on their roster that nobody knows. His name is Johnny Quinn. He's from the area where I live and the kid has built himslf into a fine receiver. I watched him in High School and in college. Last year he was suppose to be drafted in the later rounds. Instead he went for some knee surgery. He's about back to normal I am anxious to see what he can do with my favorite team.
I know many think he's a camp body and he may turn out that way, but don't be surprised when they start playing and he's still in the mix.

Pacopete4
03-09-2008, 07:56 PM
why would we ditch koren?

BlueBrewer
03-09-2008, 07:57 PM
this is the first that I have heard that K Rob was on the way out, can you give a source or sources of where you heard that? I would hate to see him go at this point.

Lurker64
03-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I would wait to see if Perry signs before we start putting together the roster for next year.

oregonpackfan
03-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't necessarily see Robinson as "Being on the way out."

If you recall, he was not reinstated to the Packers until mid-October. Being out of football for a year, he needed time to get into football playing shape. They guy is still in his late 20's.

At the same time, I am hardly claiming that Robinson is a valuable asset to the receiving corps. Given the competitive atmosphere of the NFL, he may or may not make it this year.

rbaloha1
03-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Big time talent.

Just needs to play more

# 3 receiver

falco
03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
thanks for the heads up privatepacker - I'll definitely keep my eyes on the guy. I always enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Joemailman
03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't necessarily see Robinson as "Being on the way out."

If you recall, he was not reinstated to the Packers until mid-October. Being out of football for a year, he needed time to get into football playing shape. They guy is still in his late 20's.

At the same time, I am hardly claiming that Robinson is a valuable asset to the receiving corps. Given the competitive atmosphere of the NFL, he may or may not make it this year.

People need to keep in mind that K-Rob hasn't had the advantage of being with the Packers in training camp yet. He has constantly been playing catch-up in terms of getting in sync with the offense. The WR battle in training camp will be fun to watch.

KYPack
03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I know Tab Perry is coming to Green Bay for a look see and that many think Koren Robinson may be on the way out.

Perry is a physical speciman. The 3 spot was wide open for him the first half of the season. He played terribly and wasn't resigned by the Bengals. I'd think he'd pick a different team to try and make. There are really a lot of good WR's on the Pack.

The are some rumblings about KRob based on his shaky post-season play.
He will be closely looked at, but I think he will rebound. He's got a ton of talent and just had a rough patch.

This will be a tough team for your homeboy to make.

Deputy Nutz
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but Robinson is just a guy at this point. The Packers would not cut him until he has had a chance to battle it out for a position with a younger player, but he was simply slow while returning kicks and he will never be a polished receiver.

The Leaper
03-10-2008, 07:51 AM
but he was simply slow while returning kicks

Slow? The guy average almost 24 yards a return. Granted, that isn't an elite number, but it is pretty damn good.

I'll agree he's marginal as a receiver, but he is a very solid returner who knows how to utilize blocking to his advantage. It would be very difficult to find a #4 WR with as much experience and more capability in the return game.

LL2
03-10-2008, 08:15 AM

Slow? The guy average almost 24 yards a return. Granted, that isn't an elite number, but it is pretty damn good.

I'll agree he's marginal as a receiver, but he is a very solid returner who knows how to utilize blocking to his advantage. It would be very difficult to find a #4 WR with as much experience and more capability in the return game.

I agree. 24 yds a return is pretty good. Until Blackmon or Tramon Williams can stay healthy and consistently produce solid returns every week I think the Packers need to keep KRob.

Scott Campbell
03-10-2008, 08:15 AM

We all know how Ted likes young guys with upside.

Deputy Nutz
03-10-2008, 08:54 AM

It was but he broke tackles and took good angles, but that doesn't mean he is fast. Just because he has a decent average doesn't equate to having good speed.

The Leaper
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
It was but he broke tackles and took good angles, but that doesn't mean he is fast. Just because he has a decent average doesn't equate to having good speed.

Having good speed doesn't equate to being a successful kick returner either...so can we stop the harping on Robinson's speed, especially in the return game?

I'll take a guy who consistently puts up good returns over a guy who runs like a gazelle but can't read or set up his blocking worth a damn. Returns aren't all about speed...there are plenty of guys who run as fast as Devin Hester, but it is Hester's ability to read blocks and move through traffic that makes him a dynamic returner over other guys with similar speed who don't possess those other skills.

HarveyWallbangers
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM

He averaged 23.8. You can watch and see he's no longer dynamic at returning kicks. He had a couple of flukey plays with bad tackling. He looks like the kick return equivalent of Noah Herron. Tramon Williams averaged 22.8 and offers more upside. There's Will Blackmon also. Maybe he looks better next year after a full training camp, but if he doesn't improve this offseason, he won't be with the team in 2008.

Deputy Nutz
03-10-2008, 10:21 AM

He averaged 23.8. You can watch and see he's no longer dynamic at returning kicks. He had a couple of flukey plays with bad tackling. He looks like the kick return equivalent of Noah Herron. Tramon Williams averaged 22.8 and offers more upside. There's Will Blackmon also. Maybe he looks better next year after a full training camp, but if he doesn't improve this offseason, he won't be with the team in 2008.

I think he could have had at least one return for a touchdown if he wasn't chased down from behind. He had a nice average but I just can't say I was really impressed with him.

Fritz
03-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Johnny Quinn? Wasn't there a tv show - a cartoon - with a guy named Johnny Quinn, back in the 70's?

Oh, wait. That was Johnny Quest.

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Johnny Quinn? Wasn't there a tv show - a cartoon - with a guy named Johnny Quinn, back in the 70's?

No, but there's a cartoon character in Cleveland named Brady Quinn.... :D