PDA

View Full Version : ROBINSON COULD BE ODD MAN OUT

vince
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.packerupdate.com/packer_update/2008/03/robinson-coul-1.html

“I just don’t think that [head coach] Mike McCarthy was all that impressed with what he saw last year [in Koren Robinson].”

Robinson would have to battle veteran Ruvell Martin for the No. 4 job. And that’s a fight he probably won't win. “Martin is a player the coaches really admire,” said the source. “He’s such a tough kid. He’s a terrific downfield blocker and he throws his body around on all the special teams. And as a receiver, he’s been working closely with Aaron Rodgers for the past three years. That’s an awful lot for Robinson to overcome.”

As for the No. 5 spot, expect it to be filled by a young player with good return skills and plenty of upside.

Deputy Nutz
03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I really wasn't all that impressed with Robinson this year, he seemed quite slow when returning kicks.

KYPack
03-09-2008, 10:19 PM
This is like the other thread.

KRob was #1 kick returner and the fifth reciever. Usually that 5 reciever is a kid. Koren made several errors on his KO returns in the play-offs. It will be interesting. I know M3 likes as many weapons as he can get at all the pass recieving spots. If KRob doesn't show a lot he could be in trouble. I think having the whole season to prepare with the team will help him physically and with his timing.

He better get in the groove with Rodgers quickly if he wants to stay.

HarveyWallbangers
03-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I really wasn't all that impressed with Robinson this year, he seemed quite slow when returning kicks.

Agreed.

gbpackfan
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
MM has pubicly said in the past that he has NO PROBLEMS keeping 6 WRs. I wouldn't count K-Rob out just yet.

The Leaper
03-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Agreed.

If you guys think 24 yards a return is slow, then you'll only be happy with Hester returning kicks. Robinson is a strong kick returner. However, if you prefer dumbasses who run 4.4 right into the ass of their blocker because they have no vision or timing in setting up blocks, so be it. We can all marvel at how FAST they look before they are tackled at the 18 yard line.

HarveyWallbangers
03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
He averaged 23.8. Tramon Williams averaged 22.8 and offers more upside. There's Will Blackmon also. I wouldn't be against bringing him back, but if they can find a younger player with more upside to fill Robinson's 4th WR slot, that's okay with me.

Fritz
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM

Agreed.

If you guys think 24 yards a return is slow, then you'll only be happy with Hester returning kicks. Robinson is a strong kick returner. However, if you prefer dumbasses who run 4.4 right into the ass of their blocker because they have no vision or timing in setting up blocks, so be it. We can all marvel at how FAST they look before they are tackled at the 18 yard line.

That's what I like. Give me a dumbass with 4.4 speed running up his blocker's butt every time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I still think we hold on to him though. He didn't play that great last year, but remember that it was his first year back from suspension and his knee wasn't fully healed. I think he is valuable to this team as both a KR and WR. Unless of course we draft a WR fairly high, he may be in trouble then.