PDA

View Full Version : John Madden's wet dream

Brando19
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Once again, another rumor of Favre broadcasting, but I have to admit, Favre on Sunday Night Football would absolutely rule. We'd get to see him once a week and he'd be with the man that would do nothing but praise his name, John Madden. Anyway, here's the post.
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl
NBC Sports boss Dick Ebersol can change the NFL's TV landscape with one bold move: Signing Brett Favre and putting him in the Peacock's "Sunday Night Football" booth with John Madden and Al Michaels. Assuming Favre wants to do TV (and Madden does not have a clause in his contract prohibiting a third man in the booth), NBC makes the most sense (and probably dollars too) for the recently retired Packers QB. Anyway, Ebersol has always operated under the star system. The man has always had a flair for the dramatic. Teaming Favre with Madden and Michaels, the best two-man booth in the game today, would be just that. -- NY Daily News

twoseven
03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Is the ex-athlete/color guy allowed to just show up and call the game, or does he spend several days during the week working (travel, interviews, research, etc.)? Brett claims if he could just show up on Sundays he'd still be playing. So if calling a game in the booth involves more than just calling the game how is the weekly prep any less stressfull and the travel keeping him from his family any less lonely than what he was doing as our QB?

IMO, I don't see it right now. Throw in his private, soft spoken nature and I might not see it ever. I will be very happy not to see our boy judged on national TV, I've heard enough of it the last 16 years. For all of the times I hear people ripping on Aikman's job in the booth, I really don't want #4 put in that position.

Deputy Nutz
03-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Problem is Favre ain't gonna take no job that requires him to wear a suit or tie.

GrnBay007
03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Problem is Favre ain't gonna take no job that requires him to wear a suit or tie.

If they could get Favre, I don't think they'd care what he wore. :D

Madden and Favre together would be funny. Wonder if Madden would be able to say anything about the game going on without comparing it to Favre.

MadtownPacker
03-10-2008, 07:15 PM
They put Madden in the same room as #4 for 3 hours and Sunday Night football will lose its family rating.

BlueBrewer
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
No way no how. Favre is going to disapear into the mountains like Jerimiah Johnson to be only referred to as legend. He was already growing the beard.

GrnBay007
03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
No way no how. Favre is going to disapear into the mountains like Jerimiah Johnson to be only referred to as legend. He was already growing the beard.

I don't know. My guess would be he will disappear for 9-12 months....then start to appear in public for Packer related things on occasion. I can't see him working for some network though....too many rules and regulations for him. I remember him saying if he ever coached it would be High School....that would be awesome. Can you imagine how motivated those kids would be playing their heart out for Brett Favre? :D

Bossman641
03-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't see it happening. Maybe ina few years, but not anytime soon. I think Brett really just wants to enjoy his time off and family life.

The Leaper
03-11-2008, 06:56 AM
If the guy is giving up his charity softball game for a year to get away from the spotlight, he sure as hell won't be in a TV booth with Madden and Michaels.

Scott Campbell
03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
I hope he doesn't turn into Joe Montana. I like his legacy as it is just fine. I don't need to see him in the booth every week.

twoseven
03-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I hope he doesn't turn into Joe Montana. I like his legacy as it is just fine. I don't need to see him in the booth every week.Did you mean Joe Theisman? I would prefer he turn into Joe Montana, that guy fell off the face of the earth.