PDA

View Full Version : If you could have been at any Packers game ever...

Bossman641
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
what would it be?

The beginning of the legend, Favre's first game against CIN?
The bomb at Detroit?
The dive into the end zone against ATL?
The Ice Bowl?
The Super Bowl win?
One of the 90's games at SF?
Favre's last win against Seattle?

I got to thinking about this earlier today. I had a hell of a time trying to decide. My Packer memories are limited to a year or so before Favre so I couldn't go back too far.

I think I would go with the NFC Championship game against Carolina. The Super Bowl would have been great to be at, but I would want it to be a home game in order to get the Lambeau factor. Sure is a tough decision though.

MJZiggy
03-10-2008, 07:56 PM
SB win. I wanna watch Reggie take that lap.

BF4MVP
03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
That's a tough call between Super Bowl XXXI and the NFC Championship game against the Panthers..I probably would have taken a week-long vacation in the Big Easy if I were able to get Super Bowl tickets though..That sounds like a lot of fun..So I'll go with the Super Bowl..But the Lambeau factor makes it a very tough call.

packinpatland
03-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Oakland 2003

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd say Superbowl, but would be too young to appreciate it. So probably Seattle this past year.

BlueBrewer
03-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I thouroughly enjoyed seeing Brett break the all time TD mark. I am sure glad I went to the shithole for that one.

Joemailman
03-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Last win against Seattle. I was lucky enough to see the Super Bowl and the end zone dive against Atlanta. 5 TD game against the Bears in 1995 playing on a bad ankle wouldn't have been bad either.

By the way, shouldn't this be a poll? Just a suggestion.

falco
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I thouroughly enjoyed seeing Brett break the all time TD mark. I am sure glad I went to the shithole for that one.

same here

The Shadow
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Ice Bowl.

Scott Campbell
03-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Oakland 2003

Same here.

Bossman641
03-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Last win against Seattle. I was lucky enough to see the Super Bowl and the end zone dive against Atlanta. 5 TD game against the Bears in 1995 playing on a bad ankle wouldn't have been bad either.

By the way, shouldn't this be a poll? Just a suggestion.

I thought about it, but frankly there are just too many choices. I could probably list about 20 games and still not hit everybody's favorite. I didn't want to limit anybody's answers.

Brando19
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Home Game: 1992, Brett enters game and beats Bengals OR this year's Seattle game

Away Game: 2003 Oakland (emotions must have been high) or 2007 Denver overtime win.

b bulldog
03-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Home game, NFC cHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST THE PANTHERS
Road game, SB against the Pats

MTPackerfan
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
SB 31 would be my choice. Tough to decide for sure.

pacfan
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Top Five Packer games to see....

Oakland 2003
SB XXXI
MNF in 83 vs. Washington
Majik vs Bear in 89
tie: last second Minn win in 99, OT in Denver '07, Baltimore in '01,

BallHawk
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
SB XXXI, Oakland 2003, and NFC Championship against the Panthers are obvious choices.

Also, the Freeman miracle catch against the Vikes would of been a pretty fun game to be at.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
SB XXXI, Oakland 2003, and NFC Championship against the Panthers are obvious choices.

Also, the Freeman miracle catch against the Vikes would of been a pretty fun game to be at.

I forgot about the freeman catch. I love that game, was on my birthday to.

gex
03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Was at the 96 nfc championship game, cried in the stands I was so happy. Otherwise woulda loved to be at the Super bowl.

oregonpackfan
03-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Super Bowl XXXI has to be my choice.

Bretsky
03-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I was at several of these home games; I'd choose the Super Bowl

I'd say the two most enjoyable games were the Panthers in NFC Title Game and the Five TD performance by Favre with the bum ankle against Da Bears

Freak Out
03-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Who was at the Cowboy game in 97? That one would have been great.

AtlPackFan
03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Ice Bowl.

I'm with Grandpa rat....Ice Bowl.

Cheesehead Craig
03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Just to throw a different one out there:

2001 - Packers vs Ravens at Lambeau.

Favre goes 27-34 337 yds and 3 TDs vs that defense in it's heyday. That was sweet.

BallHawk
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
If the Packers had won won the NFC Championship game back in January I'm sure that would've of been a game for the ages.

twoseven
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Super Bowl 1 or 2, the games would have been great, but putting the moves on the sixties women at the tavern after the victory would have been second to none. :D

gbgary
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
wow...what a question!! SB XXXI would have been cool...but ya know...the infamous "instant replay game" is somehow pulling at me to give as my choice.

GBRulz
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Who was at the Cowboy game in 97? That one would have been great.

I was there! I was very fortunate to be at many of the games that have been mentioned, as well.

My fav though was actually an away game...down in the old Sombrero when we beat Tampa, clinched the division and the stands were 75% Packer fans. Oh, that was so awesome! I totally miss Tampa being in our division...why couldn't they have kicked out Detroit or something instead?

Like many on here though, I wish I could have seen the Oakland game in person.

Iron Mike
03-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Anyone remember the 1/6/96 NFC Divisional Playoff against the 49ers????

The 49ers were heavily favored to win. The field turned into a mudbowl and Edgar Bennett went off. The Journal-Sentinel had the front page of 49ers Offensive Linemen standing around covered in mud and looking like they wished they were anywhere in the world but Green Bay.

The Packers had arrived. They lost to Dallas the next weekend in the NFC Championship, but the stage had been set for the 1996 Superbowl run. 8-)

SudsMcBucky
03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Was at the Detroit bomb game. My neighbor was at the Ice Bowl. I'd pick either the Ice Bowl, because of its place in all-time FB history, or SB XXXI.

Green Bud Packer
03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
The first packer game ever so i could see how much the game has evolved.

twoseven
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM

The 49ers were heavily favored to win. The field turned into a mudbowl and Edgar Bennett went off. The Journal-Sentinel had the front page of 49ers Offensive Linemen standing around covered in mud and looking like they wished they were anywhere in the world but Green Bay.

The Packers had arrived. They lost to Dallas the next weekend in the NFC Championship, but the stage had been set for the 1996 Superbowl run. 8-)
I didn't remeber that game turning into a mudbowl, just remember the sunny skies (sure you're not thinking of 96' at Lambeau, that was a mudfest alright). But what I do remember about 95' is Steve Young on their first play from scrimmage (I believe) throwing his typical conservative sissy ass swing pass to his right and Craig Newsome absolutely destroying the back, ball was turned over to us deep in whiner territory. We scored before they knew what hit them. That hit set let the whiners know we had arrived and it set the tone for what became an era of dominance of Favre over the whiners. Brett lost only 1 game in his career to the niners (9-1) and that was the Jerry Rice fumble that never was in 98' wild card playoff. I will NEVER forget the hit that Newsome laid on that SF player, right up there with the spastic reaction Chuck Cecil displayed after laying out the Bears' RB Neal Anderson one time. I get shivers just thinking about those two hits. :shock: :D

oregonpackfan
03-12-2008, 11:12 PM

That was a great game. Desmond Howard made two critical plays in that game. The first was a punt return or kickoff(I can't remember which) for a touchdown. In the second play, he returned a punt to the 49'er five yard line. The Packers went on to score a touchdown after that return.

I remember that Matt Millan was the "Color commentator" for that game. He called Howards' returns "Unbelievable."

Iron Mike
03-13-2008, 06:42 AM
But what I do remember about 95' is Steve Young on their first play from scrimmage (I believe) throwing his typical conservative sissy ass swing pass to his right and Craig Newsome absolutely destroying the back, ball was turned over to us deep in whiner territory. We scored before they knew what hit them. That hit set let the whiners know we had arrived and it set the tone for what became an era of dominance of Favre over the whiners.

IIRC, it was Wayne Simmons that hit Adam Walker and Newsome picked up the fumble and scored.

Remember there was a controversy about some 49er assistant leaving his playbook in a restaurant somewhere and the thought was that somebody from the Packers MUST have wound up with it, because the Packers sure did seem to know what plays the 49ers would be running. :roll:

Iron Mike
03-13-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm misremembering. ($1 to Roger Clemens)

The game was at 3Com Park:

http://thewisconsinsportsbar.blogspot.com/2006/12/going-back-to-1995-happier-time-when.html

THIS is a game I wish I had been at. Taunting the Whiners fans would have been AWESOME!!!! :twisted:

privatepacker
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I must be the old timer here, the one game I would love to have been at was against the Cowboys. It was the NFL championship game in 66. The year before the Ice Bowl. It was a game that went to the last play. I won like $2.00 dollars in bets and remember that Vince only used like a dozen plays. At least that's what I remember reading in the papers. That game and the Monday night game against the Redskins would have been great to be in attendance.

bbbffl66
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
I was at the Atl game at County Stadium. Awesome!
I don't know if I could have lived thru the Ice Bowl- barely made it thru the NFC Championship game.
I guess I'd say the NFC Championship against Carolina.
Great atmosphere.