PDA

View Full Version : This is a direct result to Favre retirement

packinpatland
03-11-2008, 09:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3287460

At least that's my stand. :wink:

falco
03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
given the success of the NFL, i'm surprised to see layoffs like this.

i supposed nowadays nobodys job is safe

KYPack
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I read in one article that HBO was paying 20 million to NFL Films for the footage for "Inside the NFL". I've also read it was $5 mil per year.

Either way, that's a lot of scoot.

I'm gonna cancel HBO and get whatever cable channel does "Inside the NFL " or "Son of Inside the NFL", whatever it's called.

oregonpackfan
03-11-2008, 10:28 PM
given the success of the NFL, i'm surprised to see layoffs like this.

i supposed nowadays nobodys job is safe

My surprising reaction is the same.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
They get the same coverage but cheaper from the pats.

packinpatland
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Plus the Pats provide footage of their own :wink:

Merlin
03-13-2008, 03:46 PM
My understanding was the inside the NFL was losing viewer ship. But you could be right, Favre was the reason the Packers still got prime time games after their 4-12 season. And got prime time games even though they were not a top team in the NFC every year. I suspect we will lose a few more then we would have had if Favre had not retired this season. That doesn't really affect us Packer fans because we watch them every week regardless of when they are on. It's the NFL that suffers ultimately because Favre has had an awesome following for the NFL for 16 years. When people are still buying your stuff (pre-retirement) at the rate they were and you still rank high on the purchase list, there is a reason.

*Sigh*

Here's to hoping we can pull another player into the limelight Favre was in with all of his passion and love of the game :).

packinpatland
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh My!!!! Tell Tyronne that! The name Favre sells!!!!!!! :wink: