PDA

View Full Version : Iraq has a budget surplus?

LL2
03-12-2008, 08:12 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23578542

Why is U.S. taxpayers dollars being spent to rebuild Iraq when Iraq is sitting on a pile of oil money? They should spend their own billions to fix the country, and send us some cheap oil!

Joemailman
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Do you honestly believe the oil people in the White House want cheap oil? The price of oil has tripled since the invasion of Iraq. Mission Accomplished!

Freak Out
03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Do you honestly believe the oil people in the White House want cheap oil? The price of oil has tripled since the invasion of Iraq. Mission Accomplished!

..and America has accepted it. I'd be interested to see how much car-pooling and use of public transportation has increased during the last year.

Freak Out
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Interesting photos from one journalist over the last few years.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/03/20/world/20080319KAMBER_index.html

Tyrone Bigguns
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM

..and America has accepted it. I'd be interested to see how much car-pooling and use of public transportation has increased during the last year.

ZipCar baby. Jump on board.

MJZiggy
03-20-2008, 07:00 PM

There's a zip car spot near my metro station but it just doesn't make sense to drive it the 5 blocks and 8 stoplights to work. Now if there were some at Dupont Circle...

Tyrone Bigguns
03-20-2008, 07:01 PM

There's a zip car spot near my metro station but it just doesn't make sense to drive it the 5 blocks and 8 stoplights to work. Now if there were some at Dupont Circle...

They are growing. IPO is coming.

Short article in Fast Company on them.

red
03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
its absolute bull shit that we're still spending billions on iraq, and they're sitting on as much as 60 billion?

get our money back and invest it in our own fucking country

Scott Campbell
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see it invested back into our country by giving it back to the taxpayers that are getting bilked out of it in the first place.

Freak Out
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd like to see it invested back into our country by giving it back to the taxpayers that are getting bilked out of it in the first place.

Yeppers.

MJZiggy
03-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Maybe we should send the money back to China where it came from...

red
03-20-2008, 09:05 PM

Maybe we should send the money back to China where it came from...

we send them enough money, i think

MJZiggy
03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
No, they've been loaning it to us for years to finance the Bush Wars. If they were to call in those debts, they could collapse our economy.

red
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
No, they've been loaning it to us for years to finance the Bush Wars. If they were to call in those debts, they could collapse our economy.

we owe just about every country in the world a ton of money, we're really screwed someday

as to china, i ment we give them enough money already from all the products we buy from there. and by giving them all our jobs and whatnot

HarveyWallbangers
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
We owe about every country in the world a ton of money? Too funny.

LL2
03-21-2008, 09:34 AM

Too funny and sad. Our politicians will never get the finances of this country fixed.

The Leaper
03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Too funny and sad. Our politicians will never get the finances of this country fixed.

Of course not. There is no incentive for them to do so.

MJZiggy
03-21-2008, 06:09 PM

Buck up, that's what they said when Bush the first was in office.