PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

GBRulz
03-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Is anyone watching this season? It's amazing that when you live out of a hotel room for almost two months, how many shows you can get hooked on. Anyhow, i'm totally hooked on Idol and I'm hoping David Cook (the rocker dude) takes it all!

red
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
them having a already professional singer on there, who has already had a chance and flopped big time, just ruined the spirit of the show for me

i like the prelim shows better with all the sucky people, as soon as those are done i usually stop watching for the season

to me they take great classic songs and ruin them by popping them up

BallHawk
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Those kids butchered Lennon/McCartney on Tuesday.

The girl could not sing and play piano at the same time. The Thai prostitute couldn't sing. The country version of Eight Days a Week was laughably horrible. The chick with the tattoo scares me and she really shouldn't even be on the show. The guy butchered Across the Universe.

The only decent ones were Chikeze and the guy that did Eleanor Rigby (even though I didn't like the arrangement he performed well.)

To be honest, I think the talent this year is much lower then in other years.

Bretsky
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't watched yet; so are there any hotties on there ? Grailees ? Did somebody say a prostitute is on the show. Is there a reason for me to watch ??

MadtownPacker
03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I haven't watched yet; so are there any hotties on there ? Grailees ? Did somebody say a prostitute is on the show. Is there a reason for me to watch ??This show is too Apple Pie for you man. I think in the past they kicked one chick off for having worked a 1-900 service.

LL2
03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
David Cook is good. I have no ear for music or musical ability, but my wife plays the piano and sings. We think the kid David Archuletta will win. The kid messed up the other night, but he clearly was born with the gift to sing.

What's interesting about this show is that it seems the runner ups have a better career post American Idol, than the winners. Other than Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson none seem to be around, but you still hear about Clay Aiken, Katherine McPhee, Chris Daughtry, and Blake Lewis.

Partial
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Chris Daughtry should have won that season. There was definitely something behind the scenes because he was by far the fan favorite.

GBRulz
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
I haven't watched yet; so are there any hotties on there ? Grailees ? Did somebody say a prostitute is on the show. Is there a reason for me to watch ??

Yeah, David Cook is kinda hot. The gay stripper was pretty cute, too but he got the boot last night.

I have no clue wtf BH is talking about when he says a prostitute is on the show.

I've been watching Idol since season 3 and IMO, this season has the best talent by far. My fav Idol since I've been watching is Chris Daughtry.

Harlan Huckleby
03-13-2008, 05:38 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/brettfavrenone2lmnb1.gif

GBRulz, I was gonna comment that Favre didn't exactly leave with great memories from cold winter games in 07, but then I noticed the snow is falling straight down, no wind, so guess it is ok.

Zool
03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
I watched some clips from Tuesday nights show. They should all be ashamed of themselves for destroying Beatles songs like they did. Did they go wipe their asses on John Lennon's grave for good measure?

GBRulz
03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
There wasn't any happy medium on their performances. Some were really good, some were really bad. (Christy Lee Cook anyone?)

Zool
03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Whoever did Let it Be....should have let it been.

MJZiggy
03-14-2008, 06:33 PM
So I get off the metro and I'm walking in to work and about two blocks from my building this massive line begins running around the corner at the library and up the block toward my building. As I'm getting closer to work, wondering what the hell this massive line is for, I notice many of these people have luggage. As I get to the building across from mine, I come to see a sign that says "Nashville Stars line forms here" then I realize that along with the luggage are a lot of guitars and cowboy hats mixed in. They were out there all day. Too bad I can't sing...

Between that and seeing George (or the decoy) on my first day, the place is quite an adventure.

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I remember a story from my mother during the WWII years. She noticed a long line was forming in Owensboro, Kentucky. Nylon stockings were in very short supply because nylon was being used for parachutes for our troops.

She got at the end of the line and asked the woman in front of her what the line was for.

The woman in front of her casually answered, "Shotgun shells." :lol:

GBRulz
03-14-2008, 08:14 PM

I thought she was fantastic. Are you sure you aren't getting her mixed up with the Oregon girl? She needs to go crawl back under an umbrella.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19FD4h3_444

BallHawk
03-14-2008, 11:18 PM

I thought she was fantastic. Are you sure you aren't getting her mixed up with the Oregon girl? She needs to go crawl back under an umbrella.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19FD4h3_444

She's a good singer, but she shouldn't of played the piano. Let me say in the first place, the contestants shouldn't be allowed to play instruments. It is a singing competition and letting a contestant play their own instrument gives them an unfair advantage. In the case of this girl, she should of left the piano. She could play the song, but not in the way that she could play piano and sing naturally at the same time. She was focusing more on the piano part than the singing part.

And the prostitute is Ramiele Malubay. Looks like somebody you'd find in the Red Light District of Bangkok.

MJZiggy
03-15-2008, 08:14 AM
And you would know what to find in the red light district in Bangkok exactly how?

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2008, 10:33 AM
And the prostitute is Ramiele Malubay. Looks like somebody you'd find in the Red Light District of Bangkok.

I'd take her over Spitzer's special friend.

GBRulz
03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
And you would know what to find in the red light district in Bangkok exactly how?

Because he is a smart 15 year old :roll:

GBRulz
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
I was really shocked at the bottom three last night. Especially with Syesha and Jason. IMO, Ramiele should have gotten the boot.

David Cook continues to amaze me. The guy takes chances and he's adding some uniqueness to the show. I think it's between him and Michael Johns.

SkinBasket
03-27-2008, 09:52 PM
How many fucking Idol threads do we need? Are you guys protesting the other Idol thread?

LL2
03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
I was really shocked at the bottom three last night. Especially with Syesha and Jason. IMO, Ramiele should have gotten the boot.

David Cook continues to amaze me. The guy takes chances and he's adding some uniqueness to the show. I think it's between him and Michael Johns.

My wife loves David Cook too. She can't stand that Kristy Lee Cook...but I think she is hot! Some girls got to stay for their looks....right?

GBRulz
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
How many fucking Idol threads do we need? Are you guys protesting the other Idol thread?

Bitch at JH, I didn't create another one!

GBRulz
03-29-2008, 09:48 AM

My wife loves David Cook too. She can't stand that Kristy Lee Cook...but I think she is hot! Some girls got to stay for their looks....right?

She is a Carrie Underwood wannabe. I can't stand her. Her rendition of "8 days a week" was the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

IMO, the next three to go will be:

Ramiele
Christy
Syesha (even though I think she has the best voice of the females)

GBRulz
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Ramiele got the axe tonight. I kinda knew that was coming. Was really shocked to see Brooke in the bottom three though.

GoPackGo
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM

I think she has the best rack of the females :wink:

GBRulz
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
HUGE shocker last week with Michael leaving.....who will be it this week? I think Carly's time is up.

Harlan Huckleby
04-16-2008, 09:06 PM

I think she has the best rack of the females :wink:

gun rack? i find women who hunt kinda cool too, but I'd rather get one with big tits.

LL2
04-17-2008, 10:19 AM
So, Kristy Lee Cook finally got the boot. I will miss her hot body. She will have a good career signing country. I'm sure half the record companies in Nashville have already called her.

BallHawk
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
So, Kristy Lee Cook finally got the boot. I will miss her hot body. She will have a good career signing country. I'm sure half the record companies in Nashville have already called her.

Along with Hustler and Playboy...

GoPackGo
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM

she's a little young right now. She will be smokin hot in 5 years

LL2
04-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Dude...you need to clean your glasses. She is smokin hot right now! She will also be in 5 years too!

GoPackGo
04-17-2008, 11:26 AM

Dude...you need to clean your glasses. She is smokin hot right now! She will also be in 5 years too!

I don't think high school chicks are hot anymore. I'm all about MILFS now.

BallHawk
04-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Cook with the best performance of the season, IMO.

BallHawk
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Castro should go home. Hopefully, America wakes up and realizes is voice is pathetically weak.

Partial
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Cook with the best performance of the season, IMO.

What? I don't think he was that good tonight. I love that song and it was an excellent choice, but learn to fricking sing with the music.

I kind of like that castro guy. I think he is 3rd best left. They were bashing him when I thought he did alright. He has a very charming appeal to him.

The kid was the best singer as usual again tonight.

sheepshead
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I am proud to say, I have never seen a minute of it. I wouldn't buy or listen to any of that music so there never seemed to be a reason to watch.

GBRulz
04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I am proud to say, I have never seen a minute of it. I wouldn't buy or listen to any of that music so there never seemed to be a reason to watch.

How do you know that you wouldn't listen to any of "that music" if you never watched a minute of it?

There really is some incredible talent on the show. AI also is responsible for their "Idol Gives Back" campaign, in which this year alone, has raised over 65 million dollars that will benefit health care for children in the US and Africa. Carrie Underwood's performance during the Idol Gives Back show was amazing. Heart with Fergie, also simply incredible.

I hate that now that it's getting closer and closer, that the true popularity contest portion of the show really comes out. IMO, the two performers in the bottom two tonight did not deserve to be there at all. Especially Syesha.

I am bored to death with David A, but he will be in the top two because the teeny bopper girls love him. Same with Jason Castro. They can sing but they are not performers.

David Cook is the full package. The guy could get voted off next week and have a bigger career than anyone else left could hope for.

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
you cant avoid hearing sound bites, come on its everywhere. I dont watch network tv very much anyway-so I wouldnt even know where to find it.

p.s. are you a 15 yo girl? Just askin'

Zool
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
David Cook is the full package. The guy could get voted off next week and have a bigger career than anyone else left could hope for.

Or like 99% of the people on that show, never be heard from again. That show has jumped the shark. Wait, I'll reenact every episode from the last 5 years.

Randy: You did your thing dog.(crowd cheers) You were pitchy in spots but overall you threw down. (insert random Journey reference here)

Paula(almost crying for some reason): I loved it.(crowd cheers) That was beautiful. You can tell how much that song means to you by the way you sang it. (crowd agrees and cheers still)

Simon(for some reason the only honest guy is the villain): I thought the whole thing was very karaoke-ish(crowd boos). You didnt step up this week, and like I told you last week, I'll be surprised if you make it through another vote.

Mind you I haven't watched the show in maybe 4 years, but it was exactly the same then. I was OK with letting the show go until they butchered the Beatles. That was inexcusable.

Partial
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
In true Randy Jackson form, you're whack Zool. I really don't think too many people watch it for the judges. I think most people appreciate it for the singers.

David Cook will sell a lot of CDs. I guarantee that. But I still think the kid will end up winning if he improves his song selection.

Scott Campbell
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
In true Randy Jackson form, you're whack Zool. I really don't think too many people watch it for the judges. I think most people appreciate it for the singers.

If it's really about watching the musicians, then you should check out Austin City Limits. If you like watching the drama of somebody getting voted off every week, then keep watching Idol.

Zool
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM

David Cook will sell a lot of CDs. I guarantee that. But I still think the kid will end up winning if he improves his song selection.

Good lord tardo. Its like you've been brainwashed. You sound like an actual judge from that show. I doesnt make 2 shits of a difference on the song selection. The "voting" is done by people with cell phones and text plans. Well guess what demographic that is? Shark....jumped.

I do like that you guarantee that a no talent ass clown will sell a lot of CD's. If these people were really so talented, why don't they have deals already?

Partial
04-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Good lord tardo. Its like you've been brainwashed. You sound like an actual judge from that show. I doesnt make 2 shits of a difference on the song selection. The "voting" is done by people with cell phones and text plans. Well guess what demographic that is? Shark....jumped.

I think you would be surprised. Very surpised as a matter of fact. For instance, the only people I talk about idol with besides my lady and the folks here and the 4 older gentlemen in the surrounding cubes near me, as they watch it with their families. They wive's call in and vote I guess.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2008, 10:00 AM

I do like that you guarantee that a no talent ass clown will sell a lot of CD's. If these people were really so talented, why don't they have deals already?

In case you hadn't noticed Zool, it's not just young kids that have cell phones.
:D

I actually know a lot of older people (my age) that follow the show. There has been some good talent found on the show. I'm not a huge fanatic, but I'll watch it on occasion. What's a better option, CSI Mankato. Network TV mostly stinks nowadays. Luckily, we have 100 ESPN channels, NFL Network, NHL Network, and Fox Sports to replace network TV.

To say none of these kids have talent because they weren't signed already is kind of a reach. Lots of good talent gets missed by the so-called experts for whatever reason. Lots of bad talent with good lucks gets thrown at us instead.

Zool
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
To guarantee that a guy is going to sell a lot of CD's because he's on a TV show is also a reach. See: Every contestant of this show except 3.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
To guarantee that a guy is going to sell a lot of CD's because he's on a TV show is also a reach. See: Every contestant of this show except 3.

That's true--although I'd say that the chances are pretty decent that a final four spot will give you at least moderate commercial success. Underwood, Daughtry, and Clarkson have had huge success. Aiken did very well with his first couple of albums. Pickler and Gracin are doing well. Studdard and Fantasia had success (1.8M records sold) with their debut albums, but bombed after that. Yamin's Indie record has done very well for an Indie record. Even the folks that have done "poorly" (Bice, Hicks) sold close to 700,000 records with their debut albums. Not bad compared to how the industry is doing right now.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
My mom and dad watch the show. I don't know why, but they are addicted to it like crack.

Zool
04-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Crazy. I never would have guessed that older people would be watching that show.

GBRulz
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM

That's true--although I'd say that the chances are pretty decent that a final four spot will give you at least moderate commercial success. Underwood, Daughtry, and Clarkson have had huge success. Aiken did very well with his first couple of albums. Pickler and Gracin are doing well. Studdard and Fantasia had success (1.8M records sold) with their debut albums, but bombed after that. Yamin's Indie record has done very well for an Indie record. Even the folks that have done "poorly" (Bice, Hicks) sold close to 700,000 records with their debut albums. Not bad compared to how the industry is doing right now.

Jordin Sparks (last year's winner) is also doing very well. I think her debut album just went platinum.

GBRulz
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
you cant avoid hearing sound bites, come on its everywhere. I dont watch network tv very much anyway-so I wouldnt even know where to find it.

p.s. are you a 15 yo girl? Just askin'

With that kind of logic, you probably could watch Bear game highlights and think they are a good team, too.

So now only 15 year old girls can like Idol? :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
I wonder what the demographics are. Like I said, I know a lot of older people that watch the show.

Freak Out
04-24-2008, 12:22 PM

If it's really about watching the musicians, then you should check out Austin City Limits. If you like watching the drama of somebody getting voted off every week, then keep watching Idol.

Sage advice...I can not stand to watch Idol but always watch Austin City Limits.

Partial
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM

Yes, there have been some bad contestants, but the people that are on their have WAY more talent than your fall out boy, panic at the disco, etc.

This is the shows 6th season I think, and Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Kelly Clarkson, Jordan Sparks, Clay Aiken, etc have all made it pretty darn big.

Partial
04-24-2008, 12:27 PM

Jordin Sparks (last year's winner) is also doing very well. I think her debut album just went platinum.

That song No Air with Chris Brown is a hot jam. I LOVE that song.

Partial
04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
I wonder what the demographics are. Like I said, I know a lot of older people that watch the show.

I would be curious to know as well. I bet a ton of families watch it together. I would think its more popular with parents than teens. Just like dancing with the stars, etc.

Zool
04-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Yes, there have been some bad contestants, but the people that are on their have WAY more talent than your fall out boy, panic at the disco, etc.

This is the shows 6th season I think, and Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Kelly Clarkson, Jordan Sparks, Clay Aiken, etc have all made it pretty darn big.

FOB and Panic at the Disco are schlubs to be sure, but they've sure sold a lot of records.

Lets equate this to football. There are guys who are athletic as hell but they just plain suck at football. Some singers can hit every note imaginable but their creativity and originality are so lacking that no amount of singing prowess will ever help them be any good.

This is what I see most of the time I watch AI. These kids are so coached up by the people behind the stage that they all become clones of every other contestant. They are so lacking in any creativity that I cant stand to watch it.

the_idle_threat
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
The handful of times I've seen Idol over the past few years is when I visit my parents during the week. They've been watching it for years. But they don't vote.

sheepshead
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
hey whatever floats your boat. I dont know anyone that watches it either, at least it never comes up in conversation. It would never even occur to me to turn it in.

BallHawk
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm actually excited for Idol this week.

Neil Diamond is boss.

BallHawk
04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Mediocrity.

Why nobody sang "Love on the Rocks" is beyond me.

Archuleta's voice is too juvenille for him to win the competition.

Syesha will go home even though Castro is by far the worst.

GBRulz
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM
WHY is Castro still here? Lots of dreadheads out there voting for him or what?

I would like to see Syesha and David C in the finale, but I'm sure it will be a double David finale. Arch has an incredible voice, but he's so young. Has no stage presence at all.

Partial
05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
WHY is Castro still here? Lots of dreadheads out there voting for him or what?

I would like to see Syesha and David C in the finale, but I'm sure it will be a double David finale. Arch has an incredible voice, but he's so young. Has no stage presence at all.

He picks awful songs as well in regards to Arch.

Dreadhead is still there because of his stupid smile and ugly teeth. For some reasons chicks think he's charming.

LL2
05-01-2008, 10:08 AM
but I'm sure it will be a double David finale.

I bet your right. The bad boy rocker against the pretty boy teeny bopper.

woodbuck27
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Cook will win the Idol now with the ypong fella as a close runner up. Why that blonde maried girl that plays piano has survived is beyond me.

Carly ( Irish gal) should still be there, as well as one of the fellas that went down early in April ( the fella from Australia or New Zealand, aa well as the Black American gal.

I's all anti-climatic now. Not up on Paula Abdul's Foo Fa as yet on Tuesday night past, but she''ll explain heself free of that. :D

GBRulz
05-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Finally....Jason Castro is gone.:glug:

Next week is the finale and while I think David Cook should win, it's a closer race than I thought. Last night Ryan said there were 54 million votes and that less than a million votes separated the top 3 vote getters. That's insane.

LL2
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm rooting for the kid. He may not be where David Cook is yet...but I think he's the most gifted. He was born with the talent. He just needs to be packaged better.

Partial
05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I liked Castro. He had a unique charm.

GBRulz
05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm rooting for the kid. He may not be where David Cook is yet...but I think he's the most gifted. He was born with the talent. He just needs to be packaged better.

Arch def has the best voice, but he's boring to watch. I think most 8 year olds are more socially tuned than this kid is.

LL2
05-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Arch def has the best voice, but he's boring to watch. I think most 8 year olds are more socially tuned than this kid is.

I agree. That's why I said someone needs to package him better. Make him more appealing to teen of today. Teach him how to dance...something...anything. I think he needs to take some risk in the next couple weeks to win it all.

Partial
05-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Arch has the best voice to go on the show yet imo. Extremely talented but his song selection sucks and his stage presence sucks. Cook is a rock star. I still think the kid will win though.

GBRulz
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
The big question with Arch, does he go on with his career after H.S. or go on his two-year mission for the LDS church?

winner or not, David Cook will be going places.

Partial
05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Cook will sell more records, I definitely agree, but Archuleta will have many opportunities to sing in opera and broadway, etc.

GBRulz
05-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Arch in Broadway? No, But I can see him singing some kind of Christian music or something.

I can def see Syesha on Broadway, though.

David A's Dad is now banned from backstage.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080510/ap_en_tv/american_idol_7

red
05-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I liked Castro. He had a unique charm.

yeah, he had that special charm like he took it in the ass 3 times a day

the kid looks kind of...... gomery to me. he just doesn't look right to me

and i've never even see the other 2 sing, so i can't comment. haven't watched much of the show this year. none of them has really stood out to me as being any more talented then i can find at a local bar on the weekends

BallHawk
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, Archuleta will win.

Cook bombed. His 3rd song choice needed to be great and it wasn't. He should of done Billy Jean or something that he could make his own. That song would of been great for the top 8, but in the finale that isn't good enough. His 2nd song was just crap.

I think Archuleta needs this win more than Cook because Archuleta needs to be packaged and marketed right considering how raw he is. I'm sure he'll be made up into a teenage heartthrob in no time. I still think Cook will do well, possibly better, than Archuleta, it just depends how well Archuleta does.

This season was kinda anti-climactic really. The two we expected to make the final did and then when the final came it was a blowout.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Show is scripted. It was written all over Cook's face.

Partial
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Well, Archuleta will win.

Cook bombed. His 3rd song choice needed to be great and it wasn't. He should of done Billy Jean or something that he could make his own. That song would of been great for the top 8, but in the finale that isn't good enough. His 2nd song was just crap.

I think Archuleta needs this win more than Cook because Archuleta needs to be packaged and marketed right considering how raw he is. I'm sure he'll be made up into a teenage heartthrob in no time. I still think Cook will do well, possibly better, than Archuleta, it just depends how well Archuleta does.

This season was kinda anti-climactic really. The two we expected to make the final did and then when the final came it was a blowout.

:lol: :lol: I actually think Cook has it on lockdown. It's funny how we flip-flopped. He is more popular but Archuletta is more talented. But, he has the personality of a wall and Cook is a heart throb.

I thought his third song was good. I kind of liked his second song too. I really like that song and that is the kind of record that he'll sell several million of. Archuleta was a weiner and sang the same song twice. I think thats really dumb and kind of a cop-out.

We'll see tomorrow, but I've got my money on Cook heading into the event.

Pack-man
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Archuleta sang very well, but he sang 3 ballets. That all he can sing.

Cook showed his versatlily. He sang 3 very different songs.

Archuleta will most likely win. That has pretty much been a forgone conclusion for since the beginning. Cook will be the star! He has much more personality & range to become more successful.

BallHawk
05-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, did not see that coming. Cook by 12 million votes? Wow. I was shocked.

Good for him, though, he's the best all-around performer of the two.

Partial
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow, did not see that coming. Cook by 12 million votes? Wow. I was shocked.

Good for him, though, he's the best all-around performer of the two.

*swish*

GBRulz
05-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, David Cook wins!!!

Both David's are very talented in their own way though.

I'm taking my niece to the Idol concert tour next month. Should be a good time.

OT but Ticketmaster charged me $12 for each ticket as a convenience fee. Plus $5 order fee. WTF is so convenient about that??

Partial
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTXOpVOWrA

my favorite song from any musical

bobblehead
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM

She's a good singer, but she shouldn't of played the piano. Let me say in the first place, the contestants shouldn't be allowed to play instruments. It is a singing competition and letting a contestant play their own instrument gives them an unfair advantage. In the case of this girl, she should of left the piano. She could play the song, but not in the way that she could play piano and sing naturally at the same time. She was focusing more on the piano part than the singing part.

I rarely reply to pure rascist ignorance, but if you are gonna insult someone and smear them based soley on their race you might as well get it right. Ramiele is phillipino not thai. And being thai or phillipino and automatically being assosciated with prostitution is a gross and disgusting display of ignorance and intolerance on your part.

Try living your life in an impoverished corrupt 3rd world country for awhile then talk stupid. I feel a ton of pity for these girls who are often sold into prostitution as teenagers and sick pervs like you not only make it possible by paying for it, but propagate the crime by branding any young asian girl a prostitute with no reason to make such an assertion what so ever. I am not for censorship, but I do believe in pointing out what a complete disgusting piece of shit you come across as when you exercise your first amendment right.

BallHawk
05-22-2008, 02:38 PM
You've been here for not even 3 weeks. Don't try judging what person I am and what level of "ignorance" I omit. If you find that kind of joke offensive, sorry, but if you get offended by something like that than you're going to find yourself offended a lot on this forum. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean or anything like that, I'm glad to have you at PR, but don't go out trying to judge somebody on your 8th post. I've been here for two years and people sure as hell know I would never say anything like that with purposefully cruel intentions.

bobblehead
05-22-2008, 02:59 PM
You've been here for not even 3 weeks. Don't try judging what person I am and what level of "ignorance" I omit. If you find that kind of joke offensive, sorry, but if you get offended by something like that than you're going to find yourself offended a lot on this forum. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean or anything like that, I'm glad to have you at PR, but don't go out trying to judge somebody on your 8th post. I've been here for two years and people sure as hell know I would never say anything like that with purposefully cruel intentions.

Yes, the number of posts you have excuses your offensive speech, my bad. Forgive me if I believe there is a special place in hell for those who sexually exploit or imply that its somehow normal to sexually exploit certain disadvantaged people.

BallHawk
05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes, making a joke about prostitution is the same as pimping prostitutes, right. :roll:

sheepshead
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM

okay...this is a joke right?

were discussing fucking show tunes and game shows now??

Charles Woodson
05-22-2008, 05:11 PM

Yes, the number of posts you have excuses your offensive speech, my bad. Forgive me if I believe there is a special place in hell for those who sexually exploit or imply that its somehow normal to sexually exploit certain disadvantaged people.
Chill out dude, it was a joke, if he offended you, then im sure hes sorry.

bobblehead
05-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I'll accept that he meant nothing by it. I work with enough asian women that have to put up with the sucky sucky long time crap from people who saw full metal jacket too many times and I know it does hurt them. Maybe I am simply sensitive to it because I witness it firsthand on a damn near daily basis, but I would bet if I had said the show has a hubcap thief someone would have all been all over me.

I tend to think that we are all too PC most of the time, but to call a girl a thai prostitute for the simple fact that she is asian still offended me. I guess I'll let it go with this post and get back to posting on politics and football. Like I said, I don't usually bother with this stuff but believe me...I was seriously offended and I don't get offended easily.

HarveyWallbangers
05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
And the prostitute is Ramiele Malubay. Looks like somebody you'd find in the Red Light District of Holland.

I can see your point in a way, bobblehead. Here. I fixed it.

Partial
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM

okay...this is a joke right?

were discussing fucking show tunes and game shows now??

What?

Music of the Night is the best song from ALW, the king of homos and musicals.