PDA

View Full Version : Brunell a Saint

KYPack
03-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I've wanted the Pack to sign a grizzled vet QB to back-up ARod. That field is reduced by one according to the Washington Post

"Quarterback Mark Brunell has signed with the New Orleans Saints, according to a league source. Brunell visited the Saints this week and also drew significant interest from Atlanta and Green Bay. He was the first player Joe Gibbs pursued after returning to coaching in 2004. He was the primary starter the next two seasons before losing his starting job to Jason Campbell midway through the 2006 season."

Trent Dilfer has been released by the Whiners.

Packers4Ever
03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I've wanted the Pack to sign a grizzled vet QB to back-up ARod. That field is reduced by one according to the Washington Post

"Quarterback Mark Brunell has signed with the New Orleans Saints, according to a league source. Brunell visited the Saints this week and also drew significant interest from Atlanta and Green Bay. He was the first player Joe Gibbs pursued after returning to coaching in 2004. He was the primary starter the next two seasons before losing his starting job to Jason Campbell midway through the 2006 season."

KYP. I have a feeling you can help with this one RE: Mark Brunell. In speaking with another female member of our family I had mentioned he might work for the Pack as Aaron's backup. She -(can set you straight on any subject,) told me he couldn't because he's left handed. I questioned this and was told the ball from the hand of a lefty doesn't spiral properly, therefore it won't work. OK, I got told. But it left me wondering and when I read your post I knew someone here would know. Would Brunell possibly have worked for us ?? Thanks, KY, :wink:

BF4MVP
03-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I actually wouldn't mind bringing in Dilfer

KYPack
03-14-2008, 01:09 AM

KYP. I have a feeling you can help with this one RE: Mark Brunell. In speaking with another female member of our family I had mentioned he might work for the Pack as Aaron's backup. She -(can set you straight on any subject,) told me he couldn't because he's left handed. I questioned this and was told the ball from the hand of a lefty doesn't spiral properly, therefore it won't work. OK, I got told. But it left me wondering and when I read your post I knew someone here would know. Would Brunell possibly have worked for us ?? Thanks, KY, :wink:

Ken Stabler, Boomer Esiason, Steve Young and many other players were left handed QB's. Throwing a spiral depends on your throwing technique, not which hand you put your fork in.

Lefties do have a different trajectory on the ball that takes some getting used to. In general, quarterbacking is an equal handed opportunity.
Tell your pal she's wrong and mess with her, cause you are right this time.

Packers4Ever
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM

Ken Stabler, Boomer Esiason, Steve Young and many other players were left handed QB's. Throwing a spiral depends on your throwing technique, not which hand you put your fork in.

Lefties do have a different trajectory on the ball that takes some getting used to. In general, quarterbacking is an equal handed opportunity.

KY, this was my daughter-in-law and she knows everything if you get my drift. It sounded screwy to me, so thought I'd check my buddies right here and sure enough :roll: Thanks much !!
Judy
[/b]

KYPack
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
You tell that baby "Mom-In-Law knows best".

You've got the whole of PackerRats behind ya.

And to leave your son alone!

Little Whiskey
03-14-2008, 04:14 PM
they just give them left handed footballs.

Favre to ball boy, "got any left handed footballs?"

ball boy to favre, " :roll: "

Tyrone Bigguns
03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Reminds me of going camping in the scouts...we'd send the young kids to the commissary for 50 feet of shoreline or a left handed smoke bender.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Packers4Ever
03-14-2008, 04:37 PM
You tell that baby "Mom-In-Law knows best".

You've got the whole of PackerRats behind ya.

And to leave your son alone!

Man you have her pegged !! :P

twoseven
03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
KY, this was my daughter-in-law and she knows everything if you get my drift. It sounded screwy to me, so thought I'd check my buddies right here and sure enough :roll: Thanks much !!
Judy

Is she unaware of the fact that we drated Brunell in 93' and he served as Brett's backup for two years before we traded him to JAX.

She'll probably counter with, 'we traded him because he was left handed.'

Lurker64
03-14-2008, 06:18 PM

Yup, the only things in physics that knows the difference between left and right are neutrinos. Everything else is a product of biology and/or culture.

Packers4Ever
03-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Judy

Is she unaware of the fact that we drated Brunell in 93' and he served as Brett's backup for two years before we traded him to JAX.

She'll probably counter with, 'we traded him because he was left handed.'

twoseven, wouldn't surprise me a bit :wink:

SlimPickens
03-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Left handed the football spins in the opposite direction of right handed, same as left/right punting.