PDA

View Full Version : Dog Lovers?????

GrnBay007
03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
WOW........

I tried to post a picture of the dogs but wasn't able to. I'm actually shocked they looked healthy....well, at least the ones they showed. :(
How the heck could they feed that many dogs?

800 Dogs Seized From Mobile Home

TUCSON, Ariz. (March 12) - About 800 small dogs, including Chihuahuas, terriers and Pomeranians, were seized from a triple-wide mobile home whose occupants were overwhelmed trying to care for the animals, authorities said Wednesday.

Pima County sheriff's deputies and animal welfare officials who removed the dogs also found 82 caged parrots in the home in a rural area northwest of Tucson.

Some dogs were pregnant and giving birth as they were taken to shelters in Tucson, said Jenny Rose, a spokeswoman for the Humane Society of Southern Arizona. Ninety-six dogs were taken from the house Monday and another 700 on Wednesday, she said.

"The home was definitely in very bad condition, urine and feces all over the home, in the kitchen and bedroom, with a very strong odor," she said. "Obviously, 800 dogs in a triple-wide mobile home, they were packed in there. That being said, they were in pretty good shape."

The elderly owners, who have not been identified, were apparently overwhelmed but have cooperated with authorities, sheriff's Sgt. James Ogden said. No charges have been filed, but authorities continue to investigate.

The animals appeared to have had enough food, but a few were missing paws - some from having been attacked by other animals, others apparently having caught their feet in fencing outside, Rose said.

The breeds included Chinese cresteds and Lhasa apsos. The owners were breeding and offering the dogs for sale, Rose said, but she described it as a hoarding case, in which elderly people sometimes feel no one else can give their animals a good home and won't part with them.

Deputies were alerted this month after a woman who bought a Chihuahua at the home reported the conditions, Ogden said.

The dogs living inside the house apparently had free run of the premises, Ogden said. Others were found in other structures on the property.

Ogden described the living conditions as "horrible, filth everywhere ... probably one of the worst (situations) I've ever seen."

The animals will be offered for adoption soon, Rose said, adding that a rescue group from Phoenix had taken 100 of the dogs.

Freak Out
03-13-2008, 11:22 PM
You could probably have smelled that place from a mile off. Yowza!

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 12:32 AM
It is truly mind boggling to read about cases like these where a little old lady has 100 cats, etc. We've had several of these cases out here in Oregon as well.

swede
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
A triple wide mobile home?

Lucky!

Harlan Huckleby
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
where is murph? :cry:

GrnBay007
03-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Since it's Sunday....and there's a Dog thread nearby.... :D

Lesson of the day......

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"
"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.
"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.
"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."
The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.
"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"
"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."
"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.
"There should be a bowl by the pump."
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.
The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.
"This is Heaven," he answered.
"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."
"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"
"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."

GBRulz
03-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Why are there no charges being filed against this couple? They were not simply animal hoarding, they were in business of breeding and selling these dogs. The conditions these dogs (also were 80 parrots in one crate) had to live in is pathetic.

It's no secret that I am an avid animal lover. No, I'm not PETA happy where you shouldn't eat meat because it kills cows, etc but when I hear of stories like this it just makes me sick.

Puppy mills and unhealthy breeding facilities like this will always thrive as long as people continue to buy cheap puppies. If people would buy from a reputable breeder or adopt an animal needing a home, these dumps would fade away.

GrnBay007
03-16-2008, 11:52 PM
If people would buy from a reputable breeder or adopt an animal needing a home, these dumps would fade away.

Adopt from the local Humane Society!!!! We got our lil Maggie there and she's a sweetie!! :D

Kiwon
03-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Dog Lovers????

The title of this thread had me worried for a moment.