PDA

View Full Version : Walker

LL2
03-14-2008, 08:32 AM
TT's only FA signing from last year signed with Atlanta. So, does that give TT no FA aquisitions for the past two years? He really must despise FA's.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
TT is a thief. He is embezzling the money so he can mak a break for Tahiti with our very own Justinharrell.

SkinBasket
03-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Actually I think he signed with Baltimore.

More importantly, I don't give a damned about FAs. As has been pointed out several times recently, the better teams are staying away from FAs more and more these days. Paying more than fair market value to bring a guy into what is many times a new system apparently isn't as good as an idea as it sounds.

GrnBay007
03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
make a break for Tahiti with our very own Justinharrell.

:lol: :lol:

send us a postcard.

Tony Oday
03-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah Minnesota and Washington have just been dominating the Super Bowl recently...

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 07:45 PM
TT is a thief. He is embezzling the money so he can mak a break for Tahiti with our very own Justinharrell.

He should be able to afford plenty of high-priced call girls with that kind of money!

ND72
03-16-2008, 03:27 PM
TT's only FA signing from last year signed with Atlanta. So, does that give TT no FA aquisitions for the past two years? He really must despise FA's.

John Clayton was talking about this last night on espn radio...of the "final 4" in the NFL last year (NE, SD, NYG, & GB) all depend on the draft to build their teams, and in the past 3 years, 10 of the final 12 all were built through the draft process. I'm fine with what TT is doing not breaking the bank with FA's, BUT...we have like what, 8 draft picks this year? Do we really have the room for 8 more guys on our team? I'd like to see him take those late rounders and move up in some rounds, BUT, TT is a Wolf guy, he loves the late round guys. I think he did make a good move in getting a #2 for Williams, so we'll have 3 of the top 60 picks. That'll be fun. (unless those 3 turn in to 10 picks the next day, then I might be angry).

and seriously, would anyone rather do it the way Detroit & Minnesota are trying to do it through FA's? (especially Detroit)...Since Matt Millen has been there, they've had 12 1st&2nd round picks....4 are still on the team (is what I think John Clayton said) and 5 were cut this week. I like Matt Millen.

Bretsky
03-16-2008, 03:33 PM

John Clayton was talking about this last night on espn radio...of the "final 4" in the NFL last year (NE, SD, NYG, & GB) all depend on the draft to build their teams, and in the past 3 years, 10 of the final 12 all were built through the draft process. I'm fine with what TT is doing not breaking the bank with FA's, BUT...we have like what, 8 draft picks this year? Do we really have the room for 8 more guys on our team? I'd like to see him take those late rounders and move up in some rounds, BUT, TT is a Wolf guy, he loves the late round guys. I think he did make a good move in getting a #2 for Williams, so we'll have 3 of the top 60 picks. That'll be fun. (unless those 3 turn in to 10 picks the next day, then I might be angry).

and seriously, would anyone rather do it the way Detroit & Minnesota are trying to do it through FA's? (especially Detroit)...Since Matt Millen has been there, they've had 12 1st&2nd round picks....4 are still on the team (is what I think John Clayton said) and 5 were cut this week. I like Matt Millen.

Building through the draft in this day is clearly the best way to go; that being said it would not hurt to do something.

This year there were a couple OG's that would have provided definite upgrades. I'm a bit suprised TT didn't make a move there.

I think it was a Silverstein chat a couple weeks ago that noted it was his view that the OG position was in need of a clear upgrade with other players; but then he went on to say that he thinks TT feels he has the guys in camp already who will develop into very good players.

I'm half on board with Spitz; but Colledge, Coston, and Moll have a ways to go IMO

ND72
03-16-2008, 03:38 PM

Building through the draft in this day is clearly the best way to go; that being said it would not hurt to do something.

This year there were a couple OG's that would have provided definite upgrades. I'm a bit suprised TT didn't make a move there.

I think it was a Silverstein chat a couple weeks ago that noted it was his view that the OG position was in need of a clear upgrade with other players; but then he went on to say that he thinks TT feels he has the guys in camp already who will develop into very good players.

I'm half on board with Spitz; but Colledge, Coston, and Moll have a ways to go IMO

I know I read that James Campen said that Barbre kid made "huge strides" through last year, so he's a possible guy to compete as well. Building through the draft is the way to go, but TT has to be willing to fork out $$$ to keep them, which I think he has shown he'll do, opposed to New England types.

b bulldog
03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Barbre will be a starter next season imo and hopefully DC is the heir apparent at LT

Bretsky
03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Barbre will be a starter next season imo and hopefully DC is the heir apparent at LT

Babre needs to get a lot more stronger to have a chance to start...at least that's what the post season interviews brought out on the radio