PDA

View Full Version : What is the strongest unit on the Packers?

RashanGary
05-28-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm gonna vote for LB's.

Homer Jay
05-28-2006, 01:23 AM
You said unit!

I said LB also. They have a chance to be deep and good.

Tarlam!
05-28-2006, 02:17 AM
I went with the DBs. Hawk is likely to become a perennial Pro Bowler. I love the upside of Hodge and if it were me, I would accerlerate his learning curve and throw him in the middle on Game 1 and, barring injury, leave him there.

Even though Barnett has some decent numbers, he usually doesn't account for much loss of yardage or turnovers. He's reliable, but not special. I think he will become our 4th best LB during the season.

Now, look at this group compared to the DBs.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2006, 07:01 AM
DBs right now. LBs have great potential to become the best in the NFL but the DBs are loaded and with Harrisment and Woodson (if healthy) they have one of the best if not the best starting CB tandem in the NFL. Carroll was really coming on last season. I even expect to see him take over Harris spot this season. Hawkins is reported to have put on some weight and not lost any speed. HE may turn out to be a good one. You got Nick "da-sick" Collins who was just popping fools all season last year. He hit Chad Johnson so hard he made him forget about his "DBs that he beat" list. Collins is just a bad bad dude. He is fast and brutal. Then Roman and Manuel are going to have to slug it out for the other spot, for sure whoever gets it gonna play hard to keep it.

Look for opposing passing games to get shutdown this season.

GBRulz
05-28-2006, 08:58 AM
#4- 'nuff said :wink:

The Leaper
05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
DBs for now...Harris and Woodson are proven starters, and Carroll is a capable reserve.

Hawk, Hodge, and Taylor haven't even played a down yet for Green Bay. The LBs have more potential...but they aren't the strongest link just yet.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2006, 11:04 PM
ya, linebackers are too raw to evaluate, let alone declare the best unit.