PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

GrnBay007
03-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Anyone ever use this? Did you like it?

Freak Out
03-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Anyone ever use this? Did you like it? I loved the service after they got the "Alaska mail thing" figured out.....in fact it was hard to watch all the movies I was getting they were coming so fast.

Charles Woodson
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone ever use this? Did you like it?

Yes, my mom gets it and they are incredibly fast, and good selection

Tyrone Bigguns
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I liked it, but now i use redbox quite a bit.

GBRulz
03-14-2008, 08:27 PM
yes, I've tried out both Netflix and Blockbuster. I liked Netflix better because it was only a day mail time, much faster. You can download movies on your pc now, too.

Harlan Huckleby
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Netflix is an amazingly good deal. I've been a member about 5 years now.

Blockbuster is terrible for reason GBrulz mentioned. Blockbuster might work well for somebody who doesn't like to watch many movies, 1 per week or so. They do give a little bonus of free coupons from the stores. Frankly I just found that "bonus" to be irritating, their stores have such pathetically small inventories.

Tony Oday
03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I am watching a netflix movie right now :) It is a great service and for a guy like me who can never return a movie on time its great. They have every movie I have ever wanted to know. I would recomend it.

twoseven
03-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Netflix is going the way of Blueray for those with the capability.

red
03-14-2008, 09:50 PM
i'm glad you brought this up dub-o

i've been thinking about getting this for awhile too

LL2
03-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I have never used Netflix. I've used Blockbuster DVD by mail for 3 years now and like it a lot. We do the 3 at a time, and what I like is if we watch all 3 in one night (did that a couple times watching 24) I can go down the street to Blockbuster and grab the next 3. The Blockbuster by me is only 3 or 4 minutes away, so maybe Netflix would be better if you do not live really close to one. I like the convenience of getting them in the mail and at the store.

GrnBay007
03-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Someone at work today suggested Netflix when I was complaining about late fees.... :oops: .....but it happens. Sometimes I feel it would be cheaper to buy the DVD then to rent it and pay a late fee. Netflix seems like a solution so I'm happy to hear all the positive comments about it. I see they offer a free two week trial.

Zool
03-14-2008, 10:42 PM
LOVE Netflix. There is a distro hub in MPLS so my movies take one day to get here, and one day to get back.

Partial
03-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Someone at work today suggested Netflix when I was complaining about late fees.... :oops: .....but it happens. Sometimes I feel it would be cheaper to buy the DVD then to rent it and pay a late fee. Netflix seems like a solution so I'm happy to hear all the positive comments about it. I see they offer a free two week trial.

Netflix is nice. I do their 2 movie a month thing. I got it as a Christmas gift for a few months and just kept using it.

BallHawk
03-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I have never used Netflix. I've used Blockbuster DVD by mail for 3 years now and like it a lot. We do the 3 at a time, and what I like is if we watch all 3 in one night (did that a couple times watching 24) I can go down the street to Blockbuster and grab the next 3. The Blockbuster by me is only 3 or 4 minutes away, so maybe Netflix would be better if you do not live really close to one. I like the convenience of getting them in the mail and at the store.

That's the same reason we have Blockbuster. The shipping time is about a day longer both ways compared to Netflix (which we had used for a long time.) Both have very good selections but Blockbuster's option of returning movies to the store is definitely the extra feature that puts it over the top. But if you don't have a Blockbuster near you, Netflix would be the way to go.

Jimx29
03-15-2008, 01:06 AM
You can download movies on your pc now, too.Actually I believe that you can watch movies by streaming them on your computer, not download them. :?:

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2008, 02:15 AM
You can download movies on your pc now, too.Actually I believe that you can watch movies by streaming them on your computer, not download them. :?:

download, stream.

you shut the fuck up.

besides, GBRulz is just a girl, and you're confusing her pretty little head.

MJZiggy
03-15-2008, 08:30 AM
What's got you so suicidal this morning?

Jimx29
03-15-2008, 02:18 PM

download, stream.

you shut the fuck up.

besides, GBRulz is just a girl, and you're confusing her pretty little head.Download = You have on your machine and then can burn it/share it

Stream means you can watch it. Period

I'm confident she fully understands that :)

GBRulz
03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Actually, if you boys had a clue, you'd know that someone hacked, er, I mean designed a program that strips the Microsoft DRM technology from this and allows one to download, keep, share, blah blah blah, the movies the get online from Netflix.

8-) :twisted: :lol:

So, once again I say DOWNLOAD - but some say stream. How about we just say WATCH movies online from Netflix? :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Sounds like somebody is owed an apology.

Apologize, Numb.

Scott Campbell
03-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I'll apologize for Harlan's consistently absurd behavior - because God knows he never will.

Jimx29
03-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds like somebody is owed an apology.

Apologize, Numb.

Hmm...lets see:

I'm confident she fully understands that :)

download, stream.

you shut the fuck up.

besides, GBRulz is just a girl, and you're confusing her pretty little head.

Looks to me that you need to get the sand out of your vagina and apologize to her for that disrespectful shot at her for being "just a girl"

As for you apologizing to me....save it. Trust me, my life will go on just fine without your approval of how I post what I post. :)