Charles Woodson
03-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Source: Falcons to trade Hall for Raiders' second-round pick in '08 draft

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

DeAngelo Hall

Hall
The Atlanta Falcons have reached an agreement in principle with the Oakland Raiders to trade cornerback DeAngelo Hall for the Raiders' second-round pick in the 2008 draft, pending the Raiders finalizing a contract with Hall, according to a source close to the Falcons.

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Hall is a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

BallHawk
03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Al Davis' pharmacist is going to be in some deep shit. The guy is clearly off his meds and going on a spending-spree.

I honestly don't understand how you can run a franchise this badly.

twoseven
03-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Of course they can wheel and deal on some of their contracts yet, but OAK was less than 7 mil below the cap line before they agreed to terms with hall. hall opposite asomugha, that's some damn expensive CBs, but good. hall's deal should all but wipe that 6.5mil gap out. they have the #4 in the draft and how the hell do they expect to pay for it, now they are without their second round pick too? hey, do i smell a trade with DAL on the horizon for barber and some picks? if not i look forward to seeing how al davis is going to squeeze it all in. anticipating an uncapped 2010? with this latest big payday they handed out it would appear (to me) they will not be signing quinn gray (who we supposedly made an offer to), so is Gray now GB bound? hey maybe Gray's going to OAK too. mo money, mo money, mo money.

3irty1
03-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Of course they can wheel and deal on some of their contracts yet, but OAK was less than 7 mil below the cap line before they agreed to terms with hall. hall opposite asomugha, that's some damn expensive CBs, but good. hall's deal should all but wipe that 6.5mil gap out. they have the #4 in the draft and how the hell do they expect to pay for it, now they are without their second round pick too? hey, do i smell a trade with DAL on the horizon for barber and some picks? if not i look forward to seeing how al davis is going to squeeze it all in. anticipating an uncapped 2010? with this latest big payday they handed out it would appear (to me) they will not be signing quinn gray (who we supposedly made an offer to), so is Gray now GB bound? hey maybe Gray's going to OAK too. mo money, mo money, mo money.

I'll remember to give you props when the cowboys trade up now.

twoseven
03-15-2008, 09:51 PM

I'll remember to give you props when the cowboys trade up now.
Leaper's avatar tells the whole story.

I would still be surprised to see OAK trade away from McFadden. Davis spent (if the trade and sign of Hall goes through) 25-30 mil of cap in the last month, all the OAK fans got in guranteed playmaker is Hall and Asomugha stayng put. Those Raider nation fans might go Colombian soccer fan on his ass if he trades the #4.

Charles Woodson
03-15-2008, 10:11 PM
hall opposite asomugha, that's some damn expensive CBs, but good.

See this is the thing, i never thought hall was that good, now i mean it looks to be pretty good, but doesnt this seem like a repeat of last offseason when the broncos got dre bly to complement bailey, well teams just threw to bly and destroyed him, i could see the same thing happening to hall

twoseven
03-16-2008, 06:26 AM

See this is the thing, i never thought hall was that good, now i mean it looks to be pretty good, but doesnt this seem like a repeat of last offseason when the broncos got dre bly to complement bailey, well teams just threw to bly and destroyed him, i could see the same thing happening to hall
For my money, I don't put Bly on the same level as Hall. But it's OAK, when the last time any two Raiders have played well at the same time, 2002?

Rastak
03-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Al Davis' pharmacist is going to be in some deep shit. The guy is clearly off his meds and going on a spending-spree.

I'll agree some of their moves seem rather loco but Hall for 2nd works for me. You think he's not worth a 2?

BallHawk
03-16-2008, 10:10 AM

I'll agree some of their moves seem rather loco but Hall for 2nd works for me. You think he's not worth a 2?

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

That's what I have a problem with, Ras. Personally, I wouldn't want him on my team for anything, but giving a 2nd is logical. However, Asante Samuel type money? That's crazy.

twoseven
03-16-2008, 12:58 PM

That's what I have a problem with, Ras. Personally, I wouldn't want him on my team for anything, but giving a 2nd is logical. However, Asante Samuel type money? That's crazy.
..and what are they going to end up doing with Asomugha if they do agree on Samuel type money? He'll either demand the same or threaten to walk after next year. Until they agree on something he'll be making 10 mil in 08' for the franchise they laid on him.

Partial
03-16-2008, 09:49 PM

I don't know how good Hall is, but I know Asomugha is right up there in Champ's league. If they are looking to deal Asomugha for whatever reason, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. He's young and excellent.

I would venture a guess you're correct in that he'll be the one to get picked on. That, or Asomugha is going to be traded. Hopefully to GB for one of those seconds! :D

Charles Woodson
03-17-2008, 08:12 PM

I don't know how good Hall is, but I know Asomugha is right up there in Champ's league. If they are looking to deal Asomugha for whatever reason, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. He's young and excellent.

I would venture a guess you're correct in that he'll be the one to get picked on. That, or Asomugha is going to be traded. Hopefully to GB for one of those seconds! :D

then again, who wouldnt you try to get? lol

BallHawk
03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
HOLD THE PRESSES!

Hall Deal May Fall Apart

There are conflicting reports about the trade to send Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders.

Over the weekend, the trade was widely reported to be all but signed, sealed and delivered. Today Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the trade is nearly final.

But Hall himself denied that the trade was close. And Adam Schefter reported today on NFL Network that the sides are not as optimistic that the deal will get done as they previously were.

“It doesn’t look like, right now, this trade is going to come to be,” Schefter reported today.

The Falcons and Raiders appear to have agreed in principle that the trade will consist of the Falcons sending second- and sixth-round picks to the Raiders, but the Raiders are only interested in consummating the trade if they’ve worked out a contract that will keep Hall happy, and right now no such contract is in place.

If a contract agreement is reached, Hall will be a Raider. If not, this trade isn’t happening.

PFT.com

DonHutson
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Deal's done and the number being thrown around for Hall's new contract is $70M!!

I'll admit to being moderately intrigued by Hall, but that's a lot of money for a guy who may be a chronic locker room lawyer pain in the ass type.

BallHawk
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
70 MILLION!

I'm honestly at a loss for words.

packers11
03-18-2008, 05:20 PM
70 MILLION!

I'm honestly at a loss for words.

I'm not... Its Al Davis

Partial
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
He is really overrated.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-18-2008, 08:10 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports DeAngelo Hall will sign a seven-year, $70 million contract with the Raiders.

However, as NFL Network's Adam Schefter has reported, the deal is far from done. The sides haven't agreed on exact compensation. Hall is flying to meet with owner Al Davis on Wednesday night and if all goes well, will sign the most lucrative contract for a cornerback in league history. Nate Clements' deal was for seven years, $64 million (not eight years, $80 million). Hall's signing bonus and amount of guaranteed money is still unknown.