PDA

View Full Version : 2007-8 offseason

b bulldog
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't posted as much as of late because I can't keep up with all the news coming out of 1265 :lol:

This must be the most boring offseason ever. The one big news was the retirement of #4 but besides that

Bretsky
03-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I haven't posted as much as of late because I can't keep up with all the news coming out of 1265 :lol:

This must be the most boring offseason ever. The one big news was the retirement of #4 but besides that

Last year the only offseason news was Frank Walker so we've set the standard for boring; that will be tough to live up to :lol:

b bulldog
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I just got home from a weekend away from all news ect and I was hoping we may have had a little news or a rumor or something to get excited about.

red
03-16-2008, 07:51 PM
last year there was at least a little excitment thinking TT might do something. this year we all know he'll do nothing

and with us picking so late and with no glarring neads, its tough to get excited about anyone in the draft

just blah

Lurker64
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Last year the only offseason news was Frank Walker so we've set the standard for boring; that will be tough to live up to :lol:

I personally think that Joe Toledo will make more of a contribution this year than Frank Walker did last year. I'm excited.

Packers4Ever
03-16-2008, 08:51 PM
How long since we saw our last game? Every Sunday I'm waking up and first thought is - 'who do we play today?' And then it's oh yeah, there IS no game today. Or next month, or the month after and on and on....
There will be no FA's and heaven knows what will come from the draft. My daughter-in-law keeps asking me, is TT ever going to beef up that O Line ? Does he have an 800 number I can direct her to so she can yak with him about an O Line and oh yes, a QB !! Has to be experienced too ! Does no good to remind her we have a good QB just waiting his chance and he deserves the chance. Of course I realize there has to be a # 2.

OK that's enough out of me tonight, I feel better now, everybody have a good Monday !! :D
Judy

Bretsky
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
How long since we saw our last game? Every Sunday I'm waking up and first thought is - 'who do we play today?' And then it's oh yeah, there IS no game today. Or next month, or the month after and on and on....
There will be no FA's and heaven knows what will come from the draft. My daughter-in-law keeps asking me, is TT ever going to beef up that O Line ? Does he have an 800 number I can direct her to so she can yak with him about an O Line and oh yes, a QB !! Has to be experienced too ! Does no good to remind her we have a good QB just waiting his chance and he deserves the chance. Of course I realize there has to be a # 2.

OK that's enough out of me tonight, I feel better now, everybody have a good Monday !! :D
Judy

TT thinks we're fine at OL; there was some solid OG help and it appears he had minimal interest and now for the most part the starters are signed.

MJZiggy
03-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Judy

Tell her to call 920-569-7500. And maybe remind her that babysitting TT is not your responsibility. What team does she root for anyway?

ND72
03-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out WHO you're expecting Teddy to go after. There are NO Free Agents worth going for, and the guy you could sign, MIGHT be worse than guys you could draft and bring in at your salary. So what is he suppose to be doing?

Bretsky
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm still trying to figure out WHO you're expecting Teddy to go after. There are NO Free Agents worth going for, and the guy you could sign, MIGHT be worse than guys you could draft and bring in at your salary. So what is he suppose to be doing?

Bell and Scott, former OG's from the Titans and Colts, were two young guys who IMO offer clear upgrades over any OG on our team. Maybe the guys we have develop into better players. Maybe they end up sub par. Who knows.

I am of the belief it'll be an extreme rarity that we pursue free agents; that being said it doesn't mean I have to like it :lol:

Packers4Ever
03-16-2008, 10:23 PM

Judy

TT thinks we're fine at OL; there was some solid OG help and it appears he had minimal interest and now for the most part the starters are signed.

OK Bretsky, I'm satisfied with that, if TT is happy with it, she dang well can be too. Thanks !