PDA

View Full Version : John Adams

packinpatland
03-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Premired tonight on HBO. I highly recommend it .....it was VERY good.
The book was good. This is great.

Harlan Huckleby
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
ya, that looked pretty good, with what's-his-face-mister-double-chin in lead role.

I'm too po for HBO. But I'm rich enough for netflix, it will be on DVD.

digitaldean
03-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Listened to the audio book version. David McCullough, the author (and narrator during the PBS Civil War miniseries) narrated it. He was fantastic.

I'm like HH. HBO is just a LEETLE beyond my budget. I'll check it out from my local library when it comes on DVD. I don't have to see it right away.

oregonpackfan
03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Premired tonight on HBO. I highly recommend it .....it was VERY good.
The book was good. This is great.

PIP,

Is the book version "1776" that you are referring to?

I have been meaning to reading it but haven't gotten around to it.

oregonpackfan
03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Listened to the audio book version. David McCullough, the author (and narrator during the PBS Civil War miniseries) narrated it. He was fantastic.

I'm like HH. HBO is just a LEETLE beyond my budget. I'll check it out from my local library when it comes on DVD. I don't have to see it right away.

Dean,

This winter, I was fortunate to have viewed Ken Burns' 9 set VHS on the Civil War. It was extremely well done.

Is this the same miniseries you are referring to or did David McCullough do a seperate miniseries?

GoPackGo
03-17-2008, 11:08 AM

I'm halfway through that John Adams book right now. I have to cross reference with a dictionary when I read it because David McCullough and some of the characters use words that I don't know or were used in the 1700's, but aren't anymore. Its a challenge but I'm enjoying it so far.

digitaldean
03-19-2008, 12:02 AM

Dean,

This winter, I was fortunate to have viewed Ken Burns' 9 set VHS on the Civil War. It was extremely well done.

Is this the same miniseries you are referring to or did David McCullough do a seperate miniseries?

That is the one. His narration as well as Garrison Keiler, Morgan Freeman, Sam Waterston, etc. was awesome.

BTW, I just got an audio tape of McCullough's biography on Harry Truman, looking forward to listening to that as well.