PDA

View Full Version : JS- "ANOTHER FREE AGENT SIGNS ELSEWHERE""

Bretsky
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/03/17/another-free-agents-signs-elsewhere.aspx

Scott Campbell
03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Kind of a misleading title. With 32 teams, you'd expect that 31 out of every 32 free agents would sign elsewhere if Ted signed an average amount of free agents. And we all know Ted is a little less than lukewarm on free agency.

Bretsky
03-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Kind of a misleading title. With 32 teams, you'd expect that 31 out of every 32 free agents would sign elsewhere if Ted signed an average amount of free agents. And we all know Ted is a little less than lukewarm on free agency.

I know; I was laughing as I posted it and only did so cuz of the cool title

It's free agency; what the heck else is there to do for a Packer fan than make jokes ??

Scott Campbell
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM

I know; I was laughing as I posted it and only did so cuz of the cool title

It's free agency; what the heck else is there to do for a Packer fan than make jokes ??

Find youtube clips of draft prospects? Invite Ted to do a PackerRats podcast? Track down Gil Brown and convince him to become a member? Drink green beer?

GBRulz
03-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Never thought that I'd hear GB and Washington in the same sentence as two of the only four teams yet to sign a FA. :shock:

Partial
03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Invite Ted to do a PackerRats podcast?

Hmmm.. The NFL ref that works at my office is evidently best friends with TT. Unfortunately, my only contact with the ref so far has been once or twice when he was picking up a print he made, and one time when I was buying some candy from the vending machine.

I'll see what I can do!! :lol:

swede
03-18-2008, 07:54 AM

Hmmm.. The NFL ref that works at my office is evidently best friends with TT. Unfortunately, my only contact with the ref so far has been once or twice when he was picking up a print he made, and one time when I was buying some candy from the vending machine.

Partial: "The Referino, picking up some copies. The Refmeister..."

NFL Ref: "Oh, hey Partial."

Partial: "The Zebra, talkin' to Patial, makin' small talk with the little guys."

NFL Ref: " Okay you can knock it off now."

Partial: "The Referator...flagging Partial for interference...walking away from the copy machine..."

Scott Campbell
03-18-2008, 08:39 AM

You can do it.

The Leaper
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
You can do it.

All night long.

BallHawk
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM

What? Overhearing how the Patriots are going to have the Super Bowl rigged for them doesn't count?

Partial
03-18-2008, 11:11 AM

What? Overhearing how the Patriots are going to have the Super Bowl rigged for them doesn't count?

That wasn't an interaction. That was him from his office on the phones. He has the ultimate second job to talk to clients about and whatnot. I have a hunch his NFL successes have helped out his professional career. Lucky, lucky guy.

BallHawk
03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Does the guy fly down to ref games on weekends and fly back up on Mondays?

That'd be a nice job.

Partial
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Does the guy fly down to ref games on weekends and fly back up on Mondays?

That'd be a nice job.

I think so. He's a higher-up, so he is gone a lot. He was gone for 3 straight weeks a few weeks back.

LL2
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Never thought that I'd hear GB and Washington in the same sentence as two of the only four teams yet to sign a FA. :shock:

Indy and San Diego are the other two, so maybe TT isn't in bad company by staying away from FA's.

GrnBay007
03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Free agent update

Two other free agents the Packers are trying to sign, linebacker Brandon Chillar of St. Louis and tight end Kris Wilson of Kansas City, appear willing to wait for more lucrative offers. The Packers had both in for visits and have made contract offers to each.

Chillar, a potential starter at strong-side linebacker, also has offers from the Rams and Arizona Cardinals. Wilson has an offer from the tight-end deep Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Bretsky
03-18-2008, 08:13 PM
By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Free agent update

Two other free agents the Packers are trying to sign, linebacker Brandon Chillar of St. Louis and tight end Kris Wilson of Kansas City, appear willing to wait for more lucrative offers. The Packers had both in for visits and have made contract offers to each.

Chillar, a potential starter at strong-side linebacker, also has offers from the Rams and Arizona Cardinals. Wilson has an offer from the tight-end deep Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Did you post this a precursor to others signing elsewhere ?? :lol: