PDA

View Full Version : WHAT ARE THE CHANCES..........

Packers4Ever
03-17-2008, 11:52 PM
OK, it's the Wednesday before a game this fall, and we have a home game on Sunday - A-Rod at QB - Joe Blow is back-up to him.

On Wednesday evening, Joe's great-great-great uncle dies, 500 miles away. The family is small and they've asked Joe to please join them for the funeral on Saturday. OK......

On Friday morning, A-Rod takes a fall at practice, XRay reveals 2 small ankle bones, fractured. You know what that means! Joe B. is not a bad QB but one with very little experience, he'd played a couple games the prior year with the Lions - or similar hard luck situation.

What to do ? In a case like this, do you think MM would put in a call to Brett to see if he was free on Sunday? Now this COULD happen so quit laughing! :smack: All possibilities have been exhausted. What's your honest feeling on handling this? Is this returning "legal" in this manner?

oregonpackfan
03-18-2008, 12:08 AM
I think you've been watching to many Made-for-TV sport movies! :)

Tony Oday
03-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Brett wouldnt do it...he has stated he can play the game but doesnt want to study for it.

Jimx29
03-18-2008, 12:29 AM
still stuck on the denial stage, eh? :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
I broached this subject before. It's the only way I could see him coming back. That's provided the Packers are in good shape record-wise, he stays in shape, and he misses the game a lot more than he thinks. I doubt it though.

Lurker64
03-18-2008, 01:01 AM
I think situations like this is why you keep three QBs on the roster. We'll have ARod, a veteran backup, and some guy we draft. If we know in advance that a couple of them won't be available, we can always get Aaron Brooks off his couch or something.

Jimx29
03-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Rick Mirer FTW!! :lol:

Scott Campbell
03-18-2008, 07:45 AM
If this were the Lifetime channel, I'd say it could happen.

BallHawk
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM

Rick Astley FTW!!

KYPack
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I think situations like this is why you keep three QBs on the roster. We'll have ARod, a veteran backup, and some guy we draft. If we know in advance that a couple of them won't be available, we can always get Aaron Brooks off his couch or something.

Noble sentiments P4E, but no, it ain't gonna happen.

I thought M3 might bring Brooks in, but I guess no go. I saw him when he ttried to go for the Raiders. Sheesh, he looked like he had never played the game. Kinda thought M3 would try to re-build him.

MadtownPacker
03-18-2008, 12:54 PM
I hate to be mean P4E but this is selfish of you to wish. He put in his time, he won the big one. He pretty much did it all. Not many people can say that about their job. He earned his retirement and left in way that had most of his doubters kissing his ass for one more year. I think that is what he meant when he said he was going out on top during his retirement press conference.

Zool
03-18-2008, 01:13 PM

Rick Astley FTW!!

Ashley Simpson FTW!!

Partial
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuEMeg8eQE

NCAA game got rick rolled

Chubbyhubby
03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
We will be caring 3 QB 's this season for sure. We will draft a QB in this year's draft most likely a 6th or 7th rounder. If the above situation happens then we play our Rookie. nuff said.

MJZiggy
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Even if he were going to come back, by that time he'd have filed his retirement papers and would have to negotiate a contract in a day for one game...and would he be in playing shape even if he were available? I can't imagine that he's hanging out at the house in Hattiesburg keeping up his core exercise routine that he's been doing the last few years in case A-Rod's backup has a funeral to go to. Ya just gotta let him go.

b bulldog
03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
tIME TO MOVE ON FOLKS

Packers4Ever
03-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey thanks for the good comments and helpful ideas, guys,
you made sense (most of you) which is more than I can say
for myself.

I would have been back in here yesterday but for the past 2
days I couldn't log on no matter how often I tried. Is that
preliminary to being kicked out? :( But anyway tonight the
'logger-inner' worked fine and it's good to be here again! :)

MadtownPacker
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Whenever you are having probs logging on shoot me an email me. But based on the fact you are able to get on today I would say it was PC or user issue. :D

Packers4Ever
03-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Whenever you are having probs logging on shoot me an email me. But based on the fact you are able to get on today I would say it was PC or user issue. :D

Thanks Mad, I'll remember, PC or user, in other words, me ! :shock:
Judy