PDA

View Full Version : Packers re-signed SS Atari Bigby

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Packers re-signed SS Atari Bigby, an exclusive rights free agent.

He started all 16 games in 2007 and finished with 86 tackles, five picks, and nine passes defended. The light seemed to flip on for Bigby late in the year when he emerged as a solid run supporter and a big hitter in the passing game. Bigby will be worth a long look as a DB2 this season in IDP leagues.

RashanGary
03-21-2008, 12:01 PM
What the hell is a DB2 in an IDP league?

3irty1
03-21-2008, 12:05 PM
What the hell is a DB2 in an IDP league?

Defensive Back 2 in an Individual Defensive Player fantasy football league

Congrats to Bigby and the Pack!

POLISHHAWK
03-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Bigby is gonna be a STAR. He is a Bob Sanders type of guy; he will get better in coverage with time.

mission
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
i love bigby!!

i want a jersey now!

MadtownPacker
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I love this signing! Great move by Ted. BIgby dosn't seem to be the type to let up either. He seems to take pride in knocking the crap out of people, WR or not.

Packers4Ever
03-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Bigby is gonna be a STAR. He is a Bob Sanders type of guy; he will get better in coverage with time.

:flag: YESSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

Brando19
03-21-2008, 01:13 PM
I want a Bigby jersey, too! I love that guy. It all started in the Seattle playoff game when he was hitting the crap out of players. He may....just may...have a bit of the "thug" vibe that Ahmad Carroll had...but I hope not.

Pack-man
03-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Excellent! I love the way Bigby hits! His coverage will get better with more experience!

MadtownPacker
03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Excellent! I love the way Bigby hits! His coverage will get better with more experience!Welcome to the forum man.

I hope Bigby lays owens crybaby ass out when he comes to GB in 08.

gbgary
03-21-2008, 08:27 PM
he really improved this year...especially the second half of the season. he's starting to get it.

BZnDallas
03-21-2008, 11:42 PM
i love bigby!!... and i think hes only going to get better with time... but i thought that about collins aswell and look where hes gotten us... we'll see, about both of them, my money is on bigby... 8-)

mission
03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I want a Bigby jersey, too! I love that guy. It all started in the Seattle playoff game when he was hitting the crap out of players. He may....just may...have a bit of the "thug" vibe that Ahmad Carroll had...but I hope not.

I hope he DOES have some thug in him!!! we need some hood running around and beating the shit out of people. AC was hardly thug... he was a pretty boy lil bitch!

MJZiggy
03-22-2008, 07:49 AM
i love bigby!!... and i think hes only going to get better with time... but i thought that about collins aswell and look where hes gotten us... we'll see, about both of them, my money is on bigby... 8-)

Hey BZ, welcome to the forum. I didn't see how long Bigby's contract is, but if it's a long one, I may have to order a jersey myself.

Bretsky
03-22-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it's a one year deal for 450G or so. This isn't much for news, but it's something.

We've signed our free agent; I'm ready for the draft now

Fritz
03-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Bretsky, your comment makes me curious - are there any other free agents out there that anyone wishes TT would sign now? I haven't been following it much, but it appears from a distance that what's left is kinda like picking through the discontinued items bin at the grocery store.

Bretsky
03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Bretsky, your comment makes me curious - are there any other free agents out there that anyone wishes TT would sign now? I haven't been following it much, but it appears from a distance that what's left is kinda like picking through the discontinued items bin at the grocery store.

When everybody has a loot of money if you are going to play in free agency you have to play early. The starting OG's seem gone. At this point I think it's just depth. There is in intriguing TE over at Kansas City names Kris Wilson who may have some pass catching potential that some in here like.

Chillar may actually have been about the best FA left, as sad as that is.

Stevogbfan
03-22-2008, 09:07 AM
great signing, the "D" is looking better all the time, is it football yet?

MadtownPacker
03-22-2008, 10:25 AM
great signing, the "D" is looking better all the time, is it football yet?The D better start looking better and fast because the days of regularly seeing the offense pump out 28+ points went out the window March 4th.

Welcome to the forum man.

Bretsky
03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
great signing, the "D" is looking better all the time, is it football yet?

Welcome to the forum Stevo

Love that sign !!! :bclap:

Iron Mike
03-22-2008, 02:28 PM

I hope he DOES have some thug in him!!! we need some hood running around and beating the shit out of people. AC was hardly thug... he was a pretty boy lil bitch!

Wayne Simmons was prolly the last thug GB had.

BZnDallas
03-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanx Ziggy... (i saw you play at bonnaroo last year, ziggy marley right? didn't know you were a packer fan, haha...j/k)... i like the chillar signing b/c i think it makes the 'd' more versitale (sp?)... i think ted might spend 2 of the first 3 picks this year on the 'd' (unless the right rb/te combo falls to us), which can help this year and with teds ability to draft will certainly help us years from now... damn, damn, damn... can't wait!!

Gunakor
03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanx Ziggy... (i saw you play at bonnaroo last year, ziggy marley right? didn't know you were a packer fan, haha...j/k)... i like the chillar signing b/c i think it makes the 'd' more versitale (sp?)... i think ted might spend 2 of the first 3 picks this year on the 'd' (unless the right rb/te combo falls to us), which can help this year and with teds ability to draft will certainly help us years from now... damn, damn, damn... can't wait!!

I'd imagine the first pick will be used on a cornerback since that position is deepest at the top of this years draft. I'd be more than suprised if he used one of his second round picks on defense though, especially after the Chillar FA signing. My guess is that he uses his 2 second round picks on an OT and either a RB or TE. I like RB Ray Rice from Rutgers at #56, and OT Heath Benedict from Newberry at #60.

Pack-man
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM

When everybody has a loot of money if you are going to play in free agency you have to play early. The starting OG's seem gone. At this point I think it's just depth. There is in intriguing TE over at Kansas City names Kris Wilson who may have some pass catching potential that some in here like.

I'd like to see them sign Kris Wilson also. There's usually another boat load of vets cut around June 1st. So they may still be another F.A. signed from that list!

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM

I'd like to see them sign Kris Wilson also. There's usually another boat load of vets cut around June 1st. So they may still be another F.A. signed from that list!

Hey, Welcome!

I also would like to sign that Kris Wilson guy. We really only have one capable TE on the roster and his signing thus wouldn't hinder us from drafting another TE in the draft. No reason not to bring the guy in and see what he can do.

BTW, I love Family Guy!

DonHutson
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
There's a lot of jubilation here over what was essentially a foregone conclusion. Bigby couldn't go anywhere else, so all that really happened is that he decided to sign his minimal offer instead of threatening a hold out for more money (ala Ryan Grant).

It's great that Bigby signed without any commotion, and I'm relatively confident he will earn himself a big raise this season. While I think Ted is doing a fine job, this isn't a move that took any great skill or imagination. It was mostly just paperwork.

As for future signings, Ted has a tougher task ahead of him with Grant. I would like to see the Packers show Grant some love and work out a reasonable incentive based compromise before things get out of hand.

At some point, we need to conjure up a #2 QB. Other than that, I'm content to get the best players we can out of the draft and plug any remaining holes afterward. The players that are left are more or less interchangable anyway.

mission
03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
yeah so while i admit to being an early jumper, i just hopped in here to kind of clear this "signing" up for myself...

so basically:

all this does from a strategic management standpoint is give us half the season to decide if you want to sign him to a "real" contract?

put me in the GM's seat Donny... what's the perspective of TT or even Bigby doing this. doesnt it potentially raise the tag a bit going into extension (another good year of performance) or are they playing the 50/50 game and thinking there wont be SUCH a significant play/performance increase by the time they resign where their price wont change too much and they'll take the freebie half season or whatever it turns out to be ...

now ive been drinkin some real good scotch tonight and even that paragraph confuses me a bit in reading back but a smart man should be able to figure out what im askin :D