PDA

View Full Version : Okay this isn't OT: Childress

Rastak
05-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Man I don't know what to make of this guy. I realize that even starting this thread is asking for trouble. As I mentioned in a different thread I honestly believe this dude is either a genius or a moron. *sigh* I guess I have to wait just like you guys do with McCarthy. Anyway, here's the Denny Green like thing I saw on KFFL....

Vikings | Wiggins slims down some
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:07:12 -0700

FoxSports.com reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins, who was listed at 6-2, 260 pounds last season, was noticeably thinner at the Vikings' second minicamp earlier this month. Head coach Brad Childress had told a group of players he wanted them to lose weight after the first minicamp. "That's nobody's business but ours," Childress said when asked who lost the most weight.

esoxx
05-28-2006, 08:05 PM
I agree with your take that Childress is a genius or a moron. I don't see him as anything in-between. Since geniuses like Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick are far and few between, I'm leaning he's a moron at this stage of the game. There are far more Rich Kotite and Bruce Coslet types than Walsh's and Belichick's.

McCarthy, if he succeeds, will be more along the lines of a Bill Parcells type, strict and blunt with his assessments. Of course, he could also turn out to be a Mike Tice too.

Rastak
05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree with your take that Childress is a genius or a moron. I don't see him as anything in-between. Since geniuses like Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick are far and few between, I'm leaning he's a moron at this stage of the game. There are far more Rich Kotite and Bruce Coslet types than Walsh's and Belichick's.

McCarthy, if he succeeds, will be more along the lines of a Bill Parcells type, strict and blunt with his assessments. Of course, he could also turn out to be a Mike Tice too.

Essox, should make the preseason interesting anyway.......

MadtownPacker
05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Im more worried about the vikings kicker then their coach or any other player on the team.

Rastak
05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Im more worried about the vikings kicker then their coach or any other player on the team.

There is a guy I'm not worried about.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2006, 09:26 PM

There is a guy I'm not worried about.
What I meant is that I'm worried about him winning some games, not screwing up. childress seems to have that under control. :wink:

This isn't OT, yes the vikings arent much of a football team being that they wear purple but the NFL accepts them as a team so we have have to as well.

RashanGary
05-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Without Culpepper or Moss, I don't see the Vikings as much of a threat. I just don't see any true playmakers.

Sharper creates turn overs, but how much longer can he do it?

Rastak
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Without Culpepper or Moss, I don't see the Vikings as much of a threat. I just don't see any true playmakers.

Sharper creates turn overs, but how much longer can he do it?

Hard to say Nick. I don't know what to expect with a whole new defense being installed. Darren can can play, that's for sure...but he ain't getting younger....

motife
05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
What I think is funny about Childress is he's been way too much of a big mouth, saying things he shouldn't be saying, especially as a rookie coach. He seems to have a little too much Mike Martz in him.

Rastak
05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
What I think is funny about Childress is he's been way too much of a big mouth, saying things he shouldn't be saying, especially as a rookie coach. He seems to have a little too much Mike Martz in him.

Yea, I'm with ya Motife.....

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 01:02 AM
I haven't been watching what Childress has been saying. As far as no big playmakers, well, that D-Line looks crazy O.K. if it comes together.

With Johnson at the controls, at least you know what you've got.

That rematk about weight by Childress seems like it must have been made when something was eating him. Anyway, TT supposedly wanted him 1st, so, my guess is the guy will put a team together.

Course, purple unis are good for 3 losses a a season.....

cpk1994
05-29-2006, 01:38 AM

Yea, I'm with ya Motife.....

Didn't Childress say at his first press conference that the Vikings job was the best in the league and that 9 out of 10 coaches would agree with him?

Guiness
05-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Man I don't know what to make of this guy. I realize that even starting this thread is asking for trouble.

Ahh, you don't have to worry about it right now - it's the offseason, and everyone's prett mellow.

Sorry - but I don't quite get what bothers you about that blurb. Wiggins losing weight, or the way he answered the reporter?

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Rastak,

Childress is an old Badger coach who has excelled at every job as a coach. Your Minnesota Badgers will be just fine with Childress.

B

Rastak
05-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Man I don't know what to make of this guy. I realize that even starting this thread is asking for trouble.

Ahh, you don't have to worry about it right now - it's the offseason, and everyone's prett mellow.

Sorry - but I don't quite get what bothers you about that blurb. Wiggins losing weight, or the way he answered the reporter?

Actually his Tarvaris Jackson quotes were pretty strange...he went on and on about how solid he was at calling the plays in the huddle....pretty odd. The Wiggins quote was more of a we don't need to tell you sort of thing. Anyway, I'm not really ragging on him...he seems a little odd that's all.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Ras - TMI! How can I begin to hate Childress if your doing it for me???

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Rastak,

Childress is an old Badger coach who has excelled at every job as a coach. Your Minnesota Badgers will be just fine with Childress.

B

I just want you to know that not all Badger fans agree with this. Bretsky is the ultimate homer. Actually, it's because of my two closer Badger friends that I didn't want Green Bay to hire Childress.
:D

And that was before he was hired by the Vikings.

Rastak
05-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Ras - TMI! How can I begin to hate Childress if your doing it for me???

I don't hate him at all....he's just real different from what I've seen. Again, he's either a genius or a nut.

Fritz
05-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe he's a mad genius AND a moron. Kind of like the Professor on Gilligan's Island. The dude could make a telephone out of monkey skulls and fossils, but he couldn't figure out how to rig a little boat out of the scrap from the Minnow.

mngolf19
05-30-2006, 12:10 PM

I think your right on with this Motife. Maybe he will grow out of it though, unlike Martz.

Bretsky
05-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Rastak,

B

I just want you to know that not all Badger fans agree with this. Bretsky is the ultimate homer. Actually, it's because of my two closer Badger friends that I didn't want Green Bay to hire Childress.
:D

And that was before he was hired by the Vikings.

I hope you are smarter than your friends :wink:

Cheers,
Bretsky