PDA

View Full Version : Corner Tandems

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 08:54 PM
As of right now, were do you think our corner tandem of al harris and charles woodson rank compared to the rest of the league?

As of right now I’d say they rank just outside the top 5, with at least the ravens, bears, bucs, eagles, and panthers having better corners. If harris and woodson have a good year together I think they will easily crack the top 5.

RashanGary
05-28-2006, 08:59 PM
I think the Packers have a nice group that is 5 deep.

Woodson
Harris
Carroll
Hawkins
Blackmon

I like that we have some good options being developed. We are good for a year or two with the starters we have, but the real promising thing is that we also have a group of backups that I believe are likely to develop into the CB's of tomorrow as well.

It's a far cry from Shermans back up plan at OG isn't it. Thompson doesn't just go all out for starters. He seems to build depth as well.

Pack0514
05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I think there will be questions marks...

1. Can Woodson recover from his leg injury.....
2. Has Harris lost a step with age.....

I guess we will see. It goes without saying but if they play well, the Packers will do well.

motife
05-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Vikings : CB : Antoine Winfield, Fred Smoot S: Darren Sharper, Tank Williams
Bears : CB : Nathan Vasher, Charles Tillman S: Chris Harris, Mike Brown
Lions : CB : Keith Smith, Dre' Bly S: Vernon Fox, Kenoy Kennedy
Packers : CB : Charles Woodson, Al Harris S: Nick Collins, Marquand Manuel

Cowboys:CB: Terrence Newman, Anthony Henry S: Roy Williams, Keith Davis
Redskins:CB: Carlos Rogers, Shawn Springs S: Sean Taylor, Adam Achuleta
Eagles:CB: Sheldon Brown, Roderick Hood S: Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis
Giants:CB: Jason Bell, Corey Webster S: Brent Alexander, Gibril Wilson

Seahawks:CB:Kelly Herndon, Marcus Trufaunt S:Ken Hamlin, Michael Boulware
Rams:CB:DeJaun Groce, Tye Hill S: Fakir Brown, Corey Chavous
Cards:CB: Eric Green, David Macklin S:Robert Griffith, Adrian Wilson
49ers:CB:Derrick Johnson, Shawnte Spencer S:Mike Adams, Ben Emanuel

Bucs:CB:Brian Kelley, Ronde Barber S:Dexter Jackson, Jermaine Phillips
Saints:CB:Mike McKenzie, Fred Thomas S: Dwight Smith, Josh Bullocks
Panthers:CB:Chris Gamble, Ken Lucas S: Mike Minter, Thomas Davis
Falcons:CB:DeAngelo Hall, Jason Webster S: Kevin McAdam, Keion Carpenter

Ravens:CB:Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle S:Ed Reed, Chad Williams
Steelers:CB:Ike Taylor, DeShea Townsed S:Troy Palamalu, Ryan Clark
Browns:CB: Daylon McCutcheon, Leigh Bolden S:Brian Russell, Sean Jones
Bengals:CB:Delthea O'Neal, Johnathon Joseph S:Kevin Kaesivharn, Ifeanyi, Ohalete

Chargers:CB:Quentin Jammer, Antonio Cromartie S:Bhawoh Jue, Terrance Kiel
Raiders:CB:Nnamdi Asomugha, Fabian Washington S:Michael Huff, Jarrod Cooper
Chiefs:CB:Patrick Surtain, Eric Warfield S:Greg Wesley, Sammy Knight
Broncos:CB:Champ Bailey, Domonique Foxworth S:John Lynch, Nick Ferguson

Bills:CB:Terrence McGee, Nate Clements S:Troy Vincent, Donte Whitner
Dolphins:CB:Travis Daniels, Jason Allen S:Lance Schuleter, Travares Tillman
Jets:CB:Ty Law(?), Andre Dyson S:Erik Coleman, Kerry Rhodes
Patriots:CB:Ellis Hobbs, Asante Samuel S:Eugene Wilson, Artrell Hawkins

Colts:CB:Nick Harper, Jason David S:Bob Sanders, Mike Doss
Texans:CB:Dunta Robinson, Demarcus Fagins S:C.C. Brown, Glen Earl
Jaguars:CB:Rashean Mathis, Brian Williams S:Deon Grant, Gerald Sensabaugh
Titans:CB:Reynaldo Hill, Pacman Jones S:Lamont Thompson, Donnie Nickey

Rastak
05-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Vikes is off.....

Sharper:Tank Williams or Willie Offord.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2006, 11:02 PM
As of right now, were do you think our corner tandem of al harris and charles woodson rank compared to the rest of the league?

Nobody has any idea. Those guys are on the far side of their prime. They might be great. Or maybe Woodson won't bounce back to his early career form.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Of course we're all guessing HH. Still, we have a newb poster creating a great thought provoking football thread.

Mad has a great angle saying Carroll will come in and beat out Harris for a starter job. That will be interesting!

I think it was Patler that said Harris was slowing down last 5 games. Anyway, Woodson has to have a chip on his shoulder coming in. From the few player comments at camp, he made a very positive impact. I think we'll be top 5.

Key might be Marquand.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Carroll take over, Woodson's body likes fresh WI air, Packers duo ranks in top 3-5.

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Of course we're all guessing HH. Still, we have a newb poster creating a great thought provoking football thread.

Mad has a great angle saying Carroll will come in and beat out Harris for a starter job. That will be interesting!

I think it was Patler that said Harris was slowing down last 5 games. Anyway, Woodson has to have a chip on his shoulder coming in. From the few player comments at camp, he made a very positive impact. I think we'll be top 5.

Key might be Marquand.

Yes, Patler noted the slowdown; I attribute that to boredom. Harris started playing bad when GB was in the plunger. I think he'll be fine for the next few years.

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Carroll take over, Woodson's body likes fresh WI air, Packers duo ranks in top 3-5.

SHAKING HEAD; if Carroll does beat out Woodsen they the free agent signing was a failure and our CB's are nowhere near the top 5.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 09:08 AM

SHAKING HEAD; if Carroll does beat out Woodsen they the free agent signing was a failure and our CB's are nowhere near the top 5.
NO! Carroll will beat out Harris if Al's lacks of speed starts becoming a liability.

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 09:13 AM
He's still in his early 30's; he's never been a burner. Al's just an old fashion smash mouth football player who is near perfect technique wise so he's still able to excel without being a burner. Carroll, on the other hand, has the speed but lacks the techniques; too bad we couldn't combine their skills for the perfect CB.

Highly Favored
05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
bretsky

you mean a corner like that mckenzie guy we let slip out of our grasp? where is he again? he was a player!!!

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
bretsky

you mean a corner like that mckenzie guy we let slip out of our grasp? where is he again? he was a player!!!

Welcome Highly Favored, let me know if you need any help getting an avatar setup.

I agree the Predator was sick and I wish he could have stayed but he didnt want to. I remember this one guy on the forum we use to be on defending him all the time.

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
bretsky

Welcome HF !

I agree; always liked MM and would have loved to see him stay in GB and pair with Al Harris for years to come.

HarveyWallbangers
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
As of right now I’d say they rank just outside the top 5, with at least the ravens, bears, bucs, eagles, and panthers having better corners. If harris and woodson have a good year together I think they will easily crack the top 5.

Ravens = McAlister and Rolle
Bears = Tillman, Vasher, and/or Manning
Bucs = Barber and Kelly
Eagles = Sheppard and Brown
Panthers = Lucas and Gamble

I'd agree on the first four. If Woodson stays healthy, I like the Packers better than Carolina. Lucas is a stud. Gamble is decent, but overrated.

I'd probably take Rogers and Springs with Washington, Clements and McGee in Buffalo, Bailey and Darrent Williams in Denver also. That puts them about 9th. I'd say on the edge of the top 10. The depth could be solid also.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-29-2006, 08:18 PM
i can agree with denver and buffalo, but washington does not have better corners. springs is no better than harris and rogers is not better than woodson.

MJZiggy
05-29-2006, 09:50 PM
bretsky

He WAS a player...isn't he getting kinda old?

SD GB fan
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
and didnt we show him a good time on our 52-3 rout last year? :cool:

BF4MVP
05-30-2006, 11:44 AM
bretsky

OMG

Could it be MOBB posting on packerrats?!

BlueBrewer
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
bretsky

Welcome Highly Favored, let me know if you need any help getting an avatar setup.

I agree the Predator was sick and I wish he could have stayed but he didnt want to. I remember this one guy on the forum we use to be on defending him all the time.

MAD, one of my friends played with Todd Bauman at ST. CLOUD ST who is now in New Orleans. They talk quite frequently. He said that McKenzie is a huge stoner, ala Ricky Williamsesque. He also said that Reggie Bush is lightening fast, and cuts like Barry Sanders. He said he is the real deal.

MadtownPacker
05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
MAD, one of my friends played with Todd Bauman at ST. CLOUD ST who is now in New Orleans. They talk quite frequently. He said that McKenzie is a huge stoner, ala Ricky Williamsesque. He also said that Reggie Bush is lightening fast, and cuts like Barry Sanders. He said he is the real deal.
Mack never popped a dirty test so thats fine. Hell look at Ricky's production. I would have let him smoke one at halftime if he plays like that stoned :mrgreen:

Reggie was the real deal in college but what happens when an NFL LB pops him hard? I dont recall him getting leveled much at USC. He was too quick.