PDA

View Full Version : Abdul Hodge : small blurb

motife
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/AbdulHodgeGBPackers2006.jpg/180px-AbdulHodgeGBPackers2006.jpg

From PFW this week : The word out of Green Bay is that LB Abdul Hodge, who had surgery on both knees last season, has been making excellent progress in his recovery. That said, it very much remains to be seen how well Hodge will hold up in training camp.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/AbdulHodgeGBPackers2006.jpg/180px-AbdulHodgeGBPackers2006.jpg

From PFW this week : The word out of Green Bay is that LB Abdul Hodge, who had surgery on both knees last season, has been making excellent progress in his recovery. That said, it very much remains to be seen how well Hodge will hold up in training camp.

I sure hope so. I would hate to think his sub mediocre career was ended by knee surgery.

Scott Campbell
03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Can one recover from being to slow to play in the NFL?

Lurker64
03-24-2008, 06:59 PM

To be fair to the guy, it is a lot harder to run fast when both of your knees hurt.

Scott Campbell
03-24-2008, 07:02 PM

To be fair to the guy, it is a lot harder to run fast when both of your knees hurt.

I thought he was supposed to be really slow even when healthy.

Lurker64
03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I thought he was supposed to be really slow even when healthy.

From seeing him in college, when healthy, he's about as slow as Desmond Bishop, but probably just a little bit faster.

BallHawk
03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
He'll be cut by the time opening day comes around.

Guiness
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM

maybe this surgery will be like the one that kid had in that cheesy baseball movie, that allowed him to throw a baseball 100mph (for the Cubs?). He'll be faster after the surgery???

Ok. Probably not.

KYPack
03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Right. He was slow and couldn't cover. Surgery won't bother him one bit.

mission
03-25-2008, 12:32 AM
i know this aint the exact same thing but sometimes these knee surgeries work out like tommy johns does for baseball pitchers ... not that they get faster, per se, but the fear of surgery potentially changing someone's career keeps them from getting it done right away ... it lingers on ... gets worse, player doesnt notice he's actually lost THREE steps now, decides his only option is surgery and hey ... he's back to half a step slow but a step smarter ...

we'll see... im rooting for the guy. im not a hodge fanboy by any means, never have been, but i like the idea and as much of a prick as i usually am, hate seein young dudes with families have their chance at payday jacked by an injury. if you aint good enough then fine ... but it's heartbreaking sometimes when it happens other ways. i can relate a bit ...