Crank it up !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnt63uPUy3Q&search=brett%20favre

Badgepack
05-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Way too cool,

Thank you GBMichele

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
He can be rolling and as soon as his guy gets an inch, Favre can put it on his numbers without the inconvienence of getting set.

COOL vid.

Brett was a true playmaker. Many of those games GB won were won on that arm. He made things happen that no other QB has ever done before, during and some day we can probably say since.

A legend. No question.

It makes you realize that he is not the same guy though. Those plays he made were one of a kind. He just doesn't do that any more. He's still very good, but he used to be the best. Physically, I take Brett Favre over any QB ever. His arm and coordination was/is special.

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 01:48 AM
He is the ultimate stud. Period.

I can't begin to tell you how honored I am to have been able to have watched every single game/pass/interception/whatever he has made in his entire career. When the day comes for him to finally hang his cleats up, it will truly be a sad, sad day for all professional sports, not just the NFL

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2006, 01:52 AM
I had trouble recognizing all the receivers. Amazing how many players pass through GB.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 01:59 AM
He has fire too. I love those fights. He's calmed down a lot, but he used to get in fights quite often. No wonder everyone is so emotionally blinded. The guy was the shit. I forget how much fun the winning years were. Last year really started to get the best of me.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 02:20 AM
"You want me to wear those #4 ya?"

CLASSIC!!

Homer Jay
05-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Tears and smiles. Thanks GBMichele.

As the sign said, "I love that Hillbilly."

Homer Jay
05-29-2006, 04:05 AM
And my favorite Brett Favre quote: "This aint the Ice Capades."

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 06:44 AM
No doubt that he has been the most entertaining player to watch in the NFL, period. Nothing is better when he's out there having fun and running all over the field. Maybe he has lost a step, but I certainly think he can play at a high level and can do things that no other QB can do.

After watching that video it makes me so happy that we still have at least one more year of watching #4. While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion (cough, bulldog) - I just don't see how you can sincerely want that guy to retire. There will never be another like him.

*sniffle*

BTW - I think it would be a great marketing idea for the Packers to start releasing complete games of Favre's careers. So many TV shows do that, why not football games? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would fork out $$$ to buy clean DVD copies of every game Favre played in!

Speaking of which...does anyone know if the SB video is available on DVD? I seriously have watched my VHS version so many times, that it's worn out and won't play anymore. Besides, I don't own a VCR anymore, either! Everytime I watch that video I can't help but get chills and even a few tears.

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 11:40 AM
ARE ALL HIS LATEST PLAYOFF GAMES ON VIDEO? GBM, could you fix all those ints and turn them into completions :D Seriously, the video demonstrates how great he once was and how he is a shell of his former self. I'll be fine with him being back if MM has the stones to bench him when his play hurts the team, as it has in the past.

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Bulldog - Who was/is better in his prime, Favre or Brady?

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Brady is still in his prime so it isn't over yet. I would say Brett is better from the shoulders down while Brady is better from the shoulders up. Brett has 3 MVP's while Brady has three Lombardi's and two Super Bowl MVP's.

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Montana/Brady are the best big game QB's to have ever laced them up.

Patler
05-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Montana/Brady are the best big game QB's to have ever laced them up.

I don't know, old Bart Starr did pretty well in his big game appearances.

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I missed that one. Bradshaw was also very good in the clutch.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Brady/Montana

Best QB's that also got to play on great teams for many years so wern't asked to do much and won games as a team.

Favre/Unitas = Best QB's EVER. Playmakers.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I take Brett Favre at 22 over Brady anyday.

I'd take those Patriot teams all day long, but when it comes to one player, I've watched quite a few Pat games over the last few years and Brady is anything but spectacular.

Ask him not to lose a game for a great team and you have a winner.

Ask him to win a game with an average team and you have a loser.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great QB in certain situations, but his career is going to look less spectacular ever year as he will not win any more big ones.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Brady looked like a chump last year in the playoffs.

Know why? Because he was asked to win the game and he can't. His defense didn't win it for him and he had to make plays.

He still had a very good team, but it doesn't even come close to the crappy teams Brett has led into the playoffs. Bulldog can site team wins as Brady's ultimate accomplishemnt, but I say look at his total body of work. Look at how many games where won on his arm. Not too many.

Through his winning years, games were won on teh backs of the NFL's greatest defense. It's pretty hard for a QB to screw that up. Just ask Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Kyle Orton and Tom Brady. The only difference is Brady got to play with a great team for 4 years in a row.

Favre made more big plays than Brady could dream of. The only thing Brady gets credit for is being a good role player on a great team. I just can't give him the respect that many give him just for team wins. I don't think his career is going to be as hallowed in 3 or 4 years when he flames out year after year. Everyone will realize it was the team.

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 01:42 PM
When I try to watch the video it constantly stops and then starts up again. Any suggestions? ......or is it just my old crappy computer? The last time one of these video things were posted it worked perfectly.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 01:45 PM
It's already fully loaded on my computer so I don't know if this will work for you.

Try pressing pause. See if it keeps loading up slowly. If it's still loading then just browse aroudn and do other things untill it gets done.

Jsut a suggestion.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
..Try pressing pause. See if it keeps loading up slowly. If it's still loading then just browse aroudn and do other things untill it gets done. ...

That usually works for me...

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 02:07 PM
ok thanks. I'll try. What a shitty day for me. :cry: .....no Favre video, bad hair cut. At least I'm getting paid from work for enduring a crappy day.

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 02:29 PM
007, If it's laggy, it's because of the internet connection, no need to blame your comp!

but damn, I hate bad haircuts!!!

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 04:06 PM
LOL....You women are funny. I just kind of rolled over the bad haircut thing and Michele picks up on it as the main point of the post. That is funny.

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 04:30 PM
When I try to watch the video it constantly stops and then starts up again. Any suggestions? ......or is it just my old crappy computer? The last time one of these video things were posted it worked perfectly.That's cause for the most part youtube SUCKS for play back. First off they have a terrible format, then they are not keeping up with enough bandwidth for the amount of popularity/traffic the site is taking in over the past few months.

I've captured it and am converting it and re-uploading it to a different site as we speak. It will be ready in just a couple minutes.

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 05:16 PM
When I try to watch the video it constantly stops and then starts up again. Any suggestions? ......or is it just my old crappy computer? The last time one of these video things were posted it worked perfectly.That's cause for the most part youtube SUCKS for play back. First off they have a terrible format, then they are not keeping up with enough bandwidth for the amount of popularity/traffic the site is taking in over the past few months.

I've captured it and am converting it and re-uploading it to a different site as we speak. It will be ready in just a couple minutes.

Here it is. It's a larger file now cause it's been converted to .wmv (53mb instead of 25mb) but the quality is a bit better also.
This site allows you to either play it from their site or download it and save it to your machine. (something youtube doesn't allow by default)

Enjoy.....
http://www.zshare.net/video/brett-tribute-wmv.html

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 05:39 PM
NC, can I blame it on being the off-season?? :mrgreen:

Cyberski - MUCH better quality, thanks for doing that!!

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
It's cool...I get it...girly girls are sexy IMO

Travbrew
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
but damn, I hate bad haircuts!!!

Lucky me. I cut my own hair. If it's screwed up, I have no one to blame but myself!

Travbrew
05-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Oops, forgot,
Thanks for posting that URL
VERY cool. A little watery eyed myself while watching it.

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Nick, sorry but your lack of respect for Montana/Brady shows your unwillingness to see anything without your green and gold sunglasses or your plain ignorant. Brady did have a bad game against Denver last season, no denying that. The Packer team that lost to the Bronco's had much more talent than any Patriot team that won a championship. Give it some time and you'll flip flop on this issue just as you did on Mario Williams. :oops:

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Just ask Kyle Orton what it takes to win games as an NFL QB.

Ask a QB to manage a game like Brady was asked and he will likely have success. Ask a QB to win the game and you will have a different situation. Ask the Tom Brady of last year.

Of course he choked. He can't force plays, he can only take what is given to him. He doesn't change the game, he manages it. Right now, I'd take Brady because he's about as physically gifted as an old #4 and a little smarter. Favre's body was 10X as gifted as Brady. Favre changed games. Favre made plays. Favre won mroe games than any NFL QB with crappy surrounding casts. Lets let Brady's career playout before we call him gods gift to football. YOU will find out how great he is when he's asked to win games. YOU got a little taste already. I was saying this for a long time.

Brady will not win more SB's. He will fade and his legacy will be much like Troy Aikman's.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I have a lot of respect for Montana. Not only was he a smart, great game manager, but he had a really good set of legs and he made plays when no play was there. He was a difference maker. He was better than Brady ever was or will be.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Brady = Aikman

That is no insult, jsut that he was a role player.

son of a vic
05-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Tom Brady loses one play-off game, and now he's just a "manager" of the game again. Tom Brady has won more "big" games than the Green Bay God has, or ever will. Therefore there is no point argueing who the better clutch player is. That's not my frickin' opinion, that's what the record book says!

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:40 PM
So has Troy Aikman.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Taht is also a fact. I'm not dreaming this shit up, I'm stating a hard undisputed fact.

Fuck you.

MJZiggy
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
For Pete's sake Nick, would you please go have a can of Coke and settle down?

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
ok thanks. I'll try. What a shitty day for me. :cry: .....no Favre video, bad hair cut. At least I'm getting paid from work for enduring a crappy day.

I had a great day yesterday; I got a great haircut.

Since I'm a guy as all a great haircut means is that it was free. Cause if it looks bad I can just add some of that moosy shit to it or hair spray and hide the bad parts.

Wife finally broke down and cut the hair; she hates it but does a better job than the pros do anyways.

Cheers,
B

b bulldog
05-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Nick, settle down and act your age. This isn't worth getting all upset about. I think your dead wrong on your assessment of Brady but why tell someone off? I usually like bantering with you but what was with that? With your logic, Brett could only win the big game when he had the number one D in the league and a superman like performance from the teams special teams, I guess that made him a role player.

son of a vic
05-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Memo to Nick-------------------I was commenting on the assumption of some, (that might include you) that think Favre is more of a "clutch" QB, than Tom Brady. I wasn't dissin' or praisin' Aikman.
So take one giant step down off your soap box, and take a nice refreshing dip in a 5.00 Wal-mart plastic swimming pool, full of my morning toothpaste gag goobers.

P.S., You might want to mix in a little soap with your Crest.

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM

Here it is. It's a larger file now cause it's been converted to .wmv (53mb instead of 25mb) but the quality is a bit better also.
This site allows you to either play it from their site or download it and save it to your machine. (something youtube doesn't allow by default)

Enjoy.....
http://www.zshare.net/video/brett-tribute-wmv.html[/quote]

Thanks cyberski. I still can't view it from this site. :mad:
It says ready. I click on play and it says connecting to media for about 3 seconds and nothing happens. I'm trying to download it now.

I am feeling a bit better though.....went out and bought some new furniture to make up for the bad haircut. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 10:33 PM
dayum 007, that was one expensive haircut!

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 10:37 PM

You know, it was an expensive haircut which pissed me off all the more!
Anyway, got some great new furniture for my family room to be delivered Friday. :D

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 10:56 PM
some comfy new stuff to park your seat during packer games? :D

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 11:04 PM
some comfy new stuff to park your seat during packer games? :D

Yup! the bar area next to it is all decked in Green and Gold. I should be all ready for a great 2006 season....the rest is all up to da boyz.

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
and even if it isn't the great season that we all hope for, well that is what that bar is for!!

Bretsky
05-29-2006, 11:37 PM

Anyway, got some great new furniture for my family room to be delivered Friday. :D

Next time do you want me to set up an appointment for my wife to cut your hair ?

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 11:44 PM

Next time do you want me to set up an appointment for my wife to cut your hair ?

Ummm.....sure!! as long as we don't have to watch some strange video while she cuts my hair! lol :razz:

Jimx29
05-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks cyberski. I still can't view it from this site. :mad:
It says ready. I click on play and it says connecting to media for about 3 seconds and nothing happens. I'm trying to download it now.

I am feeling a bit better though.....went out and bought some new furniture to make up for the bad haircut. :mrgreen:
It's a rather large file now, so ya either have to wait quite awhile for it to get ready to play (even though it says it's ready, it's probably not), or the better option would be what you're doing and just click the download button and save it to your desktop and play it. That way you'll also have it for later on too if you wanna send it to someone. Or better yet, just sned them that zshare link.

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Can you believe it is still downloading? lol my computer must be a real POS. Oh well patience is a virtue....it will be worth it.

RashanGary
05-30-2006, 03:05 AM
This isn't worth getting all upset about.

I know...My wife and kids have been up north for the last 4 days. They are a pretty big part of my life. I think I am not adjusting so well. I would have golfed but it was too damn blistering hot out. I spent all damn day here and I think it is taking its toll on me.

Next time they leave, I'll be prepared to deal with it a little better. Vic's tone always pisses me off. Combine that with me not having my rock, My wife and I am not such a serene person.

Sorry man....Vic too...Just cuz your cocky doesn't mean I gotta be a shit head about it.

Note to self *When wife leaves, fill time with golf, golf and maybe some hard core basketball or something to wear yourself out.*

Travbrew
05-30-2006, 05:57 AM
[quote=b bulldog]This isn't worth getting all upset about.

I know...My wife and kids have been up north for the last 4 days. They are a pretty big part of my life. I think I am not adjusting so well. I would have golfed but it was too damn blistering hot out. I spent all damn day here and I think it is taking its toll on me.

Too hot for golf? Blasphemy!!! It's one of my favorite times to go. No oldies glogging up the course!]

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Too hot for anything outdoors imo :sad:

Travbrew
05-30-2006, 07:27 AM
No doubt it can get hot down here. I lived in New Orleans for 6 years so being in SC it's not quite as hot here. Hard to hold on to the sticks when the sweat gets heavy, but i'll still go out. I walk and carry my bag too. No one ever accused me of being a genious.

Pack0514
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Question.... was that Woodson that Walker burned for the touchdown in the front right corner of the endzone against Oakland?

No Mo Moss
05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
That scene of Terry Bradshaw with Favre after the SB win always bothered me. Is he going to kiss him or what. I think that was the day his man-crush on #4 started.

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 05:13 PM
So does that mean that M3's man crush on favre started back when he was our QB coach? :wink:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/xmm111.jpg

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Too hot for anything outdoors imo :sad:

I thought for sure you'd be up north out on the lake this weekend, bulldog!

Homer Jay
05-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I wish I still had some hair to cut.

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I wish I still had some hair to cut.

As long as you stay away from the combover thing, you're ok!

Stay away, stay far away....

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I'M HEADED NORTH THIS WEEKEND AND EVERY WEEKEND TILL THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST. I have had lots of graduation parties this year and my home remodeling STILL ISN'T DONE! The wife wants everything repainted and that even has me doing all the woodwork in oil :evil: The deck is the next project but it can wait for now on as I will be goin north, come Friday.

MadtownPacker
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I have had lots of graduation parties this year
By chance, is your last name chumura? :mrgreen:

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I had my nephew's grad party this past weekend up north. it sucks, I can't go up there again until 4th of July weekend. Busy with this wedding that I'm standing up in next month, an out of town bachelorette party to see Jimmy Buffett, a baptism for my Goddaughter and next thing ya know, it's 4th of July weekend already.

but after that bulldog, I'll be sure to stop over on my ATV :mrgreen:

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
These damn computers are a real pain to use while your enjoying a nice "tub" with youtr closest friends. :twisted:

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
i JUST SOLD MY ATV cause in two years we put 100 miles on it and our new place is quite far from the trails. I don't miss it at all, maybe I'll buy a bike. I've always liked motorcycles but haven't had one in ten years or so.