PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Gray

Bretsky
03-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Appears to be signed; Fanball.com is reporting that Gray is set to sign a one year deal with Houston.

http://www.fanballnews.com/player_notes/nfl/2008-03-24/both/03/2008

Quinn Gray has signed a one-year contract with the Houston Texans, according to the Houston Chronicle. Gray, who played his first five seasons with Jacksonville, signed a one-year deal worth $605,000 including a $40,000 signing bonus. Signing Gray gives Houston three experienced quarterbacks. Matt Schaub is firmly entrenched as the starter, while Sage Rosenfels has proven to be a solid backup.

Pack-man
03-25-2008, 08:56 AM
I don't get this signing. Why would he sign with Houston where he is slated to be #3. In GB he would have been #2 and with ARods health history probably would have had a chance to play. In Houston he has 2 guys in front of him! Very curious!

Maybe GB was not really all that sold on him and their offer wasn't as much!

twoseven
03-25-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't get this signing. Why would he sign with Houston where he is slated to be #3. In GB he would have been #2 and with ARods health history probably would have had a chance to play. In Houston he has 2 guys in front of him! Very curious!

Maybe GB was not really all that sold on him and their offer wasn't as much!
If the Texans DON'T end up trading Sage Rosenfelts then this is a weird signing. My guess is they will, someone may give up a decent pick for him ala Matt Schaub.

Guiness
03-26-2008, 01:51 AM
guess the bit of hype given to him was just a bit of smoke and mirrors...looks like no one was actually terribly interested in him.

I'm sure if the Pack wanted him at all, they could've given him more than that, and he would've likely been the de facto #2 coming into camp (is Nall under contract or what?)